Why not enter some details and get an accurate price?
- Spacious, simple pitches at a sports club 15 minutes' walk from Kendal
- On the edge of the Lake District, 20 minutes' drive from Windermere
- Access to clubhouse for bathroom facilities, restaurant and bar
Kendal Rugby Club has spacious, simple pitches in the grounds of a sports club 15 minutes’ walk from Kendal’s town centre and train station.
The Cumbria club’s pride and joy is its smart clubhouse, which has a comfy restaurant and bar (open several days a week) and a well-equipped gym, along with toilets and showers that are available for all guests to use. Other facilities on site include a playground and a free wifi connection.
This is a fine base not only for strolls around the market town of Kendal but also looking beyond to more rural pursuits. The town that calls itself ‘the southern gateway to the Lakes’ is indeed on the edge of the Lake District National Park, around 20 minutes’ drive from Windermere (for boat trips, windsurfing or canoeing) and 45 minutes from Claife Heights.
Between the walks, the bike rides, the wildlife spotting, the watersports and the family-friendly attractions, there’s plenty to keep you busy around the Lake District; if that’s not quite enough, head east for a change to reach the Yorkshire Dales National Park with around half an hour’s drive.
Please note that unfortunately dogs are not allowed at this site, and there's a no-glass policy in place for everyone's safety.
Open from 05/17/2021 to 09/01/2021
No cars/motorcycles at the site. All cars must be parked in the designated area.
The bar facilities are closed due to restrictions imposed by the coronavirus outbreak.
Under 18s must be accompanied by their parents or legal guardians.
The restaurant is closed due to restrictions imposed by the coronavirus outbreak.
The restaurant is open between 01/05 and 31/08.
No bachelor/bachelorette parties permitted via Pitchup.com.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Non-electric grass tent or trailer tent pitch
Max. persons: 4 x
One Tent or Camper trailer allowed per pitch
Pitch size : Max 5.0m width x 5.0m depth (16.4ft width x 16.4ft depth) Calculated area: 25.0m² (269.1ft²)
Ground type: Grass
Based on a stay for 2 adultsAvailability by arrival day (British Pound (£), extras not included) (Euro (€), extras not included) (Australian Dollar (A$), extras not included) (US Dollar (US$), extras not included) (Canadian Dollar (CA$), extras not included) (Swiss Franc (CHF), extras not included) (Swedish Krona (SEK), extras not included) (Danish Krone (DKK), extras not included) (Norwegian Krone (NOK), extras not included) (Icelandic Króna (ISK), extras not included) (Argentine Peso (ARS), extras not included) (Chilean Peso (CLP), extras not included) (Peruvian Sol (PEN), extras not included) (New Zealand Dollar ($), extras not included) (South African Rand (ZAR), extras not included) (Polish Zloty (PLN), extras not included) (Brazilian Real (R$), extras not included) (Czech Koruna (CZK), extras not included) (Serbian Dinar (RSD), extras not included) (Hungarian Forint (HUF), extras not included) (Russian Rouble (RUB), extras not included) (Chinese Yuan (CN¥), extras not included)
Excellent site, lovely and clean. Very friendly and helpful staff.
Excellent site, everything you need at an affordable price.
Excellent site clean facilities everyone friendly
Field is flat and good drainage so didn't get waterlogged …
Great site for ease of access to Kendal town centre. Clean facilities
Great facilities, helpful staff and good food and drink options …
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Medium (26-50 sites)
Mountain biking nearby
- Coach stations
Kendal Bus Station
— 1.5 kilometres
1.5 kilometres Windermere: Rail Station Coach Stop — 11.6 kilometres
11.6 kilometres Ambleside: Bus Shelter, King Street — 17.7 kilometres
- Train stations
Kendal Rail Station
— 1.1 kilometres
1.1 kilometres Burneside (Cumbria) Rail Station — 2.4 kilometres
2.4 kilometres Oxenholme Lake District Rail Station — 4.2 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Bowness on Windermere Ferry Terminal
— 12.4 kilometres
12.4 kilometres Bowness Ferry Nab Ferry Landing — 12.7 kilometres
12.7 kilometres Far Sawrey Windermere Ferry Terminal — 13.2 kilometres
Durham Tees Valley Airport
— 86.6 kilometres
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Kendal Golf Club: five minutes’ drive
- Hawkshead Brewery: 10 minutes
- Sizergh Castle: 15 minutes
- Windermere (lake with watersports, sailing and steamer boat trips): 20 minutes
- Brockhole (adventure park with ziplines, archery and kayaking): 20 minutes
- World of Beatrix Potter: 20 minutes
- Lakes Aquarium: half an hour
- Lakeside and Haverthwaite Railway: half an hour
- Grizedale Forest: 50 minutes.
- Sizergh Castle and Garden (6.9 kilometres)
- Levens Hall & Gardens (9.7 kilometres)
- Blackwell, The Arts & Craft House (12.0 kilometres)
- Sizergh Castle and Garden (6.9 kilometres)
- Windermere and Troutbeck (12.7 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||noon –||8 p.m.|
|Depart by:||11:30 a.m.|
Kendal Rugby Club cancellation policy
Balance refunds: no penalties
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19.
The remainder is payable on arrival.
Payment methods accepted on the parkBank transfer
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Kendal Rugby Club have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Kendal Rugby Club dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Kendal Rugby Club? Attractions and activities nearby include: - Kendal Golf Club: five minutes’ drive - Hawkshead Brewery: 10 minutes - Sizergh Castle: 15 minutes - Windermere (lake with watersports, sailing and steamer boat trips): … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Kendal Rugby Club?
Camping and touring Arrive: noon – 8 p.m. Depart by: 11:30 a.m.
- How much does it cost to stay at Kendal Rugby Club? From $49.28 (for 1 night, 4 people) - prices may change depending on your dates and party. Check prices and availability