This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- In the Catalan Pyrenees at the Andorra/France border
- Pool, solarium, playground, zipline, games room and football pitch
- On-site bicycle repair shop and bike lockers
Sunny Spanish stays on a grand scale: Catalonia's Camping Gran Sol is in the Pyrenees at the Andorra/France border, close to both the Alt Pirineu and Cadí-Moixeró natural parks, and in an area primed for hiking, mountain biking and adventure sports.
If you're in Spain on wheels, Gran Sol will see you straight too, as the owners are skilled and savvy cyclists, and have a small bike repair shop on site as well as bike lockers for guests' use.
Camping Gran Sol is a quiet and family-friendly site, with leisure facilities aplenty: on offer are a playground with zipline for the kids, a big pool surrounded by a solarium and a paddling pool, a football pitch, a games room and ping pong tables.
Other facilities include an amenities block with free hot showers and a washing-up area. To sort supplies, a major supermarket is nearby.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Jumbo tent pitches
Lake and/or mountain
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Nearby farmers' market
Public transport nearby
Large (51-200 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Drainage hook-up points for tourers
Motorhome service point
Water hook-up points for tourers
Get ready to get active, as Camping Gran Sol is well placed for plenty of Catalonian outdoor activities such as canyoning, rafting or paragliding: if you fancy any of these, many activities can be booked on site at discounted rates.
Walking, hiking and mountain biking in the nearby Alt Pirineu and Cadí-Moixeró natural parks are also popular picks around these parts; if you're around in autumn, join the locals in foraging for wild mushrooms.
After quiet adventuring? The surrounding area and Catalonia's Lérida region are crammed with historical sites such as castles, old villages and architectural highlights including the Seu Vella in Lleida city. Restaurants and shops are also plentiful nearby.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Camping Gran Sol have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Camping Gran Sol dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Gran Sol? Get ready to get active, as Camping Gran Sol is well placed for plenty of Catalonian outdoor activities such as canyoning, rafting or paragliding: if you fancy any of these, many activities … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Camping Gran Sol?
Camping and touring Arrive: 8 a.m. – 11 p.m. Depart by: noon