This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Family-friendly site 10 minutes from spectacular Kruger National Park
- Big Five safaris, horseback tours, outdoor activities within 15 mins
- Swimming pool, playground and braai facilities for guests
Lions, rhino and leopards… oh my! If your idea of a dream getaway is all about the animals and the outdoors, then pack your binoculars, slather on some suncream, make peace with your mosquito overlords, and make hasty tracks for the family-friendly Kiaat Caravan Park in Hazyview-Vakansiedorp, 10 minutes’ drive from the town of Hazyview in South Africa’s Mpumalanga province.
This is a top spot for wildlife spotters of all stripes: Kruger National Park is 10 minutes from base for safari trips, self-drives and photography days, and lucky guests should be able to knock seeing the Big Five off their bucket list after a visit.
If that's not quite your game, venture the 10 minutes instead to Horse Whispers for cross-country treks and riverside rambles on horseback, Elephant Whispers for up-close encounters with gentle giants, or Perry’s Bridge Reptile Park to slither around with snakes, crocs and lizards.
Feeling dusty and hungry from your days of wild wanders? Head back to the site for a cooling dip in the pool, then fill up on munch by piling your own private braai high with goodies from town or nabbing a table at one of the local eateries. Kick back next to the campfire for a particularly cosy evening resting weary legs and be sure to watch that African sunset if you want to see a show – it's an absolute stunner.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Small (11-25 pitches)
Horse riding nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Water hook-up points for tourers
Fans of the outdoors are well served at Kiaat Caravan Park, and not just the ones that like walking with the animals. Within 20 minutes’ drive of the site, you can get out on the Sabie River for rafting and whitewater tubing, soar above the trees at cheetah-level speeds (that’s fast) on a zipline, or get a little competitive on quad bikes or with an afternoon of paintball.
If you’d prefer to soak up the stunning scenery at a more leisurely pace, make your way to the spectacularly scenic Blyde River Canyon (a little over half an hour away) for a drive, bike or hike, or get out on the water with a Blyde River Dam boat trip.
Get a taste for local culture at Shangana Cultural Village, 15 minutes from the site, where you can poke around the crafts market, take tours (and grab a bite of lunch) and take part in the evening festival hosted by the chief, or explore the Artefunto art gallery to clap eyes on some fab pieces.
Wind down your hols by treating yourself to a spa day at Sanbonani Resort, a five-minute stroll away, where there are plenty of massages, facials and treatments to get you to peak bliss just in time for your return to reality.
- Does Kiaat Caravan Park have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Kiaat Caravan Park dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Kiaat Caravan Park? Fans of the outdoors are well served at Kiaat Caravan Park, and not just the ones that like walking with the animals. Within 20 minutes’ drive of the site, you can get … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Kiaat Caravan Park?
Camping and touring Arrive: Anytime – Anytime Depart by: Anytime