This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Riverside site just outside Comblain-les-Tours in the Belgian Ardennes
- On the RAVeL network of walking and cycle paths
- Mini animal park, outdoor fitness area and playground
It’s a rocky, rivery outlook from the pitches at Camping Le Rocher de la Vierge, and it’s a rocky, rivery area surrounding the place too: tthis is the Belgian Ardennes. Which means... this is an excellent base for fresh-air adventures including kayaking, mountain biking and river fishing.
Hiking types have a full menu of routes awaiting their footprints: the site is on the RAVeL green path network, and close to the GR 57 long-distance route. (If that’s a little daunting, take advice from a member of staff on shorter circular routes, and download one of their GPS maps to keep you on track. They’ve even got a nifty gadget you can borrow to ensure you don’t go astray.)
Once you’ve made it back in one piece, refuel at the cafeteria with a meal and beer on the open terrace or satisfy immediate munchies at the fast food kiosk – this being Belgium, it has to be national fave chips and mayo if you want to fit in with the locals... A couple of restaurants and a convenience store are within 15 minutes’ walk too.
Burn off the effects of all those fries at the outdoor gym or with games of volleyball, football or homeball (a kind of cross between football and netball; local folk can explain the intricacies). There’s a playground, sandpit, trampoline and petting zoo for the tiddlers and a pétanque court and table tennis for the gentle amusement of grownups.
Organised activities for all ages run in summer.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Beautiful easy location with a very relaxed atmosphere
AVOID AVOID AVOID!!!!
|Reviews in other languages appear below.|
j'ai adorer le cadre car c'etait en pleine nature,j'ai bien …
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Tents for hire
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Public transport nearby
Very large (over 200 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Motorhome service point
Tourer storage facilities
Water hook-up points for tourers
If riverside living has enticed you to explore the waters further, it’s a five-minute drive to Hamoir for kayaking or canoeing trips on the Ourthe river – wave to your fellow guests as you paddle past the edge of the site. Also not far away (10 minutes or so in the car) are the Comblain cave and the Château de l’Avouerie in Anthisnes, now transformed into a beer and gin museum.
Museums in the region include the rural life museum in Xhoris 10 minutes away, a toy museum in Ferrières, a beer museum on a castle farm in Tillf, and a sweet little bakery museum at the castle in Harzé; all within 15 minutes' drive.
Head off on safari at Le Monde Sauvage, an animal park that’s home to hippos, giraffes and other big beasts. It’s also worth making the 40-minute drive over to La Gleize to see the December 1944 museum, which tells the story of the Battle of the Bulge, complete with weaponry and tanks.
- Does Camping Le Rocher de la Vierge have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Camping Le Rocher de la Vierge dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Le Rocher de la Vierge? If riverside living has enticed you to explore the waters further, it’s a five-minute drive to Hamoir for kayaking or canoeing trips on the Ourthe river – wave to your fellow guests … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Camping Le Rocher de la Vierge?
Camping and touring Arrive: 10 a.m. – 10 p.m. Depart by: Anytime On-site accommodation Arrive: 2 p.m. – 10 p.m. Depart by: noon