This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Well-kept family holiday park near the Jurassic Coast
- Near Jurassic Coast World Heritage Site & Durdle door on its doorstep
- Peaceful site with outdoor games and a mobile bar
Looking for the best of both worlds with seclusion as well as family activities that suit everyone? Then look no further...
'Woodlands' is a private campsite situated in the middle of Wool, near Wareham surrounded by the towns of Swanage and Weymouth on the Dorset Coast and inland, its capital Dorchester.
Woodlands is situated in a tranquil campsite setting surrounded by 3 acres of meadow and is accessed through a private gated entrance which leads into a large and open laid to lawn space surrounded by woodland, as its name suggests. For relaxation in this back-to-basics rural campsite, why not enjoy on-site table tennis, badminton and basketball, or our mobile bar facilities and outdoor evening entertainment at your leisure.
This site, which has flushing toilets and a free hot water shower block, is perfect for families who are looking to maximise the surrounding area, whilst benefiting from straightforward, no-nonsense accommodation.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Will be back
Superb staff, Michelle & Casey are great. We’ll be back for sure.
Peace location cleanliness
Clean showers and toilets great location very accommodating owners we …
People very friendly
Was a good time, the camping is not far from …
24+ hour ventilation between accommodation guests
Activities/entertainment run in smaller groups
Capacity reduced to increase social distancing
Check-in: contactless (in person)
Check-in: one group at a time
Distance markers in shared facilities
Extra spacing in seated areas
More frequent emptying of bins
Staggered showering times
We're Good To Go (VisitBritain accreditation)
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Nearby farmers' market
Public transport nearby
Medium (26-50 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Surf school nearby
- Coach stations
Wareham: North Street Coach Stop
— 3.5 miles
3.5 miles Corfe Castle: East Street Coach Stop — 6.3 miles
6.3 miles Poole: Dolphin Centre Bus Station — 9.6 miles
- Train stations
Wool Rail Station
— 1.6 miles
1.6 miles Wareham Rail Station — 3.4 miles
3.4 miles Holton Heath Rail Station — 5.4 miles
- Ferry ports
Poole Ferry Terminal
— 8.8 miles
8.8 miles Poole Quay Ferry Landing — 9.2 miles
9.2 miles Brownsea Island Ferry Landing — 10.2 miles
Bournemouth International Airport
— 17.1 miles
Nearby attractions and activities include:
- Lulworth Castle: 10 minutes' drive
- Lulworth Cove: 10 minutes
- Durdle Door: 10 minutes
- Monkey World: 10 minutes
- The Tank Museum: 10 minutes
- Harman's Cross Station (for steam train rides): 15 minutes
- Corfe Castle: 15 minutes
- Kimmeridge Bay: 20 minutes
- Tyneham (abandoned village): 20 minutes
- Abbotsbury Subtropical Gardens: 40 minutes.
- Monkey World - Ape Rescue Centre (2.1 miles)
- Lulworth Castle & Park (2.7 miles)
- The Tank Museum (2.9 miles)
- Clouds Hill (4.1 miles)
- Corfe Castle (6.2 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||4 p.m. –||8:30 p.m.|
|Depart by:||10 a.m.|
Woodlands Campsite cancellation policy
No refunds within 1 week of arrival date.
Changes cannot be made once you have booked.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
The site is not liable for any refund in the event of force majeure.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19. Woodlands Campsite will debit the balance from your card 1 week before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 1 week then the balance will be taken immediately.Deposit transferable during COVID-19. During COVID-19 you can transfer your deposit to a future stay booked within 3 months of your arrival date. Read more.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking.
Payment methods accepted on the parkCash
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does Woodlands Campsite have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Woodlands Campsite dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Woodlands Campsite? Nearby attractions and activities include: - Lulworth Castle: 10 minutes' drive - Lulworth Cove: 10 minutes - Durdle Door: 10 minutes - Monkey World: 10 minutes - The Tank Museum: 10 minutes … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Woodlands Campsite?
Camping and touring Arrive: 4 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.