Make your great escape
- We make it a doddle to book campsites, glamping sites and caravan parks throughout the UK, Europe and the Americas.
- Trusted by 3m holidaymakers from 112 countries
- Choose and book in minutes, with instant confirmation and no booking fees.
- FT 1000, Financial Times' 1,000 fastest-growing companies in Europe
Campsites and Holiday Parks in Essex
8 bookable sites in Essex
[[ campsite.hierarchy ]]
This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
- Lakeside site in rural Essex
- Waterskiing and banana boat rides; playground and picnic areas
- Five minutes' drive from the village and pubs of Halstead
Non-electric grass tent or trailer tent pitch 8 x From £24/€26.89/A$43.59/US$32.03/CA$41.65/CHF29.20/SEK272.96/DKK200.12/NOK284.18/ISK4,327/ARS2,584.01/CLP24,781/PEN115.15/NZ$45.94/ZAR485.92/PLN120.11/R$172.11/CZK704.79/RSD3,161/HUF9,699.96/RUB2,416.16/CN¥210.72 per night
- Family-friendly park right next to the beach in West Mersea
- A 25-minute drive to Colchester; 45 minutes to Clacton-on-Sea
- Café, shop, play area and clubhouse with entertainment on site
Electric hardstanding touring caravan pitch 10 x From £10/€11.20/A$18.16/US$13.34/CA$17.35/CHF12.17/SEK113.73/DKK83.38/NOK118.41/ISK1,803/ARS1,076.67/CLP10,326/PEN47.98/NZ$19.14/ZAR202.47/PLN50.05/R$71.71/CZK293.66/RSD1,317/HUF4,041.65/RUB1,006.73/CN¥87.80 per night Camping pod 4 x From £30/€33.61/A$54.48/US$40.03/CA$52.06/CHF36.50/SEK341.20/DKK250.15/NOK355.22/ISK5,409/ARS3,230.01/CLP30,977/PEN143.94/NZ$57.42/ZAR607.40/PLN150.14/R$215.14/CZK880.98/RSD3,952/HUF12,124.95/RUB3,020.20/CN¥263.40 per night
- Family-friendly site 10 minutes’ walk from a sandy beach
- Within a half-hour drive of Clacton-on-Sea and Walton-on-the-Naze
- Pool, miniature golf, indoor play, bar and clubhouse entertainment
Camping pod 4 x From £30/€33.61/A$54.48/US$40.03/CA$52.06/CHF36.50/SEK341.20/DKK250.15/NOK355.22/ISK5,409/ARS3,230.01/CLP30,977/PEN143.94/NZ$57.42/ZAR607.40/PLN150.14/R$215.14/CZK880.98/RSD3,952/HUF12,124.95/RUB3,020.20/CN¥263.40 per night
- Secluded luxury yurt 15 minutes’ drive from Frinton-on-Sea
- Clacton-on-Sea within 20 minutes and Colchester within 25 minutes
- Kingsize bed, decking with two outdoor baths, gas barbecue and seating
Eivissa yurt 2 x From £200/€224.08/A$363.22/US$266.88/CA$347.06/CHF243.34/SEK2,274.66/DKK1,667.64/NOK2,368.15/ISK36,058/ARS21,533.43/CLP206,511/PEN959.61/NZ$382.80/ZAR4,049.32/PLN1,000.95/R$1,434.26/CZK5,873.23/RSD26,344/HUF80,832.97/RUB20,134.66/CN¥1,756.01 per night
- Within walking distance of the beach at Walton-on-the-Naze
- Nature reserve and Naze Tower nearby
- Indoor pool with terrace, adventure play area and amusements
Electric grass touring pitch 6 x From £6/€6.72/A$10.90/US$8.01/CA$10.41/CHF7.30/SEK68.24/DKK50.03/NOK71.04/ISK1,082/ARS646/CLP6,195/PEN28.79/NZ$11.48/ZAR121.48/PLN30.03/R$43.03/CZK176.20/RSD790/HUF2,424.99/RUB604.04/CN¥52.68 per night
- Peaceful rural site a mile and a half from the village of Witham
- Five fishing lakes with 100+ pegs and carp up to 22lb
- Tackle shop and licensed bar-restaurant on site
Electric grass touring pitch (adults only) 4 x From £22.50/€25.21/A$40.86/US$30.02/CA$39.04/CHF27.38/SEK255.90/DKK187.61/NOK266.42/ISK4,057/ARS2,422.51/CLP23,233/PEN107.96/NZ$43.06/ZAR455.55/PLN112.61/R$161.35/CZK660.74/RSD2,964/HUF9,093.71/RUB2,265.15/CN¥197.55 per night
- Quiet family-friendly Mersea Island site, family-run since 1923
- Wildlife haven, woodland walks, games field and two play areas
- Close to the beach and with a pub a few minutes' walk away
Electric optional grass pitch 6 x From £19/€21.29/A$34.51/US$25.35/CA$32.97/CHF23.12/SEK216.09/DKK158.43/NOK224.97/ISK3,426/ARS2,045.68/CLP19,619/PEN91.16/NZ$36.37/ZAR384.69/PLN95.09/R$136.26/CZK557.96/RSD2,503/HUF7,679.13/RUB1,912.79/CN¥166.82 per night
- Wildlife haven with easy access to London
- Close to whitewater rafting, bike and walking paths
- London travel cards available to buy
Non-electric grass tent pitch 4 x From £15/€16.81/A$27.24/US$20.02/CA$26.03/CHF18.25/SEK170.60/DKK125.07/NOK177.61/ISK2,704/ARS1,615.01/CLP15,488/PEN71.97/NZ$28.71/ZAR303.70/PLN75.07/R$107.57/CZK440.49/RSD1,976/HUF6,062.47/RUB1,510.10/CN¥131.70 per night Electric hardstanding touring pitch 4 x From £19/€21.29/A$34.51/US$25.35/CA$32.97/CHF23.12/SEK216.09/DKK158.43/NOK224.97/ISK3,426/ARS2,045.68/CLP19,619/PEN91.16/NZ$36.37/ZAR384.69/PLN95.09/R$136.26/CZK557.96/RSD2,503/HUF7,679.13/RUB1,912.79/CN¥166.82 per night Fully-serviced hardstanding touring pitch 4 x From £22.50/€25.21/A$40.86/US$30.02/CA$39.04/CHF27.38/SEK255.90/DKK187.61/NOK266.42/ISK4,057/ARS2,422.51/CLP23,233/PEN107.96/NZ$43.06/ZAR455.55/PLN112.61/R$161.35/CZK660.74/RSD2,964/HUF9,093.71/RUB2,265.15/CN¥197.55 per night Electric grass tent pitch 6 x From £28.60/€32.04/A$51.94/US$38.16/CA$49.63/CHF34.80/SEK325.28/DKK238.47/NOK338.65/ISK5,156/ARS3,079.28/CLP29,531/PEN137.22/NZ$54.74/ZAR579.05/PLN143.14/R$205.10/CZK839.87/RSD3,767/HUF11,559.11/RUB2,879.26/CN¥251.11 per night Cocoon D camping pod (double) 2 x From £35/€39.21/A$63.56/US$46.70/CA$60.74/CHF42.58/SEK398.07/DKK291.84/NOK414.43/ISK6,310/ARS3,768.35/CLP36,139/PEN167.93/NZ$66.99/ZAR708.63/PLN175.17/R$251/CZK1,027.81/RSD4,610/HUF14,145.77/RUB3,523.56/CN¥307.30 per night Cocoon T camping pod (twin) 2 x From £35/€39.21/A$63.56/US$46.70/CA$60.74/CHF42.58/SEK398.07/DKK291.84/NOK414.43/ISK6,310/ARS3,768.35/CLP36,139/PEN167.93/NZ$66.99/ZAR708.63/PLN175.17/R$251/CZK1,027.81/RSD4,610/HUF14,145.77/RUB3,523.56/CN¥307.30 per night Woodland cabin (2 adults and 2 children) 4 x From £50/€56.02/A$90.81/US$66.72/CA$86.77/CHF60.84/SEK568.66/DKK416.91/NOK592.04/ISK9,015/ARS5,383.36/CLP51,628/PEN239.90/NZ$95.70/ZAR1,012.33/PLN250.24/R$358.57/CZK1,468.31/RSD6,586/HUF20,208.24/RUB5,033.66/CN¥439 per night
Want to see more? We're only showing the sites that are bookable on Pitchup.com.
We’re not going to harp on only about TOWIE or white stilettoes, because that would be mightily unfair to lovely Essex. It’s home of the oldest recorded town in Britain (Colchester, but you knew that), historic villages such as St Osyth and seaside resorts including Clacton-on-Sea and Southend-on-Sea. And, more amusingly, Essex is where a holidaymaker spotted a ‘lion’ in 2012, making it top of our list for big game hunting (for actual wildlife, barn owls and otters can be spotted in the AONB Dedham Vale on the Essex/Sussex border).
Essex campsites can be used as a base to see the best of the county, from hiking Epping Forest to clubbing in Chelmsford: if you need some inspiration, take a look at the ‘Local Attractions’ tab on each listing for details of what to do in the area, or look for campsites in Essex according to leisure on site or nearby.