This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Small, secluded and peaceful site for relaxed and laidback breaks
- Close to the shops and services of the Fairtrade town of Woodhall Spa
- Cosy pods with electricity, heating, kettle and firepits
Does the thought of busy commercial campsites make you want to shudder? Rest up here near Woodhall Spa to be on a small, secluded and most serene little site, surrounded by green pastures with viewsome vistas of the Lincolnshire Fens.
The family team at Witham Rest have set the site up for those who also shudder at the thought of wrestling with tents: accommodation here is in cosy and fully-insulated camping pods, each with electricity and sockets, USB charging points, kettle, lantern, verandah and brazier. A firepit area is provided outside each pod.
An indoor toilet is also available for guests, along with a washroom and washing-up and canteen facilities. Shower facilities are available in the owners' house on site.
Nearby Woodhall Spa has a wide range of shops to pick up souvenirs as well as bits for the barbecue from its award-winning butcher.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Tents for hire
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Tipis, yurts, or wigwams
Lake and/or mountain
Leave the car at home
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transport nearby
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Touring and motorhomes
- Coach stations
Tattershall (Lincs): Market Cross Coach Stop
— 2.0 miles
2.0 miles Woodhall Spa (Lincs): Coach Stop — 2.4 miles
2.4 miles Coningsby (Lincs): War Memorial Coach Stop — 2.5 miles
- Train stations
Metheringham Rail Station
— 6.9 miles
6.9 miles Ruskington Rail Station — 8.4 miles
8.4 miles Heckington Rail Station — 10.3 miles
- Ferry ports
West Lynn Ferry Landing
— 36.0 miles
— 32.4 miles
The site is half way between Kirkstead and Tattershall bridges on Witham Bank.
Witham Rest's local settlement of Woodhall Spa is a Fairtrade village, full of independent shops selling everything from clothes to cakes to pampering for pets.
It's also famed for its National Golf Centre, two courses and an academy on a landscape that's been voted among the top 25 courses in the world, and for its Kinema in the Woods, the only cinema in the UK to still use back projection. Kinema is open every day of the year apart from 25 December.
As this is Fenland, long-distance walks are easily accessed from the village, like the Viking Way, passing through Woodhall Spa on its 147-mile route from the Humber Bridge in north Lincolnshire to Oakham in Rutland; the Spa Way, a traffic-free footpath for 3.3 miles between Woodhall Spa and Horncastle, and the Water Rail Way, a 25-mile path along the banks of the River Witham.
The Witham Rest crew also reckons that the Lincolnshire Fens are one of the best-kept holiday secrets in the UK, especially for history buffs and those who like wide open spaces around which to tramp.
Dating back to the times of World War II, the area is known these days too for its planes and RAF memorabilia, particularly via the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight based at RAF Coningsby, home to a Lancaster bomber, Spitfires and Hurricanes, all of which can regularly be seen over the campsite. The Petwood Hotel in Woodhall Spa is where the 612 Dam Busters squadron was based during World War II.
Other options are the antique shops and local produce market of market town Horncastle, a few miles from base on the River Bain; Lincoln with its castle, museums and cathedral, within a 20-mile drive, and the sandy beaches and lively nightlife of Skegness, 24 miles away and suitable for families as well as party peeps.
- Lincoln Medieval Bishops' Palace (15.0 miles)
- Lincoln Cathedral (15.1 miles)
- Lincoln Castle (15.1 miles)
- Tattershall Castle (1.9 miles)
- Gunby Hall Estate: Monksthorpe Chapel (16.3 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Witham Rest have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Witham Rest dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Witham Rest? Witham Rest's local settlement of Woodhall Spa is a Fairtrade village, full of independent shops selling everything from clothes to cakes to pampering for pets. It's also famed for its National Golf … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Witham Rest?
Camping and touring Arrive: 2 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: noon On-site accommodation Arrive: 2 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: noon