This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful campsite with spectacular views over Hackthorn Park
- Lincoln city centre 15 minutes by car; Newark-on-Trent 30 minutes
- Simple site in the grounds of a Grade-I listed 18th-century manor
Sign up for pastoral scenes and easy access to the gorgeous city of Lincoln at Hackthorn Hall Campsite, a peaceful site on the edge of the village of Hackthorn. Sitting next to 40 acres of landscaped parkland and formal gardens – much of which is open to the public on regular visitors’ days – this site is an excellent mix of dreamy country views and simple grass pitches.
This site is light on facilities, but guests do have access to well-kept toilets. This low-key approach ensures that nothing overshadows the splendid parkland and lake or obstructs the views over Hackthorn Hall that make this place so well-suited to peaceful breaks.
This park has been in the hands of the same family for over four hundred years, so there's plenty of history about. More heritage is available down the road in Lincoln (15 minutes' drive), which can also be visited without a car if you’re happy to walk around a mile down the road to local bus services.
As long as certain sensible rules are followed, dogs, barbecues and campfires are all allowed at Hackthorn Hall Campsite. If self-catered meals are in the offing, you'll probably want to make use of Lincoln's supermarkets and local produce shops or the city's farmers' market, held every third Saturday.
Open from 04/30/2021 to 08/31/2021
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Surrounding area is very nice.....once you leave the site.
Lovely location and great back to basic small campsite. Some …
Basic Campsite, Terrible Hosts, Lovely City.
A bit disappointing 😏
Would recommend for singles, couples and families.
Beautiful and tranquil
Capacity reduced to increase social distancing
Check-in: contactless (in person)
Check-in: one group at a time
Check-in: self check-in (unattended)
Disinfectant sprays and wipes provided
Hand sanitising stations
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Public transport nearby
Small (11-25 pitches)
Horse riding nearby
- Coach stations
City Bus Station
— 6.8 miles
6.8 miles Holmes Way — 9.5 miles
9.5 miles Station Road — 9.9 miles
- Train stations
Lincoln Central Rail Station
— 6.9 miles
6.9 miles Saxilby Rail Station — 7.0 miles
7.0 miles Market Rasen Rail Station — 8.7 miles
- Ferry ports
Hull Ferry Terminal
— 30.7 miles
— 19.2 miles
19.2 miles Robin Hood Doncaster Sheffield Airport — 22.8 miles
22.8 miles Robin Hood Doncaster Sheffield Airport — 22.9 miles
Once you have turned off the A15 to Hackthorn, take the second turning on the left.
Local attractions and activities include:
- Lincolnshire Showground (regular events): five minutes' drive
- Welton Manor Golf Centre: five minutes
- Lincoln Cathedral: 15 minutes
- Lincoln Bowl (10-pin bowling): 15 minutes
- Doddington Hall and Gardens: 20 minutes
- Lincolnshire Wolds Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty: 20 minutes
- Newark Castle and Gardens: 30 minutes
- Mablethorpe beach: an hour
- Hull: an hour
- Lincoln Castle (6.3 miles)
- Lincoln Cathedral (6.3 miles)
- Lincoln Medieval Bishops' Palace (6.4 miles)
- Tattershall Castle (20.7 miles)
- Clumber Park (22.7 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||8 a.m. –||Anytime|
Hackthorn Hall Campsite cancellation policy
No refunds within 1 week of arrival date.
The site is not liable for any refund in the event of force majeure.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19. Hackthorn Hall Campsite will debit the balance from your card 1 week before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 1 week then the balance will be taken immediately.Deposit transferable during COVID-19. During COVID-19 you can transfer your deposit to a future stay booked within 3 months of your arrival date. Read more.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking.
Payment methods accepted on the parkCash
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does Hackthorn Hall Campsite have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Hackthorn Hall Campsite dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Hackthorn Hall Campsite? Local attractions and activities include: - Lincolnshire Showground (regular events): five minutes' drive - Welton Manor Golf Centre: five minutes - Lincoln Cathedral: 15 minutes - Lincoln Bowl (10-pin bowling): 15 minutes … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Hackthorn Hall Campsite?
Camping and touring Arrive: 8 a.m. – Anytime Depart by: Anytime