This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful campsite with spectacular views over Hackthorn Park
- Lincoln city centre 15 minutes by car; Newark-on-Trent 30 minutes
- Simple site in the grounds of a Grade-I listed 18th-century manor
Sign up for pastoral scenes and easy access to the gorgeous city of Lincoln at Hackthorn Hall Campsite, a peaceful site on the edge of the village of Hackthorn. Sitting next to 40 acres of landscaped parkland and formal gardens – much of which is open to the public on regular visitors’ days – this site is an excellent mix of dreamy country views and simple grass pitches.
This site is light on facilities, but guests do have access to well-kept toilets. This low-key approach ensures that nothing overshadows the splendid parkland and lake or obstructs the views over Hackthorn Hall that make this place so well-suited to peaceful breaks.
This park has been in the hands of the same family for over four hundred years, so there's plenty of history about. More heritage is available down the road in Lincoln (15 minutes' drive), which can also be visited without a car if you’re happy to walk around a mile down the road to local bus services.
As long as certain sensible rules are followed, dogs, barbecues and campfires are all allowed at Hackthorn Hall Campsite. If self-catered meals are in the offing, you'll probably want to make use of Lincoln's supermarkets and local produce shops or the city's farmers' market, held every third Saturday.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
If you're after a quiet, no frills, site then look no further.
Surrounding area is very nice.....once you leave the site.
Lovely location and great back to basic small campsite. Some …
Basic Campsite, Terrible Hosts, Lovely City.
From the manager...
We are saddened to hear this review.
A bit disappointing 😏
Would recommend for singles, couples and families.
Capacity reduced to increase social distancing
Check-in: contactless (in person)
Check-in: one group at a time
Check-in: self check-in (unattended)
Disinfectant sprays and wipes provided
Hand sanitizing stations
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Public transportation nearby
Small (11-25 sites)
Horseback riding nearby
- Coach stations
City Bus Station
— 11.0 kilometers
11.0 kilometers Holmes Way — 15.3 kilometers
15.3 kilometers Station Road — 16.0 kilometers
- Train stations
Lincoln Central Rail Station
— 11.1 kilometers
11.1 kilometers Saxilby Rail Station — 11.3 kilometers
11.3 kilometers Market Rasen Rail Station — 14.1 kilometers
- Ferry ports
Hull Ferry Terminal
— 49.4 kilometers
— 31.0 kilometers
31.0 kilometers Robin Hood Doncaster Sheffield Airport — 36.7 kilometers
36.7 kilometers Robin Hood Doncaster Sheffield Airport — 36.8 kilometers
Once you have turned off the A15 to Hackthorn, take the second turning on the left.
Local attractions and activities include:
- Lincolnshire Showground (regular events): five minutes' drive
- Welton Manor Golf Centre: five minutes
- Lincoln Cathedral: 15 minutes
- Lincoln Bowl (10-pin bowling): 15 minutes
- Doddington Hall and Gardens: 20 minutes
- Lincolnshire Wolds Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty: 20 minutes
- Newark Castle and Gardens: 30 minutes
- Mablethorpe beach: an hour
- Hull: an hour
- Lincoln Castle (10.1 kilometers)
- Lincoln Cathedral (10.2 kilometers)
- Lincoln Medieval Bishops' Palace (10.3 kilometers)
- Tattershall Castle (33.3 kilometers)
- Clumber Park (36.6 kilometers)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Hackthorn Hall Campsite have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Hackthorn Hall Campsite dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Hackthorn Hall Campsite? Local attractions and activities include: - Lincolnshire Showground (regular events): five minutes' drive - Welton Manor Golf Centre: five minutes - Lincoln Cathedral: 15 minutes - Lincoln Bowl (10-pin bowling): 15 minutes … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Hackthorn Hall Campsite?
RV, trailer and tent sites Arrive: 8 a.m. – Anytime Depart by: Anytime