This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Remote site set on the edge of Northumberland National Park
- A short drive to Kielder Water and Forest watersports activities
- Café bar hosting events including music, wine tasting and quiz nights
Remote, wild, spacious and scenic are all terms rightly fitting The Boe Rigg, in Northumberland National Park a few miles from the market town of Bellingham.
Walking and cycling routes are all around here, along with a huge range of outdoor activities within a short drive including the high ropes, watersports and zipwires of Kielder Water and Forest. Also within driving distance are several famed north of England attractions such as Hadrian's Wall and Alnwick Castle, both under 40 miles, and the Northumberland Coast Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, under 50.
The site's excellent facilities include a café bar open daily to sell produce and handicrafts from local growers and craftspeople; it also hosts a programme of events throughout the year such as workshops, live music, quiz nights and wine tasting.
Among The Boe Rigg's amenities are accessible washrooms with toilets and hot showers, a launderette with washers and dryers and a washing-up area. Free wifi is available in the main building.
Campfires and barbecues are both allowed but must be off the ground.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Friendly owner on arrival explaining the ins and outs of …
Too open to elements tent blew down had to return home
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Medium (26-50 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Mountain biking nearby
- Coach stations
— 11.2 kilometers
11.2 kilometers Percy Arms — 11.2 kilometers
11.2 kilometers Redewater View — 13.2 kilometers
- Train stations
Bardon Mill Rail Station
— 20.7 kilometers
20.7 kilometers Haydon Bridge Rail Station — 20.7 kilometers
20.7 kilometers Haltwhistle Rail Station — 23.7 kilometers
- Ferry ports
Tower Knowe Ferry Landing
— 11.2 kilometers
11.2 kilometers Belvedere Ferry Landing — 12.9 kilometers
12.9 kilometers Leaplish Ferry Landing — 15.1 kilometers
Newcastle International Airport
— 40.1 kilometers
Kielder Water and Forest within 16 miles are full of watersports activities such as canoeing, sailing, and waterskiing, along with water walker and sea scooter hire. A high ropes course, climbing, zipwiring, fencing, archery and crossbow are among the many forest activities available on and above land.
Three of the attractions of the Hadrian's Wall UNESCO World Heritage site are within a short drive: Housesteads Roman fort, the most complete in Britain; Vindolanda, and Chesters Roman Fort, six miles from Hexham.
Also famed in the region is Alnwick Castle and Garden 37 miles away, made up of huge formal gardens including the world's largest treehouse, and in a setting that will be instantly recognised by Harry Potter fans (broomstick training is available during the summer months: how magic).
The Northumberland Coast Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty is about 45 miles from here, to reach Bamburgh Castle and Holy Island via moorland, countryside and ancient forest.
The site is 45 miles from Carlisle.
- Housesteads Roman Fort (16.3 kilometers)
- Chesters Roman Fort (17.8 kilometers)
- Vindolanda (Chesterholm) Hadrian's Wall (19.0 kilometers)
- Hadrian's Wall and Housesteads Fort (16.4 kilometers)
- Allen Banks and Staward Gorge (21.5 kilometers)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does The Boe Rigg have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is The Boe Rigg dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near The Boe Rigg? Kielder Water and Forest within 16 miles are full of watersports activities such as canoeing, sailing, and waterskiing, along with water walker and sea scooter hire. A high ropes course, climbing, zipwiring, … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of The Boe Rigg?
RV, trailer and tent sites Arrive: 3 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 11 a.m.