This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Norfolk Broads site in 80 acres of country park
- Watersports centre less than five minutes’ walk away
- Shop, bike storage and café next door
Say Pah to the passport, avoid the airport and don’t go a-broad for a holiday overflowing with activities and attractions – go to the Norfolk Broads instead.
You’ll find a wide range of all-weather things to do around Whitlingham Broad Campsite once you’re there: the Broads are in its back garden with a watersports centre less than five minutes’ saunter from your pitch; the city of Norwich is an easy 15 minutes by bike or bus, and the site is in 80 acres of country park with masses of room for kids to run around and with a network of walks stretching directly from it.
All the site is grass, but the country park landscape also takes in rivers, water meadows blooming with wildflowers, and wildlife-laden woodland with trees young and old. Sturdy (not disposable) barbecues are allowed on all pitches, or some firepits are available to hire from the Whitlingham team.
Just steps away from the accommodation fields are the three large lakes of the Great, Little and Conservation Broads: take a canoe out here or fish, picnic and wildlife watch from the banks. The Outdoor Education Centre a few minutes’ walk away has kayak and dragonboat hire and sailing and surfing courses as well as landlubber activities like archery and rock climbing.
Family washrooms are available at Whitlingham Broad for guests and other amenities include an onsite shop and cycle storage. A café is right next door, but local companies will deliver to your pitch if you fancy a takeaway for dinner: ask the team for their broad list of recommendations…
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Peaceful and clean with nice facilities
Great site, friendly staff. Highly recommended.
Friendly staff and clean facilities.
great campsite, faccilitys where good nice and clean. staff where …
Plenty of space. Two fields to choose from. Great big …
An excellent stay. I will visit again.
Amazing facilities and great staff, location was perfect for exploring.
From the manager...
Thank you for your wonderful review - we are glad you had a great time on site and hope to welcome you back again
We're Good To Go (VisitBritain accreditation)
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Tents for hire
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Jumbo tent sites
Lake and/or mountain
Leave the car at home
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transportation nearby
Medium (26-50 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
- Coach stations
— 2.3 kilometers
2.3 kilometers Lime Tree Road — 3.4 kilometers
3.4 kilometers Lime Tree Road — 3.5 kilometers
- Train stations
Norwich Rail Station
— 1.6 kilometers
1.6 kilometers Brundall Gardens Rail Station — 6.3 kilometers
6.3 kilometers Salhouse Rail Station — 7.7 kilometers
- Ferry ports
Reedham Ferry North
— 16.7 kilometers
16.7 kilometers Reedham Ferry South — 16.7 kilometers
16.7 kilometers Southwold Ferry Landing — 40.9 kilometers
Norwich International Airport
— 6.5 kilometers
Just use National Cycle Route 1 – this will drop you right into the country park.
Wander down the Wherryman's Way which snakes right through the country park.
Sticking to the Broads – just at first – you’ll have the pick of waterside walks, watersports, cycling and wildlife spotting on the Whitlingham Broad doorstep.
The café next to the campsite has a visitor centre with interactive info on the Broads to help you narrow things down a bit, and you can also catch the river boat here into Norwich city centre. For something a little more unusual, a ski club is a smooth 10 minutes away.
Walks with a view are all around the site and within easy dandering distance: kids might like to monkey around on the child-friendly low ropes course through the nearby woods, in a spot where there’s also a play pirate ship to batten down the hatches at and an old lime kiln to have a peek at (be careful not to disturb the bats that roost there).
The Wherryman’s Way path along the Yare in the Yare Valley is also a Wherry good walk (and ends at a Wherry good pub); the 12 circular walks along its route are handy for those who don’t fancy following it all the 35 miles to Great Yarmouth.
- Norwich Castle Museum and Art Gallery (2.2 kilometers)
- Norwich Cathedral (2.2 kilometers)
- Colman's Mustard Shop and Museum (2.4 kilometers)
- Blickling Hall, Gardens and Park (22.2 kilometers)
- Horsey Windpump (25.5 kilometers)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Can bookings for Whitlingham Broad Campsite be amended free of charge? Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, customers can amend their dates with the campsite/holiday park free of charge for all stays up to, and including, 12/31/2021. Read more
- Does Whitlingham Broad Campsite have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Whitlingham Broad Campsite dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Whitlingham Broad Campsite? Sticking to the Broads – just at first – you’ll have the pick of waterside walks, watersports, cycling and wildlife spotting on the Whitlingham Broad doorstep. The café next to the campsite … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Whitlingham Broad Campsite?
RV, trailer and tent sites Arrive: 2 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m. On-park accommodation Arrive: 2 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.
Reception is closed between 11am - 2pm. Please do not arrive before check-in at 2pm. There are parking restrictions on site - your parking charges are not covered by the site until you have checked in.Read more