This campground/park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
- Friendly family park less than a mile from Shanklin
- Indoor and outdoor pools, playground, bar and restaurant
- Live entertainment all year at sister park next door
If you’re looking for a smallish holiday park in a quieter and relaxed location, but with easy access to a good range of facilities, have a butcher’s at Landguard Holiday Park on the Isle of Wight.
This friendly site, set in pretty woodland, has its own outdoor and indoor pools (plus curly whirly slide), a good playground and activity clubs for children up to the age of 11, amusements, a bar, restaurant and takeaway.
Venture off site to the nearby seaside resort of Shanklin (less than one mile away) for sandy beaches, arcades, and entertainment aplenty.
In peak season, there are family shows in the evenings in the Jesters Club: at quieter times, guests have access to Landguard’s sister site next door, Lower Hyde Holiday Park, which has live entertainment all year.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Will be back next year best campsite we've stayed at so far
Excellent site, perfect for camping trips worth families.
Large space for tent. Landscaped camping area. Good shower facilities. …
Food, swimming facilities, entertainment
Good stay but a shame about the pitches and pool.
Activities/entertainment run in smaller groups
Check-in: self check-in (unattended)
Deep cleaning of accommodation units between guests
Digital food/drink menus
Distance markers in shared facilities
Extra spacing in seated areas
Hand sanitizing stations
More frequent emptying of bins
One-way flow for entering/leaving buildings
Removal of soft furnishings (e.g. decorative cushions)
Shared spaces: daily deep cleaning
Shared spaces: more frequent cleaning
Swimming pool entry quota
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Large (51-200 sites)
- Coach stations
— 17.3 kilometres
17.3 kilometres The Hard Interchange — 18.4 kilometres
18.4 kilometres City Centre South — 18.9 kilometres
- Train stations
Shanklin Rail Station
— 0.6 kilometres
0.6 kilometres Lake (Isle of Wight) Rail Station — 1.3 kilometres
1.3 kilometres Sandown Rail Station — 2.4 kilometres
- Ferry ports
— 10.5 kilometres
10.5 kilometres Fishbourne IOW Ferry Terminal — 10.6 kilometres
10.6 kilometres Ryde Pier Head Ferry Terminal — 11.2 kilometres
— 36.8 kilometres
Landguard Holiday Park is only a mile from the centre of Shanklin, where guests will find excellent shopping, a pretty seafront and sheltered sands – there’s even a lift to transport holidaymakers to the clifftops to take in the spectacular views across the bay.
Visitors may feel the need to make repeat trips to Shanklin’s Old Village, to sample a decent number of the cute tea rooms and classic pubs set among the very comely thatched cottages…
Also well worth a trip are Alum Bay, famed for its rainbow sands, the stone Needles, chair lift and other family attractions; and the Victorian seaside town of Ventnor, a favourite holiday spot of Charles Dickens, with its 22 acres of beaut botanic gardens.
- Dinosaur Isle (3.4 kilometres)
- Isle of Wight Steam Railway (7.7 kilometres)
- Ventnor Botanic Gardens (9.3 kilometres)
- Bembridge Windmill (7.9 kilometres)
- Brighstone Shop and Museum (15.2 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and caravan|
|Arrive:||noon –||10 p.m.|
|Depart by:||10 a.m.|
Landguard Holiday Park cancellation policy
No refunds within 4 weeks of arrival date.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19. Landguard Holiday Park will debit the balance from your card 4 weeks before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 4 weeks then the balance will be taken immediately.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking, or at any point before the due date.
Payment methods accepted on the parkVisa
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does Landguard Holiday Park have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Landguard Holiday Park dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Landguard Holiday Park? Landguard Holiday Park is only a mile from the centre of Shanklin, where guests will find excellent shopping, a pretty seafront and sheltered sands – there’s even a lift to transport holidaymakers … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Landguard Holiday Park?
Camping and caravan Arrive: noon – 10 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.