This campground/park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
- Peaceful rural site for exclusive use of your group/family
- A 10-minute drive to Market Drayton; 30 minutes to a monkey forest
- Meet the animals; farm shop selling fresh produce; wooded walk nearby
Set up on a remote spot with birdsong and farm animals as your morning soundtrack… Park Hill Farm is a scenic and simple pop-up site on a dog-friendly working farm in North Shropshire, overlooking the Cheshire Plains, Wrekin and the Welsh hills, alongside woodlands that are a Site of Special Scientific Interest.
Things are firmly no frills here, as the site is set up for wild camping - meaning back to basics facilities and no electric, wifi or showers. Instead, children may let off steam in the fresh air in a wildlife haven and get involved in meeting the animals most weekdays with the farmer (new friends may include pigs, cattle and chickens).
Sourcing supplies for a gas barbecue is simple here, as the site sells ‘happy eggs’ from their free-range hens for breakfast and for dinner or lunch, along with its own beef and pork burgers, bacon and sausages and shop-bought bread, milk, cereal and ice creams.
If you’re in need of any extras, the local village, Market Drayton, has some handy shops 10 minutes’ drive away. The village of Loggerheads also has a pub, food shop, takeaway restaurant and Indian restaurant, and these may be reached with a particularly splendid walk through the woodlands from the site (15 minutes’ walk).
Those of you who are walking fans may also be happy to find that there are paths you can take from the site through woodlands and farmlands or bike rides down the lanes. There are maps of the local area you can borrow from the farm shop.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Very nice site for a quiet short break. Owners very friendly.
From the manager...
Hi Alistair, it was fantastic to welcome you both to Park Hill Farm, and thank you so much for posting photos and a review.
We were so happy you enjoyed your stay, and we will be taking on board your comments. They are absolutely spot on, and very much appreciated.
Thank you again for visiting us and we look forward to welcoming you again in the future.
Best wishes Pat and John Pimlott
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Leave the car at home
Electric car charging point(s)
No hot water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Public transportation nearby
Tiny (1-10 sites)
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
- Coach stations
— 16.2 kilometres
16.2 kilometres Bus Station — 19.5 kilometres
19.5 kilometres Bus Station — 19.5 kilometres
- Train stations
Norton Bridge Rail Station
— 14.8 kilometres
14.8 kilometres Barlaston Rail Station — 15.9 kilometres
15.9 kilometres Wedgwood Rail Station — 16.0 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Woodside Birkenhead Ferry Terminal
— 67.7 kilometres
Manchester Airport Terminal 3
— 50.9 kilometres
Look out for the wheelie bins at the end of the site’s drive. Local train stations include Stoke-on-Trent, Stafford, Crewe and Shrewsbury. The local bus company is Arriva, and the service is number 164, passing through Hanley, Market Drayton and Shrewsbury.
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Market Drayton (Olympic-sized swimming pool and the Shropshire Union Canal has a good towpath): 10 minutes’ drive
- The Dorothy Clive Garden (charity garden and tearoom): 15 minutes
- Bridgemere Garden Centre (gardens, shopping space and two cafés): 15 minutes
- Hodnet Hall Gardens (gardens): 20 minutes
- Trentham Estate (Italian and sensory gardens, fountains and lakes, cafés, walks and shopping experiences): half an hour
- Trentham Monkey Forest (man-made paths, café and monkeys in the trees): half an hour
- World of Wedgwood (history of pottery and crafts workshops): half an hour
- Stoke on Trent: half an hour
- Moorcroft Pottery (factory tour and museum): 35 minutes
- Royal Doulton Visitors Centre (tours of the pottery factory): 40 minutes
- Attingham Park (National Trust 18th-century estate, gardens and regency mansion): 45 minutes
- Shugborough Estate (National Trust Georgian house and walled garden): 50 minutes
- Chester (historic walled cathedral city): an hour and five minutes.
- The Trentham Estate (14.4 kilometres)
- Trentham Monkey Forest (14.7 kilometres)
- Wedgwood Visitor Centre (16.3 kilometres)
- Sunnycroft (25.2 kilometres)
- Shugborough Estate (28.8 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and caravan|
|Arrive:||3 p.m. –||8:30 p.m.|
|Depart by:||11 a.m.|
Park Hill Farm cancellation policy
No refunds within 1 week of arrival date.
Bookings cannot be cancelled within 7 days of arrival date unless the Government change their Covid rules.
Modifications are subject to a GBP10.00 ($17.60) fee.
Bookings cannot be amended within 7 day(s) of arrival.
The campground/park is not liable for any refund in the event of force majeure.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
A 15% non-refundable deposit is payable now. Park Hill Farm will debit the balance from your card 1 week before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 1 week then the balance will be taken immediately.
Refunds within the indicated cancellation period are only possible if the campground/park is able to relet your unit/site.
Payment methods accepted on the parkVisa
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does Park Hill Farm have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Park Hill Farm dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Park Hill Farm? Attractions and activities nearby include: - Market Drayton (Olympic-sized swimming pool and the Shropshire Union Canal has a good towpath): 10 minutes’ drive - The Dorothy Clive Garden (charity garden and tearoom): … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Park Hill Farm?
Camping and caravan Arrive: 3 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.