Cabins in Devon
47 bookable campgrounds with lodges, cabins, pods or huts in Devon
- Browse all Devon campgrounds.
- Search instead for:
[[ campsite.hierarchy ]]
This campground/park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
- Peaceful Lynmouth site with views over the Bristol Channel
- In Exmoor National Park, 30 minutes' drive to Ilfracombe and Minehead
- Food shop and wifi on site; five minutes' drive to Lynmouth harbour
Camping pod (pet friendly) 2 x From £60/€70.04/A$108.59/US$73.80/CA$99.60/CHF69.07/SEK762.07/DKK520.63/NOK720.62/ISK10,414/ARS12,406.02/CLP65,202/PEN282.09/$115.06/ZAR1,294.10/PLN327.45/R$385.20/CZK1,706.02/RSD8,215/HUF28,703.77/RUB4,612.50/CN¥518.42 per night Camping pod 2 x From £65/€75.87/A$117.64/US$79.95/CA$107.90/CHF74.83/SEK825.58/DKK564.02/NOK780.67/ISK11,282/ARS13,439.86/CLP70,636/PEN305.60/$124.65/ZAR1,401.95/PLN354.74/R$417.30/CZK1,848.19/RSD8,900/HUF31,095.75/RUB4,996.87/CN¥561.62 per night
- Family-run site on the outskirts of Dartmoor National Park
- Just over 10 minutes’ drive to Newton Abbot and 30 to Torquay beaches
- Bovey Tracey within 15 minutes and Paignton half an hour away
Camping pod 4 x From £60/€70.04/A$108.59/US$73.80/CA$99.60/CHF69.07/SEK762.07/DKK520.63/NOK720.62/ISK10,414/ARS12,406.02/CLP65,202/PEN282.09/$115.06/ZAR1,294.10/PLN327.45/R$385.20/CZK1,706.02/RSD8,215/HUF28,703.77/RUB4,612.50/CN¥518.42 per night
- Eco site in the South Devon Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
- Spotless amenities including wetroom showers, disabled access bathroom
- Adults-only site with wifi and shop selling local produce
Garden View 1 bedroom cabin 2 x From £58.50/€68.28/A$105.88/US$71.96/CA$97.11/CHF67.35/SEK743.02/DKK507.61/NOK702.60/ISK10,154/ARS12,095.87/CLP63,572/PEN275.04/$112.18/ZAR1,261.75/PLN319.27/R$375.57/CZK1,663.37/RSD8,010/HUF27,986.18/RUB4,497.19/CN¥505.46 per night Estuary View shepherd's hut 2 x From £70/€81.71/A$126.69/US$86.10/CA$116.20/CHF80.58/SEK889.09/DKK607.40/NOK840.72/ISK12,150/ARS14,473.69/CLP76,069/PEN329.10/$134.24/ZAR1,509.79/PLN382.03/R$449.40/CZK1,990.36/RSD9,584/HUF33,487.74/RUB5,381.25/CN¥604.83 per night
- Laidback family site, among hill and coast views
- A five-minute drive to Westward Ho! beach; 15 minutes to Barnstaple
- 35-acre site within walking distance of pub and Big Sheep theme park
Adventure Barn bunkhouse (family, private bathroom amenities) 8 x From £75/€87.54/A$135.74/US$92.25/CA$124.50/CHF86.34/SEK952.59/DKK650.79/NOK900.78/ISK13,018/ARS15,507.53/CLP81,503/PEN352.61/$143.83/ZAR1,617.63/PLN409.32/R$481.50/CZK2,132.52/RSD10,269/HUF35,879.72/RUB5,765.62/CN¥648.03 per night Lakeside 2 bedroom cabin 8 x From £82.50/€96.30/A$149.32/US$101.48/CA$136.95/CHF94.97/SEK1,047.85/DKK715.87/NOK990.85/ISK14,320/ARS17,058.28/CLP89,653/PEN387.87/$158.21/ZAR1,779.39/PLN450.25/R$529.65/CZK2,345.78/RSD11,296/HUF39,467.69/RUB6,342.19/CN¥712.83 per night
1/Brixham, Devon, England Show on map
- Quiet and spacious tree-lined site above Brixham in Devon
- Three minutes' drive to Brixham; Berry Head coastal walks from site
- Splashdown Quaywest 15 minutes; Paignton Zoo 20 minutes; Dartmouth 40
Camping pod 4 x From £55/€64.20/A$99.54/US$67.65/CA$91.30/CHF63.32/SEK698.57/DKK477.24/NOK660.57/ISK9,546/ARS11,372.19/CLP59,769/PEN258.58/$105.47/ZAR1,186.26/PLN300.17/R$353.10/CZK1,563.85/RSD7,531/HUF26,311.79/RUB4,228.12/CN¥475.22 per night
- Glamping stays in Dartmoor National Park
- Just outside a moorland village and with woodland views
- Dogs welcome
Huck 1 bedroom cabin 8 x From £60/€70.04/A$108.59/US$73.80/CA$99.60/CHF69.07/SEK762.07/DKK520.63/NOK720.62/ISK10,414/ARS12,406.02/CLP65,202/PEN282.09/$115.06/ZAR1,294.10/PLN327.45/R$385.20/CZK1,706.02/RSD8,215/HUF28,703.77/RUB4,612.50/CN¥518.42 per night Shepherd's hut (maximum 2 adults) 4 x Swaledale shepherd's hut 4 x Herdwick shepherd's hut 4 x From £70/€81.71/A$126.69/US$86.10/CA$116.20/CHF80.58/SEK889.09/DKK607.40/NOK840.72/ISK12,150/ARS14,473.69/CLP76,069/PEN329.10/$134.24/ZAR1,509.79/PLN382.03/R$449.40/CZK1,990.36/RSD9,584/HUF33,487.74/RUB5,381.25/CN¥604.83 per night Foxglove 2 bedroom cabin (maximum 4 adults) 9 x From £80/€93.38/A$144.79/US$98.40/CA$132.80/CHF92.10/SEK1,016.10/DKK694.17/NOK960.83/ISK13,886/ARS16,541.37/CLP86,936/PEN376.12/$153.41/ZAR1,725.47/PLN436.61/R$513.60/CZK2,274.69/RSD10,954/HUF38,271.70/RUB6,150/CN¥691.23 per night
- Grass pitches at a north Devon campsite facing the Atlantic coast
- Five minutes’ drive to Hartland Abbey, and 15 minutes to Clovelly
- Shop, information point and direct access to South West Coast Path
Pixie Hut camping pod 2 x From £55/€64.20/A$99.54/US$67.65/CA$91.30/CHF63.32/SEK698.57/DKK477.24/NOK660.57/ISK9,546/ARS11,372.19/CLP59,769/PEN258.58/$105.47/ZAR1,186.26/PLN300.17/R$353.10/CZK1,563.85/RSD7,531/HUF26,311.79/RUB4,228.12/CN¥475.22 per night
- Relaxed and dog-friendly park 10 minutes' drive from Widemouth Bay
- Dog exercise area and mile-long dog walk on site
- Peak season bar serving pub meals and drinks
Camping pod 4 x From £37/€43.19/A$66.97/US$45.51/CA$61.42/CHF42.59/SEK469.95/DKK321.05/NOK444.38/ISK6,422/ARS7,650.38/CLP40,208/PEN173.96/$70.95/ZAR798.03/PLN201.93/R$237.54/CZK1,052.05/RSD5,066/HUF17,700.66/RUB2,844.37/CN¥319.69 per night
- Chilled camping as it used to be but with quality free hot showers
- Free hot showers
- Relaxed and spacious site with firepits for hire
Shepherd's hut 3 x The Beech Hut cabin 4 x
- Relaxing park on the Devon/Cornwall border
- Heated indoor pool, spa and therapy cabin
- Regular hog roasts throughout the year
Camping pod (two person) 2 x Super camping pod (2 adults and 2 children) 4 x From £80/€93.38/A$144.79/US$98.40/CA$132.80/CHF92.10/SEK1,016.10/DKK694.17/NOK960.83/ISK13,886/ARS16,541.37/CLP86,936/PEN376.12/$153.41/ZAR1,725.47/PLN436.61/R$513.60/CZK2,274.69/RSD10,954/HUF38,271.70/RUB6,150/CN¥691.23 per night
- Family park a short stroll from the seaside town of Dawlish Warren
- Daily entertainment, adventure play and restaurant facilities
- Indoor and outdoor pool complexes, kids' club and dining area
Camping pod (2 adults and 2 children) 4 x From £41/€47.86/A$74.21/US$50.43/CA$68.06/CHF47.20/SEK520.75/DKK355.76/NOK492.42/ISK7,116/ARS8,477.45/CLP44,555/PEN192.76/$78.62/ZAR884.30/PLN223.76/R$263.22/CZK1,165.78/RSD5,614/HUF19,614.24/RUB3,151.87/CN¥354.26 per night
- Friendly peaceful park with camping pods
- Immaculate showers, toilets and laundry facilities
- Direct access to Dartmoor
Camping pod (large, pet friendly) 4 x From £77/€89.88/A$139.36/US$94.71/CA$127.82/CHF88.64/SEK977.99/DKK668.14/NOK924.80/ISK13,365/ARS15,921.06/CLP83,676/PEN362.01/$147.66/ZAR1,660.77/PLN420.23/R$494.34/CZK2,189.39/RSD10,543/HUF36,836.51/RUB5,919.37/CN¥665.31 per night
- Scenic family-friendly site on the spectacular Dartington Estate
- Five minutes’ drive from Totnes and a half-hour from Plymouth
- Wild swimming, zipwire, cinema, arts and crafts, and restaurant
Camping pod 2 x From £65/€75.87/A$117.64/US$79.95/CA$107.90/CHF74.83/SEK825.58/DKK564.02/NOK780.67/ISK11,282/ARS13,439.86/CLP70,636/PEN305.60/$124.65/ZAR1,401.95/PLN354.74/R$417.30/CZK1,848.19/RSD8,900/HUF31,095.75/RUB4,996.87/CN¥561.62 per night
- Calm site in the grounds of a north Devon outdoor activity centre
- A 15-minute stroll from Appledore; 10 minutes' drive from Westward Ho!
- Estuary views; watersport sessions available for guests
Camping pod (eight person) 8 x Camping pod (two person) 2 x
- Glamping pods on a peaceful organic farm a mile from Stokeinteignhead
- A mile from a sandy beach and the South West Coast Path
- Firepit, kitchenette and private bathroom for each pod
The Nest camping pod (private bathroom amenities) 5 x From £165/€192.60/A$298.63/US$202.95/CA$273.89/CHF189.95/SEK2,095.70/DKK1,431.73/NOK1,981.71/ISK28,639/ARS34,116.57/CLP179,306/PEN775.75/$316.42/ZAR3,558.79/PLN900.50/R$1,059.30/CZK4,691.55/RSD22,592/HUF78,935.38/RUB12,684.37/CN¥1,425.66 per 3 nights The Perch camping pod (private bathroom amenities) 5 x From £165/€192.60/A$298.63/US$202.95/CA$273.89/CHF189.95/SEK2,095.70/DKK1,431.73/NOK1,981.71/ISK28,639/ARS34,116.57/CLP179,306/PEN775.75/$316.42/ZAR3,558.79/PLN900.50/R$1,059.30/CZK4,691.55/RSD22,592/HUF78,935.38/RUB12,684.37/CN¥1,425.66 per 3 nights The Roost camping pod (private bathroom amenities) 5 x From £165/€192.60/A$298.63/US$202.95/CA$273.89/CHF189.95/SEK2,095.70/DKK1,431.73/NOK1,981.71/ISK28,639/ARS34,116.57/CLP179,306/PEN775.75/$316.42/ZAR3,558.79/PLN900.50/R$1,059.30/CZK4,691.55/RSD22,592/HUF78,935.38/RUB12,684.37/CN¥1,425.66 per 3 nights
1/Cullompton, Devon, England Show on mapLast booked
- Small family-run Devon site on the edge of the Blackdown Hills
- Exeter and south coast beaches within a half-hour drive
- Easy access from the M5 at Cullompton; walk to a pub and farm shop
Balmoral 2 bedroom cabin 4 x From £80/€93.38/A$144.79/US$98.40/CA$132.80/CHF92.10/SEK1,016.10/DKK694.17/NOK960.83/ISK13,886/ARS16,541.37/CLP86,936/PEN376.12/$153.41/ZAR1,725.47/PLN436.61/R$513.60/CZK2,274.69/RSD10,954/HUF38,271.70/RUB6,150/CN¥691.23 per night Shambala 3 bedroom cabin 6 x
- Small, friendly and dog-friendly family-run site near the Devon coast
- 15 minutes from Westward Ho! surfing beach
- Take a boat trip, spot seals and dive off Lundy Island
The Bus microlodge (maximum 3 adults) 4 x From £110/€128.40/A$199.09/US$135.30/CA$182.59/CHF126.63/SEK1,397.13/DKK954.49/NOK1,321.14/ISK19,093/ARS22,744.38/CLP119,538/PEN517.16/$210.94/ZAR2,372.52/PLN600.33/R$706.20/CZK3,127.70/RSD15,061/HUF52,623.58/RUB8,456.25/CN¥950.44 per night
- Welcoming site on an alpaca farm in south Devon
- Totnes five minutes’ drive; Dartmoor and South Hams beaches 20 minutes
- Alpaca treks and cream teas available; five minutes’ walk to the pub
Retro cabin 2 x From £69.50/€81.12/A$125.79/US$85.48/CA$115.37/CHF80.01/SEK882.74/DKK603.06/NOK834.72/ISK12,063/ARS14,370.31/CLP75,526/PEN326.75/$133.28/ZAR1,499/PLN379.30/R$446.19/CZK1,976.14/RSD9,516/HUF33,248.54/RUB5,342.81/CN¥600.51 per night Showman’s shepherd's hut 4 x From £90/€105.05/A$162.89/US$110.70/CA$149.40/CHF103.61/SEK1,143.11/DKK780.94/NOK1,080.93/ISK15,621/ARS18,609.04/CLP97,803/PEN423.13/$172.59/ZAR1,941.16/PLN491.18/R$577.80/CZK2,559.03/RSD12,323/HUF43,055.66/RUB6,918.75/CN¥777.63 per night
- Dog-friendly glamping in south Devon woodland, surrounded by a lake
- Each unit is in its own private glade with lake views and a firepit
- Breakfast, picnic and barbecue packs (including vegetarian) to buy
Aeveen camping pod 2 x Caoimhe camping pod 2 x Erin camping pod 2 x
- Family-run Devon smallholding with eco-friendly amenities
- Exmoor Zoo, Saunton Sands and Westward Ho! within 45 minutes' drive
- Beach area on the River Taw for swims, canoes and paddleboards
The Ark camping pod (lake view) 2 x From £70/€81.71/A$126.69/US$86.10/CA$116.20/CHF80.58/SEK889.09/DKK607.40/NOK840.72/ISK12,150/ARS14,473.69/CLP76,069/PEN329.10/$134.24/ZAR1,509.79/PLN382.03/R$449.40/CZK1,990.36/RSD9,584/HUF33,487.74/RUB5,381.25/CN¥604.83 per night Cabin 2 x The Pyrapod cabin (2 adults and 1 child) 3 x
The best lodges and log cabins in Devon for smooth south-western hols
Not taken by tents but still want a budget-friendly trip in the south west? Grab a cuppa and a scone in preparation, then spend some time sifting through this selection of the best lodges and log cabins in Devon. On a hol in the county that brought us the legendary cream tea, there are lashings of brill beaches, scenic cliffs, tiny towns and protected moorlands to visit (PS: they put the jam on second down here).
All our Devon lodges and log cabins are close to stunning scenery, and many come with a range of handy facilities, so there’ll be no need to scour the attic for that camping stove/transportable barbecue/missing tent pole (delete as appropriate).
All you need to do is browse the parks on this page and pick the one that suits you and your travel buds best.
Where to stay in a lodge or log cabin in Devon
If you reckon dawdling across Dartmoor National Park should be your main modus operandi on your next break, settle in somewhere around Newton Abbot to the south of this protected moorland area or Okehampton to the north – the former has sites within walking distance of the Templer Way heritage trail and sprawling countryside, as well as access to flat cycling routes through woodlands and past lakes.
Base yourself around Barnstaple for access to northern coast beach towns like Ilfracombe, which has a pretty harbour sandwiched between a couple of big cliffs. Or browse our Woolacombe lodges and spend days soaking up the rays (Devon has a warmer climate than much of the rest of the UK, so a sunshine-filled break isn’t unheard of here) on this stretch of seaside’s three-mile-long beach sloping down to the surfable waves of the Atlantic.
On the south coast – or the English Riviera, as it’s affectionately known – are log cabins in Torquay et al for bucket-and-spade sessions at beaches with giggle-inducing names (can any moniker top ‘Babbacombe’ and ‘Oddicombe’?). Totter off on trips to Torre Abbey, a 12th-century monastery with gardens home to plants namechecked in local writer Agatha Christie’s books, too.
Travellers who take themselves to Tavistock, the market town on the River Tavy, will be close enough to Cornwall to dilly-dally around the dreamy destinations of this south-western stunner as well.
The type of parks with lodges and log cabins in Devon
Parks with lodges or log cabins in Devon range from simple spots set in wild scenery to kitted-out camps with fab facilities (think spas, miniature golf courses and adventure playgrounds). Some include kids’ clubs for nippers who can’t sit still, while dog-friendly lodges and log cabins in Devon have your furriest family members covered.
Choose from spectacular river valley parks with camping pods in Devon for paddling in the water or resting by the banks while sipping an ale (or three) picked up from a local brewery.
Several sites in our selection centre around fishing lakes stocked with aquatic creatures like carp and trout, while others have bars and clubhouses with evening entertainment – think discos and bingo – to suit sociable sorts.
For those who want a fancier hol, some lodges and log cabins in Devon are packed with amenities, including state-of-the-art kitchenettes. Read through each listing to see what extras are provided before you book – it’ll make life much easier when it comes to packing.
Facilities to make the most of while in your lodge or log cabin in Devon
It’s often the thoughtful extras that make all the difference, so browse for Devon lodges and log cabins that lend out wellies and include bike cleaning areas for cyclists to keep their equipment pristine. Places that sell locally sourced produce for your kitchenette or barbecue are also winners – expect options like free-range eggs, home-reared meats and garden-grown veggies.
Seeking cheap log cabin breaks and don’t mind going back to basics? Our low-priced selection starts at £30 a night for two people, so it won’t blow the budget.
Eco-friendly wanderers? Keep an eye out for parks that keep the environment in mind with compost loos and lots of recycling areas; there’s even a smartly designed spot with a swimming pool warmed up by a biomass heating system.
Sightseeing in Devon: where to go and what to do
The English Riviera on the southern coast has plenty of pretty harbour towns with log cabins, like Dawlish Warren, Brixham and Paignton with their neat streets and sandy beaches.
For roamers, a walking path lines the whole 630-mile-long seaside in the south west, running across the craggy cliffs of the Exmoor Coast to the fossil-filled rock formations in the southern Jurassic Coast. Pick a patch or do the whole thing – it’ll take you between a month and seven weeks to complete it all.
Other top trekking options in this lush county include the Tarka Trail in the Barnstaple area, which winds its way through woodland-covered river valleys, mystical-looking moorlands and dramatic coastline for a varied amble.
Setting your sights on city strolls? Look for log cabins in Plymouth or Exeter – the latter has a particularly pretty cathedral worth visiting in its centre, as well as organised tours of underground passages underneath the high street.
Cross over to the next county over, Cornwall, if you’re up for extending your trip. Here are some luxurious lodging options there.
- Narrow your lodge, cabin, pod or hut search to:
- Stockleigh English68
- St Giles on the Heath66
- Challaborough Beach65
- Cheriton Bishop65
- Cheriton Fitzpaine64
- South Tawton63
- Sampford Courtenay62
- South Devon62
- Newton St Cyres61
- North Tawton61
- Rose Ash61
- East Anstey59
- Little Torrington57
- Bere Ferrers56
- North Molton56
- South Molton55
- Widecombe in the Moor54
- Bovey Tracey53
- Lee Moor53
- North Devon53
- St Giles in the Wood53
- Great Torrington51
- West Buckland50
- Ottery St Mary48
- Woodbury Salterton48
- Jurassic Coast44
- South Brent44
- Budleigh Salterton43
- Dawlish Warren43
- Westward Ho!43
- Bratton Fleming42
- Combe Martin41
- Newton Abbot41
- East Allington33
- Stoke Fleming29