This campground/park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Quiet Cantabrian site five kilometres from Santander
- Zoo, nature reserve, natural park and beaches all within easy reach
- Only 400 metres from a sandy beach
Seaside swims, zoo visits, birdwatching around the Liencres Dunes Nature Reserve and water-based activities such as windsurfing, sailing and fishing are all a cinch from Costa San Juan.
There's heaps to do around the park's local area, an easy 400 metres from the splendid seaside spot of San Juan de la Canal Beach and within five kilometres of Santander's numerous attractions, which include a marine museum, a century-old casino, UNESCO-listed caves and a seawater spa.
The site is a short drive from the Spanish World Surfing Reserve of Somo in Santander Bay, where a beach stretching more than two kilometres between the El Puntal dunes to the beach of Loredo attracts surfers from all over the globe. A stay at this resort will also see you conveniently placed for easy explores of the smashing Cabárceno Natural Park, where several endangered species such as African elephants and white rhinos have made a home among 750 hectares of a former mine.
Costa San Juan's leisure facilities include a playground, a bar, a restaurant and a takeaway.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Public transport nearby
Medium (26-50 sites)
Horse riding nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Surf school nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Drainage hook-up points for caravans
Motorhome service point
Costa San Juan is in a prime location for visits to many of Cantabria's top tourist spots such as the Cabárceno Natural Park, the historic town of Santillana del Mar, the Cave of El Soplao and the huge and fably futuristic Centro Botín art gallery.
A birdwatchers' and wildlife spotters' paradise, the Liencres Dunes Nature Reserve is also a short drive away: on the left bank of the Pas river estuary in a peninsula area bordered by the Mogro estuary and several adjacent beaches, this reserve is filled to the gills with feathered friends ranging from ringed and grey plover to whimbrel, dunlin and other migratory birds.
The splendid seaside town of Somo, within 20 kilometres of Costa San Juan, is an absolute must see if you're visiting this part of Spain; its two-kilometre stretch of golden sands and spectacular surf conditions have won it its crown as one of the world's top surfing spots, and you can reach it very easily via ferry direct from Santander.
An utterly spectacular city packed with sights and attractions galore, Santander is well worth spending a few days with; visit the UNESCO-listed Altamira Cave, the Museum of Prehistory and Archaeology of Cantabria, and the Museo Maritime Museum of Cantabria, where a 700,000-litre aquarium displays the skeleton of a 24-metre shark as well as a huge variety of Cantabrian marine life, galleons and transatlantic liners.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Costa San Juan have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Costa San Juan dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Costa San Juan? Costa San Juan is in a prime location for visits to many of Cantabria's top tourist spots such as the Cabárceno Natural Park, the historic town of Santillana del Mar, the Cave … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Costa San Juan?
Camping and caravan Arrive: 9 a.m. – 10 p.m. Depart by: noon