This campground/park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Farm site with organic food and spectacular scenery
- Communal campfire area and well-maintained facilities
- Meals available using fresh organic produce from the farm
What a beaut. The setting and scenery of Camping Slovakia are just simple and splendid serenity... in a remote southern Slovakian setting, with vast swaths of spectacular countryside and heaps of scenic site all around: peruse pics now, please.
Arrive at this Horné Plachtince and Banská Bystrica locale to be greeted with a drink by the friendly owners, who'll go above and beyond to help you settle in and answer any questions. You might, for instance, query about the wildlife watching and mountain biking, hiking and cycling tours all in the vicinity – or about the nearby spa, best local wines or the rocky whereabouts of the famed Stone Lady...
And how might you fancy having your dinner sizzled up for you, freshly prepped with organic veggies grown right on site? This is another most excellent option on offer by the Camping Slovakia team, which regularly dishes up fresh dinners using ingredients from the site allotment. You could also use the communal campfire to bubble up a stew or fry some sausages, or set up your own barbecue back at your own Slovakian countryside bit of base.
Camping Slovakia is flocked to by grownups who come for its peace and quiet as well as its space and friendly vibe, but families with well-behaved kids who won't get bored in such a quiet environment are very welcome too. Pets are also welcome: please just remember that as there are pets and farm animals on site, your own pets – like your offspring – need to be under control at all times.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Tents for hire
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Small (11-25 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Several signposted hiking and mountain biking trails run through the site and more unmarked trails are within easy walking distance.
The owners rightly reckon that one of the most scenic local hiking trails is the one to Whistling Stone and the Stone Lady, with spectacular views of south Slovakia and the Hungarian hills on the border. A hiking/ biking trail a short drive from the site runs to the ruins of the legendary Čabraď Castle, surrounded by the Čabraď nature reserve.
Around 35 minutes' drive away, the handsome town of Modrý Kameň has the ruins of Modrý Kameň castle standing on a rocky outcrop over Slovakia's smallest town (and a museum of puppets and toys within the accompanying 18th-century manor house. Also nearby for day trips, try the monastery in Bzovík (30 minutes' drive), or the town of Banská Štiavnica around an hour away.
Those seeking a seriously serene Slovakian time should spend much time in the spa at Dudince, or investigate the local wines nearby in Veľký Krtíš, both within 45 minutes' drive.
- Does Camping Slovakia have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Camping Slovakia dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Slovakia? Several signposted hiking and mountain biking trails run through the site and more unmarked trails are within easy walking distance. The owners rightly reckon that one of the most scenic local hiking … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Camping Slovakia?
Camping and caravan Arrive: Anytime – Anytime Depart by: Anytime On-site accommodation Arrive: 2 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 11 a.m.