This campground/park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Spacious and family-friendly site by the Wadden Sea
- By the birdwatching haven of Lauwersmeer National Park
- Restaurant, playground and shop with fresh produce and fresh bread
Right by the sea and in a wildlife and birdwatching haven… you could probably see yourself settling down here for quite some time.
Family-friendly Beleef Lauwersoog is right by the Wadden Sea, with woods, swaying reeds, sandbanks and historic villages aplenty, making it a top place for chilling out as well as for watersports and long walks.
It's also next to Lauwersmeer National Park, a tiptop place for birdwatching: year-round residents of the park include spoonbills, harriers and reedlings, while hundreds of thousands of geese, swans and other species migrate here in winter. The Beleef Lauwersoog team can arrange safari trips through the national park, as well as rides in rescue boats, seal spotting excursions and sandbank trips.
Beleef Lauwersoog is a spacious site, with modern facilities including tennis courts, a play area and the restaurant Het Booze Wijf, with an à la carte selection among a nautical theme overlooking the wide expanse of the lake. There's also a kids' club on site with regular activities.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
D. of E. welcome
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Public transport nearby
Very large (over 200 sites)
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Surf school nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Drainage hook-up points for caravans
Motorhome service point
Water hook-up points for caravans
Sailing trips on the Wadden Sea and watersports such as surfing, kitesurfing and boating are all available close by the site, including on Beleef Lauwersoog's own boats. You could also take a bike out, or go through Lauwersmeer National Park in a Land Rover to get to spots normally difficult to access on foot.
The wider area is well suited for sailing, surfing, paddleboarding, cycling and hiking; ask the team for its top tips. The combination of salt, brackish and freshwater habitats also means there's plenty of wildlife and birdlife about: look out for seals, sea eagles, spoonbills, flamingos, lobsters, porpoises, deer and – even in Holland – Scottish Highland cattle.
The region's historic towns and villages are a top pick too, such as the historic fortified town of Dokkum or the fishing villages of Zoutkamp and Paesens-Moddergat.
Another popular stop is the island of Schiermonnikoog, the least populated municipality in all the Netherlands and the site of the country's first national park. Cars aren't allowed on the island, but bikes are: a network of trails runs all over the land.
- Does Beleef Lauwersoog have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Beleef Lauwersoog dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Beleef Lauwersoog? Sailing trips on the Wadden Sea and watersports such as surfing, kitesurfing and boating are all available close by the site, including on Beleef Lauwersoog's own boats. You could also take a … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Beleef Lauwersoog?
Camping and caravan Arrive: 1 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: noon