This campground/park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Family-friendly campsite edging the Drents-Friese Wold National Park
- Direct access to woodland hikes, Wildlands Adventure Zoo 30 minutes
- Restaurant and bar, swimming lake, activities and bike hire on site
With a gorgeous waterside setting and grass pitches shaded by mature trees, Vakantiepark Drentse Weelde is set on the fringes of Drents-Friese Wold National Park. Near Hoogersmilde in Drenthe, the holiday park is a peaceful base for hiking or cycling adventures along forest trails and spending peaceful nights under clear, starry skies.
The site is cleverly set up for families, with events teams running supervised activities for kids, including Zorbing, volleyball and other team games in the high season. There’s a playground for younger children, and safe swimming in the natural lake, and on warm days camp life tends to centre around playing and chilling on the sandy beach. Should you choose to explore your rural surroundings, you can rent E-bikes on site.
There’s no pressing need to get down to any cooking, so parents get to relax as well. A snack bar and restaurant (open April to the end of September) takes care of day-to-day demands, serving pizzas and more substantial dishes on a sun-trap terrace.
Other handy on-site amenities include spotless shower blocks with baby washrooms and a laundrette so you can keep everybody and everything looking neat and tidy. There’s a dedicated dog park for canine guests, and a wifi connection to keep tabs on folks back home.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Great site, facilities were very good staff very helpful
|Reviews in other languages appear below.
Sehr schöner und sauberer Zeltplatz.
Een camping om te kunnen genieten
Deep cleaning of accommodation units between guests
Disinfectant sprays and wipes provided
Extra toilet/shower facilities available
More frequent emptying of bins
Shared spaces: daily deep cleaning
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Large (51-200 sites)
Horse riding nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Yes, there’s masses to keep you all on the campsite, but don’t forget that Drents-Friese Wold National Park (direct access) has a web of cycling and hiking trails through 6,000 hectares of dense woodland, heath and shifting sand dunes. Locally, there are gentle routes for family excursions as well as dedicated mountain-bike tracks of varying difficulty.
Family-friendly days out include Wildlands Adventure Zoo (half an hour’s drive), where you can trek through jungle to a temple where thousands of butterflies fly free, or shoot down rapids as elephants swim alongside. If the kids are misbehaving, take them to the National Prison Museum (25 minutes) to see how convicts were punished in the olden days.
A handful of historic towns and villages are within easy driving distance for a day of adults-only time, café hopping and browsing in indie shops. Assen (20 minutes) has a lively foodie scene in winding streets as well as bike racing at the TT Circuit, while you can wander the lively harbour at Hoogeveen (half an hour) before settling down in a waterfront bar to while away the afternoon.
- Does Vakantiepark Drentse Weelde have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Vakantiepark Drentse Weelde dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Vakantiepark Drentse Weelde? Yes, there’s masses to keep you all on the campsite, but don’t forget that Drents-Friese Wold National Park (direct access) has a web of cycling and hiking trails through 6,000 hectares of … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Vakantiepark Drentse Weelde?
Camping and caravan Arrive: noon – 5:30 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.