This campground/park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
- A friendly, family-run site with hot tubs available for evening dips
- A 10-minute walk to Selfoss and 50 to Golden Circle sights like Geysir
- Kitchen, dining room, summertime breakfast buffet and drinks for sale
Seeking a centrally located spot in Iceland where you can end days of exploring in a hot tub? Of course you are… and Gesthús Selfoss, in the county of Árnessýsla, is a worthy contender.
This family-run site in Iceland's south west is within driving distance of the Geysir, Gullfoss and Þingvellir National Park Golden Circle sights, and if jeep, hiking or horse-riding tours around the area take your fancy, owner Lísa also has you sorted.
Back at base and looking to save cash by cooking for yourself? The kitchen and dining room will come in handy, and if you’re having a hol here in the summer, you can start your morning with the breakfast buffet. The site also sells coffee, tea, soft drinks and beer every day.
Selfoss, less than a 10-minute walk from the park, is the place to go for supermarkets (and traditional restaurants if you’ve always had a hankering to try Icelandic seafood). For swims or a bit of well-deserved downtime after ambling around the region, a public swimming pool complex is around a five-minute walk away, with four pools, waterslides, hot tubs, a sauna and a steam bath. Drop by the spacious play area, the same distance away, if you’ve got kids keen to expend their energy clambering around.
Amenities include a washing machine and dryer, hot showers and toilets, as well as a chemical disposal point. If you’ve been tramping through snow, shoe dryers are on hand for getting your footwear ready for further explores.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
|Reviews in other languages appear below.|
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Public transport nearby
Large (51-200 sites)
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Drainage hook-up points for caravans
Motorhome service point
Water hook-up points for caravans
Gesthús Selfoss is in Suðurland, Iceland's south-west region. It’s a 50-minute drive to The Geysir Geothermal Area, to take in the epic natural sight of bubbling mud pools and active geysers spouting hot water from the ground. Journey on for another 10 minutes and you’ll come to Gullfoss, a massive waterfall set in scenery well worthy of a photo opp.
Another 50-minute drive from Gesthús Selfoss, the third spot on the Golden Circle is Þingvellir National Park, where you can see how North America and Europe are edging away from each other at a rate of one to 18 millimetres every year. These fissures create a hiker’s paradise, especially around the Almannagjá fault with its rugged landscape.
Closer to the site (15 minutes), hikers can trek around Flóahreppur, set between the salmon rivers Hvítá and Þjórsá. Most of this scenic area’s covered in one of the world's biggest lava fields. Rather survey the sights from the comfort of your car? Drive to spots like the Íslenski torfbærinn turf houses (10 minutes) and the Tré og List art gallery, less than 20 minutes away.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and caravan|
|Arrive:||8 a.m. –||11 p.m.|
|Arrive:||3 p.m. –||11 p.m.|
|Depart by:||11 a.m.|
Gesthús Selfoss cancellation policy
Balance refunds: no penalties
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19.
The remainder is payable direct to Gesthús Selfoss on arrival.
Payment methods accepted on the parkVisa
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Gesthús Selfoss have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Gesthús Selfoss dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Gesthús Selfoss? Gesthús Selfoss is in Suðurland, Iceland's south-west region. It’s a 50-minute drive to The Geysir Geothermal Area, to take in the epic natural sight of bubbling mud pools and active geysers spouting … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Gesthús Selfoss?
Camping and caravan Arrive: 8 a.m. – 11 p.m. Depart by: noon On-site accommodation Arrive: 3 p.m. – 11 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.