This campground/park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- West Jutland site with activities for all ages, 2.5km from Tarm
- A five-minute drive from Skjern Enge and 45 minutes from beaches
- Pool, communal room and garden with pavilion and regular events
Age is just a number at Birkelund Camping and Outdoor, a pretty little site on former farmland in western Denmark less than five minutes’ drive from the village of Tarm: there’s plenty to do and plenty of room for families with small kids, and the quiet atmosphere suits older guests who come for peaceful hols in green surrounds.
The site used to be a small homestead with a few hectares of land, but it’s been thoughtfully updated with a reception area, small shop and communal room in its old buildings. There’s a pool too, and a pavilion in the little garden is the go-to spot for lots of events, as well as kids’ activities like birdhouse building and cupcake making.
Active types may be eager to explore this part of Denmark: there’s lots to keep energetic guests busy in Ringkøbing-Skjern, from cycling along the Skjern river (a half-hour’s bike from the site) to fishing for salmon in Laksens Hus (10 minutes’ drive). More of a seaside fan? The nearest beaches are at Hvide Sande, about 45 minutes away.
There’s loads of greenery on site, so if that whets appetites for nature, it’s within easy reach: the site’s less than five minutes’ drive from Skjern Enge for explores on foot, bicycle, horseback or boat, for canoeing and kayaking, and for fishing and birdwatching; and Tipperne is 35 minutes away for nature spotting.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
|Reviews in other languages appear below.
Det var helt fantastisk da vi kom om aftenen og …
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Public transport nearby
Large (51-200 sites)
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Surf school nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Drainage hook-up points for caravans
History buffs can start delving into the past within just a few minutes of base: the open-air museum at Hattemagerhuset (where there are historic workshops to try and a hatter's home) is five minutes’ drive or 20 minutes’ walk from the site, and the sprawling Ringkøbing-Skjern Museum – spread out over 14 buildings – is 15 minutes away. The Danmarks Flymuseum gives a soaring overview of Danish aircraft history 20 minutes from home base, and is an absolute must for wannabe aviators.
Get a feel for urban Denmark with a stop half an hour away in the traditional Danish town of Ringkøbing – wander its museums, pretty little cobbled streets and busy town square, and soak up spectacular views over Ringkøbing fjord, then get the historic effect among the Vikings at Bork Vikingehavn theme park (20 minutes).
Keep kids on side with hours of animal meeting, maze solving, tunnel exploring and treetop strolling at WOW-Park amusement park, 20 minutes away, or spend a bucket-list kind of day at Legoland, 45 minutes from base.
Need a little grownup time? Opt for tours and tastings at Stauning Whisky, 20 minutes from the site.
- Does Birkelund Camping and Outdoor have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Birkelund Camping and Outdoor dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Birkelund Camping and Outdoor? History buffs can start delving into the past within just a few minutes of base: the open-air museum at Hattemagerhuset (where there are historic workshops to try and a hatter's home) is … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Birkelund Camping and Outdoor?
Camping and caravan Arrive: 8 a.m. – 10 p.m. Depart by: Anytime