This campground/park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Family-friendly campsite on an organic dairy farm in rural Jutland
- Hal an hour’s drive to Legoland Billund Resort and Labyrinthia
- Playground, communal meeting area, farm shop and livestock on site
Surrounded by forest, hills, lakes and heathland, Gyvelborg is a family-run campsite with grass pitches on an organic dairy farm, five minutes’ drive from Nørre Snede in Jutland. Close to theme parks and zoos, it makes a handy base for family holidays amid nature – and guests can befriend the Jersey cows (and sometimes their cuter-than-cute calves) as well as cuddle rabbits, guinea pigs, cats and Nora the dog.
You'll have a choice of spacious grass pitches here – some overlook the farm’s lake (great if you’re after a bit of peace), while others are near the playground (useful if you need to keep toddlers entertained). The site has two amenities blocks with lots of handy facilities, including a freezer, washing machine and disabled shower. If you need inspiration for day trips, dig out the tourist information in the shared meeting area, where there are books and games for quieter moments.
As well as helping you meet all the animals, the site owners Jellemien and Willem are happy for you to become farmers for the day and follow them about their business, be it feeding calves (when possible), milking the cows or fruit picking (seasonal).
Food supplies can be picked up at the farm shop, which sells home-reared beef, freshly bottled whole milk, nutty Thise cheese, ice cream, bread, eggs and lots of organic local produce.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
We enjoyed our stay apart from one individual..
|Reviews in other languages appear below.
Camping au top en famille avec enfants
Hand sanitising stations
Shared spaces: more frequent cleaning
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Medium (26-50 sites)
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Treating the kids to a day out? Chances are they’ll enjoy spotting world landmarks like the Eiffel Tower and Statue of Liberty in colourful miniature at Legoland Billund Resort, while Labyrinthia (both half an hour’s drive) has a series of outdoor mazes and interactive games to keep the whole family entertained.
And if you’re all animal mad, take a safari across the African savannah to spot giraffes, zebras and lions at Givskud Zoo Zootopia (25 minutes), or watch otters and beavers splashing around in the water at Aqua Aquarium and Wildlife Park (half an hour).
When everyone’s had their wildlife fix, turn to outdoor pursuits. Go kayaking down the Skjern Å river (20 minutes), and catch a fish for dinner on Hampen Sø lak (10 minutes), also popular for swimming in its pristine waters. Stay on dry land to hike and cycle on the long-distance Hærvejen route (20 minutes) through Jutland, or follow the former Skæve Bane rail track (15 minutes) through forests and meadowlands. And if you fancy a game of golf, there are two courses within 25 minutes’ drive.
- Does Gyvelborg have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Gyvelborg dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Gyvelborg? Treating the kids to a day out? Chances are they’ll enjoy spotting world landmarks like the Eiffel Tower and Statue of Liberty in colourful miniature at Legoland Billund Resort, while Labyrinthia (both … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Gyvelborg?
Camping and caravan Arrive: 8 a.m. – Anytime Depart by: 11 a.m.