Why not enter some details and get an accurate price?
- Rural site on a dairy farm 20 minutes' walk from Caernarfon
- Half an hour from Snowdonia, Anglesey and the Llŷn Peninsula
- Well-kept amenities including an accessible wetroom
Snowdonia National Park, Anglesey’s beaches, the lovely Llŷn Peninsula… if you fancy taking in lots of the local faves on your north-west Wales hols, take a look at handily placed Maes Carafanau Hendy Caravan Park.
From this relaxed rural spot on a working dairy farm it’s around half an hour by car to all of the above, and a 20-minute stroll to historic Caernarfon, famed for its UNESCO-listed castle but also a popular place for poking about in the town’s independent shops and cafés. The Welsh Highland Railway and the Lôn Eifion cycle path pass by the site too, giving guests easy access to all sorts of ways to roam.
Those in search of heaps of on-site activities will have to look elsewhere, as the Joneses have chosen to keep their place as peaceful as poss, focusing on doing the essential amenities to top standards. The large pitches have space to spread about a bit with access to electrical hookups and drinking water, and the top-notch bathroom facilities have hot showers, an accessible wetroom… and hairdryers for those days when the Welsh weather has messed with your mop.
Open from 03/26/2021 to 10/31/2021
Tents are not accepted at this park.
Check availability at Maes Carafanau Hendy Caravan Park…
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Electric asphalt touring pitch (2 adults and 4 children)
Max. persons: 6 x
One Caravan or Class B motorhome or RV site allowed per pitch
Pitch size : Max 3.0m width x 7.0m depth (9.8ft width x 23.0ft depth) Calculated area: 21.0m² (226.0ft²)
Ground type: Asphalt
Based on a stay for 2 adultsAvailability by arrival day (British Pound (£), extras not included) (Euro (€), extras not included) (Australian Dollar (A$), extras not included) (US Dollar (US$), extras not included) (Canadian Dollar (CA$), extras not included) (Swiss Franc (CHF), extras not included) (Swedish Krona (SEK), extras not included) (Danish Krone (DKK), extras not included) (Norwegian Krone (NOK), extras not included) (Icelandic Króna (ISK), extras not included) (Argentine Peso (ARS), extras not included) (Chilean Peso (CLP), extras not included) (Peruvian Sol (PEN), extras not included) (New Zealand Dollar ($), extras not included) (South African Rand (ZAR), extras not included) (Polish Zloty (PLN), extras not included) (Brazilian Real (R$), extras not included) (Czech Koruna (CZK), extras not included) (Serbian Dinar (RSD), extras not included) (Hungarian Forint (HUF), extras not included) (Russian Rouble (RUB), extras not included) (Chinese Yuan (CN¥), extras not included)
Really lovely peaceful place with clean facilities
I’d definitely recommend this place to my family and friends.
An excellent, small site situated on a working dairy farm.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Public transportation nearby
Small (11-25 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Gray water hook-up for RVs/trailers
- Coach stations
— 1.4 kilometres
1.4 kilometres Povey`s Garage — 8.5 kilometres
8.5 kilometres Povey's Garage — 8.5 kilometres
- Train stations
Llanfairpwll Rail Station
— 11.4 kilometres
11.4 kilometres Bodorgan Rail Station — 12.6 kilometres
12.6 kilometres Bangor (Gwynedd) Rail Station — 14.2 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Holyhead Ferry Terminal
— 30.9 kilometres
30.9 kilometres Aberdaron Ferry Landing — 46.4 kilometres
46.4 kilometres Barmouth Ferry Landing — 48.0 kilometres
— 22.2 kilometres
Start by taking a stroll into Caernarfon to see the mighty waterfront castle, a huge and well-preserved place with lots to see and plenty of puzzles and activities for the tiddlers; it’s worth having a look around the Royal Welch Fusiliers Regimental Museum while you’re here too.
The Welsh Highland Railway runs steam train rides from Caernarfon: grab a spot at the station to watch them depart or get all aboard for the 25-mile ride through the mountains to Porthmadog. If you prefer to travel under your own steam, there’s easy access to the scenic 12-mile Lôn Eifion cycle path, a hard-surfaced path that skirts the edge of Snowdonia for some great views and village visits.
For days by the seaside, cross the Menai Suspension Bridge to Anglesey – there are some lovely beaches on the island (Traeth Cymyran, 40 minutes away, is perhaps the most popular) – and the excellent Anglesey Sea Zoo, home to a seahorse breeding programme and the Lobster Hatchery of Wales. Head south instead and it’s around a half-hour drive to Pwlheli on the Llŷn Peninsula, for more splendid beaches as well as wildlife-watching boat trips.
- Caernarfon Castle (1.3 kilometres)
- Snowdon Mountain Railway (10.9 kilometres)
- National Slate Museum (10.9 kilometres)
- Plas Newydd Country House and Gardens (9.1 kilometres)
- Ty^ Mawr Wybrnant (30.3 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||11 a.m. –||Anytime|
|Depart by:||11 a.m.|
Maes Carafanau Hendy Caravan Park cancellation policy
Balance refunds: no penalties
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19.
The remainder is payable direct to Maes Carafanau Hendy Caravan Park on arrival.
Payment methods accepted on the parkCash
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Maes Carafanau Hendy Caravan Park have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Maes Carafanau Hendy Caravan Park dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Maes Carafanau Hendy Caravan Park? Start by taking a stroll into Caernarfon to see the mighty waterfront castle, a huge and well-preserved place with lots to see and plenty of puzzles and activities for the tiddlers; it’s … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Maes Carafanau Hendy Caravan Park?
Camping and touring Arrive: 11 a.m. – Anytime Depart by: 11 a.m.
- How much does it cost to stay at Maes Carafanau Hendy Caravan Park? From $48.48 (for 1 night, 6 people) - prices may change depending on your dates and party. Check prices and availability