This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Festival-inspired organic farm site half a mile from Hay-on-Wye
- A half-hour drive from the Brecon Beacons National Park
- Communal firepit, marquee bar, cinema, games room and food stalls
It's all rather festival-like under the flags, fairy lights and bunting at Starry Meadow… Within walking distance of Hay-on-Wye, this site crosses camping classics such as a communal campfire with festival-inspired décor for a chilled-out break in the splendid Welsh countryside. Hunker down at this cosy organic farm site in Powys under the dark skies of the nearby Brecon Beacons National Park, which is a half-hour drive away for daring mountain trails, waterfalls and open green spaces.
In the evening, perhaps huddle around the communal campfire with the family or get cosy under the twinkling fairy lights with a takeaway meal from the food stalls set up on site. You can wash down any food with a chilled drink from the open-sided marquee bar (sipped on deckchairs and hay bales under cover).
With hunting down waterfalls and summits ahead, power up with a caffeine boost each morning (tea and coffee served from the reception) and breakfast from reception or food stalls. You can keep your packed lunches chilled in the communal fridges and warm up any leftovers using the kitchen's microwave (kettle available too, if you’ve got a flask handy).
By evening, the tented cinema shows family-friendly films… and by day, it transforms into a games room with classic games such as ping pong and swing ball.
As for times when you feel like venturing out for dinner, there are plenty of characterful pubs and restaurants 10 minutes’ walk away in Hay-on-Wye, plus food shops for extra supplies.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Capacity reduced to increase social distancing
Check-in: one group at a time
Deep cleaning of accommodation units between guests
Distance markers in shared facilities
Extra spacing in seated areas
Hand sanitizing stations
Individual rooms in toilet/shower/basin facilities
More frequent emptying of bins
Removal of soft furnishings (e.g. decorative cushions)
Shared spaces: daily deep cleaning
Shared spaces: more frequent cleaning
We're Good To Go (VisitBritain accreditation)
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Leave the car at home
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transportation nearby
Large (51-200 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Mountain biking nearby
- Coach stations
— 22.1 kilometres
22.1 kilometres Telephone Exchange — 22.5 kilometres
22.5 kilometres Bus Station — 29.0 kilometres
- Train stations
Builth Road Rail Station
— 23.0 kilometres
23.0 kilometres Cilmeri Rail Station — 23.9 kilometres
23.9 kilometres Llandrindod Rail Station — 25.5 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Newport (S Wales) Ferry Terminal
— 57.3 kilometres
— 69.8 kilometres
Bookstores, vintage shops and the river Wye for canoeing… Hay-on-Wye (10 minutes’ walk) has a variety of activities for every taste. Wild swims and paddles can be had from several pebbly shores or from Bredwardine Bridge (15 minutes’ drive).
You’ll likely have a hoot of a time with the owls at Small Breeds Farm Park and Owl Centre (25 minutes), and more friendly animals can be found at Cantref Adventure Farm (half an hour), where you can get stuck into horse riding and a host of farm-themed rides.
With the mountain scenery of the Brecon Beacons National Park (half an hour) in the distance, your walking boots will surely be an essential. And when your feet need a rest, board the Brecon Mountain Railway (50 minutes) to climb to some of the highest summits.
Dig deep into the area’s coal mining history at the Big Pit National Coal Museum (55 minutes), slightly further afield. The National Showcaves Centre for Wales (45 minutes) will take you further underground among stalactites and old caverns.
- Blaenavon Ironworks (32.8 kilometres)
- Blaenavon World Heritage Centre & Tourist Information Centre (33.2 kilometres)
- Big Pit: National Coal Museum (33.3 kilometres)
- Cwmmau Farmhouse (10.3 kilometres)
- The Weir (21.4 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Starry Meadow have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Starry Meadow dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Starry Meadow? Bookstores, vintage shops and the river Wye for canoeing… Hay-on-Wye (10 minutes’ walk) has a variety of activities for every taste. Wild swims and paddles can be had from several pebbly shores … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Starry Meadow?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 4 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 11 a.m.