Why not enter some details and get an accurate price?
- Scenic wild camping site on a farm in the Wiltshire countryside
- A 15-minute drive from Longleat and 25 minutes from Stonehenge
- Alpacas on site with daily feeding activities; pub a short walk away
From Hillside Stables, you’ll be able to tap your way into the Wiltshire countryside and map out the way to beauty spots and historic sites such as Stonehenge (25 minutes’ drive) or Bath’s spas (40 minutes’ drive). With Longleat’s safari park and house 15 minutes’ drive away, this is quite the spot to make a memorable stay.
Much like a live comedy act at times, among your neighbours are three inquisitive male alpacas (and other yard animals pottering around). You may wish to watch them play in their paddock from the sidelines or get stuck into the alpaca feeding times every day.
You’ll be going off-grid here, so you’ll need to pack a tent, water, utensils, beddings and all the works to set up your peaceful patch. That doesn’t mean the site is completely without its comforts though, as there’s a toilet on site.
With all the wildlife around, it might seem easy to forget that the amenities of the towns are nearby too. Warminster, a characterful market town with a big playground, skate park, lake and a handy selection of supermarkets, is 10 minutes’ drive away. Then, there’s also a village pub, park and playing fields within 15 minutes’ walk of the site.
So that you’re ready for takeoff into the surrounding attractions, the site has a free private car park a short walk away from the pitches. When you arrive, there will be friendly faces to help you transport your belongings and settle you in.
Open from 07/09/2021 to 09/10/2021
This park has no on-site shower facilities.
No cars/motorcycles at the site. All cars must be parked in the designated area.
Under 18s must be accompanied by their parents or legal guardians.
At least one of the party members must be aged 25 or over.
Guests are advised to bring a good quality torch with them as parts of the park are unlit.
No bachelor/bachelorette parties permitted via Pitchup.com.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Non-electric grass tent pitch
Based on a stay for 2 adultsAvailability by arrival day (British Pound (£), extras not included) (Euro (€), extras not included) (Australian Dollar (A$), extras not included) (US Dollar (US$), extras not included) (Canadian Dollar (CA$), extras not included) (Swiss Franc (CHF), extras not included) (Swedish Krona (SEK), extras not included) (Danish Krone (DKK), extras not included) (Norwegian Krone (NOK), extras not included) (Icelandic Króna (ISK), extras not included) (Argentine Peso (ARS), extras not included) (Chilean Peso (CLP), extras not included) (Peruvian Sol (PEN), extras not included) (New Zealand Dollar ($), extras not included) (South African Rand (ZAR), extras not included) (Polish Zloty (PLN), extras not included) (Brazilian Real (R$), extras not included) (Czech Koruna (CZK), extras not included) (Serbian Dinar (RSD), extras not included) (Hungarian Forint (HUF), extras not included) (Russian Rouble (RUB), extras not included) (Chinese Yuan (CN¥), extras not included)
Fabulous campsite, we loved it here…thanks to the hosts!
Check-in: contactless (in person)
Check-in: one group at a time
Disinfectant sprays and wipes provided
Hand sanitizing stations
No cash accepted on site
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Tiny (1-10 sites)
Horseback riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
- Coach stations
— 4.4 kilometres
4.4 kilometres Market Place — 4.4 kilometres
4.4 kilometres Market Place — 14.0 kilometres
- Train stations
Warminster Rail Station
— 4.5 kilometres
4.5 kilometres Dilton Marsh Rail Station — 9.7 kilometres
9.7 kilometres Westbury (Wilts) Rail Station — 11.3 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Temple Meads Station Ferry Landing
— 43.5 kilometres
43.5 kilometres Temple Bridge (Bristol) Ferry Landing — 43.7 kilometres
43.7 kilometres Prince Street Bridge Ferry Landing — 44.0 kilometres
Bristol International Airport
— 46.2 kilometres
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Shearwater (lake and beauty spot): 10 minutes’ drive
- Longleat (adventure and safari park): 15 minutes
- Heaven's Gate (two-mile walking trail): 20 minutes
- Stonehenge (iconic stone circle): 25 minutes
- Bath (Roman baths and spas, independent shops and historical sites): 40 minutes
- Salisbury (cathedral, shopping and museum): 40 minutes
- Bournemouth (beach town): an hour and 20 minutes
- Longleat (9.4 kilometres)
- Stourhead House and Garden (14.2 kilometres)
- Stonehenge (22.1 kilometres)
- Stourhead (14.4 kilometres)
- Philipps House and Dinton Park (14.5 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||3 p.m. –||8 p.m.|
|Depart by:||11 a.m.|
Please check in at Griffin's Garage.
Hillside Stables cancellation policy
No refunds within 2 weeks of arrival date.
Bookings cannot be amended within 14 day(s) of arrival.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19. Hillside Stables will debit the balance from your card 2 weeks before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 2 weeks then the balance will be taken immediately.Deposit transferable during COVID-19. During COVID-19 you can transfer your deposit to a future stay booked within 3 months of your arrival date. Read more.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking.
Payment methods accepted on the parkBank transfer
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does Hillside Stables have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Hillside Stables dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Hillside Stables? Attractions and activities nearby include: - Shearwater (lake and beauty spot): 10 minutes’ drive - Longleat (adventure and safari park): 15 minutes - Heaven's Gate (two-mile walking trail): 20 minutes - Stonehenge … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Hillside Stables?
Camping and touring Arrive: 3 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.
Please check in at Griffin's Garage.Read more
- How much does it cost to stay at Hillside Stables? From $49.84 (for 1 night, 2 adults) - prices may change depending on your dates and party. Check prices and availability