Why not enter some details and get an accurate price?
- Peaceful family-run wildlife haven in the Dorset countryside
- A 35-minute drive from Durdle Door and 40 minutes from Bournemouth
- Quiet after 10pm; communal campfire area; pubs and shops nearby
On the lookout for a peaceful pocket of wildlife in the Dorset countryside? Green scenery within driving distance of the Dorset coast’s sweet spots? Well, first meet the locals at Hill View Farm… including the chickens and ducks that already get to take pleasure in the rural surroundings of the farm site.
With views across Blandford and a nice criss-cross of walking and cycling routes in the surrounding countryside, this is a family-run site well-situated for activities in the outdoors or visits to Bournemouth’s busy seaside (40 minutes’ drive), the landmark Durdle Door (35 minutes) or the watersports haven at Sandbanks Beach (40 minutes).
Things are pretty relaxed on this site, as there are straightforward facilities including toilets and a dishwashing area. Quiet evenings are the trend at this site, as there’s no noise after 10pm. So, you may want to opt for some stargazing if the sky is clear enough, or an early night after a drink and a chat by the communal campfire.
Looking to top up your energy stores? There are supermarkets five minutes’ drive away in Blandford Forum and a wide selection of restaurants, pubs cafés and takeaways to choose from in the town too.
Open from 07/23/2021 to 09/03/2021
Open from 09/07/2021 to 09/19/2021
Please note that the toilet/shower facilities are unisex.
Minimum spacing of 6 metres between pitches.
Group bookings of 2 or more units (e.g. tent, touring caravan, motorhome or accommodation hire) travelling together are not permitted via Pitchup.com.
At least one of the party members must be aged 18 or over.
Group bookings of 4 or more adults are not permitted (couples and immediate family members excepted).
No bachelor/bachelorette parties permitted via Pitchup.com.
No cars/motorcycles at the site. All cars must be parked in the designated area.
Under 18s must be accompanied by their parents or legal guardians.
This park has no on-site shower facilities.
Guests under the age of 12 are not allowed on site.
The park caters for families (immediate members) and couples only - bookings from all other forms of groups are not accepted.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Non-electric grass and earth tent pitch
Max. persons: 6 x
One Tent allowed per pitch
Pitch size : Min 6.0m width x 6.0m depth (19.7ft width x 19.7ft depth) Calculated area: 36.0m² (387.5ft²)
Ground type: Grass and earth
Based on a stay for 2 adultsAvailability by arrival day (British Pound (£), extras not included) (Euro (€), extras not included) (Australian Dollar (A$), extras not included) (US Dollar (US$), extras not included) (Canadian Dollar (CA$), extras not included) (Swiss Franc (CHF), extras not included) (Swedish Krona (SEK), extras not included) (Danish Krone (DKK), extras not included) (Norwegian Krone (NOK), extras not included) (Icelandic Króna (ISK), extras not included) (Argentine Peso (ARS), extras not included) (Chilean Peso (CLP), extras not included) (Peruvian Sol (PEN), extras not included) (New Zealand Dollar ($), extras not included) (South African Rand (ZAR), extras not included) (Polish Zloty (PLN), extras not included) (Brazilian Real (R$), extras not included) (Czech Koruna (CZK), extras not included) (Serbian Dinar (RSD), extras not included) (Hungarian Forint (HUF), extras not included) (Russian Rouble (RUB), extras not included) (Chinese Yuan (CN¥), extras not included)
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Capacity reduced to increase social distancing
Check-in: self check-in (unattended)
Disinfectant sprays and wipes provided
Extra spacing in seated areas
Hand sanitizing stations
More frequent emptying of bins
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Public transportation nearby
Small (11-25 sites)
Indoor pool nearby
Mountain biking nearby
- Coach stations
— 16.4 kilometres
16.4 kilometres Red Lion — 16.4 kilometres
16.4 kilometres Seldown Coach Station — 19.2 kilometres
- Train stations
Holton Heath Rail Station
— 14.9 kilometres
14.9 kilometres Wareham Rail Station — 15.6 kilometres
15.6 kilometres Wool Rail Station — 16.2 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Poole Ferry Terminal
— 18.9 kilometres
18.9 kilometres Poole Quay Ferry Landing — 19.1 kilometres
19.1 kilometres Brownsea Island Ferry Landing — 22.4 kilometres
Bournemouth International Airport
— 25.7 kilometres
The campsite is on the A354: look out for the Hill View sign and two large orange mirrors on the entrance.
If using a satnav, it will take you to Ranmoor: the site is down the road heading towards Blandford.
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Gorcombe Extreme Sports (extreme sports centre): 25 minutes’ walk
- The Blandford Fashion Museum: five minutes’ drive
- Monkey World (ape rescue centre): 15 minutes
- Kingston Lacy (National Trust site): 15 minutes
- The Tank Museum (tank collection and museum): 20 minutes
- RSPB Arne (wildlife spotting, picnics and walking routes): half an hour
- Lulworth Cove (pebble beach on the Jurassic coast known for its geology and landforms): half an hour
- Poole (beach town with watersports and walking routes): half an hour
- Weymouth (beach town with a sandy beach for swimming): 35 minutes
- Salisbury Cathedral: 35 minutes
- Sherborne Castle (historic house, tearoom and gardens): 40 minutes
- Swanage (fishing port with a railway, fishing trips and outdoor activities): 40 minutes
- Brownsea Island (wildlife spotting, outdoor activities and nature trails): half an hour’s drive and 20 minutes’ ferry.
- Kingston Lacy House and Gardens (10.9 kilometres)
- Monkey World - Ape Rescue Centre (14.4 kilometres)
- The Tank Museum (15.0 kilometres)
- White Mill (9.2 kilometres)
- Kingston Lacy (11.1 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||2:30 p.m. –||9 p.m.|
|Depart by:||11 a.m.|
|Arrive:||2:30 p.m. –||9 p.m.|
|Depart by:||11 a.m.|
Hill View Farm cancellation policy
No refunds within 1 week of arrival date.
Modifications are subject to a £5.00 ($9.97) fee.
Bookings cannot be amended within 7 day(s) of arrival.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19. Hill View Farm will debit the balance from your card 1 week before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 1 week then the balance will be taken immediately.
Refunds within the indicated cancellation period are only possible if the site is able to relet your unit/pitch.Deposit transferable during COVID-19. During COVID-19 you can transfer your deposit to a future stay booked within 3 months of your arrival date. Read more.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking.
Payment methods accepted on the parkCash
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does Hill View Farm have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Hill View Farm dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Hill View Farm? Attractions and activities nearby include: - Gorcombe Extreme Sports (extreme sports centre): 25 minutes’ walk - The Blandford Fashion Museum: five minutes’ drive - Monkey World (ape rescue centre): 15 minutes - … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Hill View Farm?
Camping and touring Arrive: 2:30 p.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 2:30 p.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.
- How much does it cost to stay at Hill View Farm? From $23.84 (for 1 night, 4 people) - prices may change depending on your dates and party. Check prices and availability