This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful site set over 10 acres on the edge of an estuary village
- Near the sands and nature reserve of Dawlish Warren beach
- Wildlife lake, level pitches and pub serving food half a mile away
No need to hunt for a tiny and peaceful Devon destination: here's teeny Hunters Lodge Caravan and Camping Site on the edge of the estuary village of Starcross, near the sands and nature reserve of Dawlish Warren beach.
Although it's listed as a tiny site, it's over 10 acres of grounds so you could almost pretend to be surveying your own kingdom all the time when here… Once you're ready to go off exploring, public transport is close to hand for those who don't want to drive: the site is half a mile from Starcross rail station and coach stop, and 15 minutes’ walk from the site to the Starcross passenger ferry to Exmouth.
Bring the dog along on the local walk around the 'horseshoe' (ask for details on site); pooches are welcome at Hunters Lodge all year round. Fancy some fishing? A coarse fishery is at nearby Exminster.
This friendly site comes with excellent amenities including recycling and chemical disposal, drying facilities, shower block and washroom. For food, there are 28 ways of serving the River Exe mussels on offer at the Anchor pub half a mile down the road – better book for 28 days then…
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
A pleasant small site in a good location
Lovely setting, clean toilets & shower
cracking little campsite in the heart of devon
Nice picturesque location, pitches marked out clearly including a bench, …
First camping trip, will be doing it again....been and got …
Check-in: one group at a time
Hand sanitizing stations
Individual rooms in toilet/shower/basin facilities
No cash accepted on site
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Leave the car at home
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Public transportation nearby
Small (11-25 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
- Coach stations
Opposite Rail Station
— 0.8 kilometres
0.8 kilometres Rail Station — 0.8 kilometres
0.8 kilometres The Green — 4.8 kilometres
- Train stations
Starcross Rail Station
— 0.8 kilometres
0.8 kilometres Dawlish Warren Rail Station — 2.8 kilometres
2.8 kilometres Exmouth Rail Station — 2.9 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Starcross Ferry Landing
— 0.9 kilometres
0.9 kilometres Exmouth Ferry Landing — 2.4 kilometres
2.4 kilometres Turf Lock Inn Ferry Landing — 4.6 kilometres
Exeter International Airport
— 12.4 kilometres
There is a bus stop at the end of Staplake Lane, 200 metres from the site.
Catch the passenger ferry to Exmouth to see its seafront and the famed 16-sided house A La Ronde, then head further inland to Devon’s county town Exeter, home of Exeter Castle and stunning Exeter Cathedral.
Old buildings and castles are all around the area: 12th-century Powderham Castle lies just north of Starcross at the village of Kenton and there are more National Trust properties in Devon than anywhere else in the country. Topsham Museum, with period rooms, info on maritime history and exhibitions on local wildlife, is housed in 17th-century buildings overlooking the Exe Estuary.
The acclaimed beach of Dawlish Warren is almost on the doorstep for fairground rides, summer events and old seafront standby Punch and Judy. From here it’s a scenic stroll to the Dawlish Warren nature reserve on the mouth of the Exe Estuary, with visitor centre and free admission.
Taking the bikes along to Devon? The National Cycle Network Exe Estuary Trail goes from Dawlish to Exmouth and there’s more cycling through the woods at Haldon Forest Park, with a bike hire shop there if you’re not bringing your own wheels.
- Crealy Great Adventure Park (9.8 kilometres)
- Exeter Cathedral - Church of Saint Peter (12.3 kilometres)
- Jurassic Coast World Heritage Site (16.5 kilometres)
- A la Ronde (4.2 kilometres)
- Killerton: Clyston Mill (15.7 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Hunters Lodge Caravan and Camping Site have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Hunters Lodge Caravan and Camping Site dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Hunters Lodge Caravan and Camping Site? Catch the passenger ferry to Exmouth to see its seafront and the famed 16-sided house A La Ronde, then head further inland to Devon’s county town Exeter, home of Exeter Castle and … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Hunters Lodge Caravan and Camping Site?
Camping and touring Arrive: 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.