This campground/park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
- Exclusive use of a bell tent with Holdstone Down views in Devon
- Five minutes’ drive to Combe Martin and 20 minutes to Woolacombe
- Pre-erected tent with livestock on the site; shops in Combe Martin
So you want to be alone? Alone in a gorgeous part of Devon with far-reaching views and a pre-erected bell tent? There’s none of this messing around putting up tents at Honeymoor Retreat; arrive on site and your holiday starts straight away.
While you’re on site, the place is yours and yours alone. The bell tent sleeps four, but extra tents can be added for groups wanting to be alone together. The off-grid site also has the benefit of filtered spring water and solar panels set up for charging devices.
On the edge of Exmoor National Park and only five minutes’ drive from the coastal village of Combe Martin, this is a great place to relax and unwind just taking in all the moorland views. But if you get itchy feet, there’s plenty to do, from surfing off Saunton Sands to hiking up Holdstone Down or exploring the markets of Barnstaple.
Please note, the site is adjacent to an orchard home to ducks and geese; the birds are let out in the morning and put away at night daily; beacuse of this, please keep any dogs under control.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
convenient location, beautiful tent and excellent facilities
Dedicated shower facility per glamping unit
Dedicated toilet facility per glamping unit
Deep cleaning of accommodation units between guests
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Tiny (1-10 sites)
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Surf school nearby
- Coach stations
— 9.6 kilometres
9.6 kilometres Bus Station — 12.9 kilometres
12.9 kilometres Camp Gates — 14.6 kilometres
- Train stations
Barnstaple Rail Station
— 13.6 kilometres
13.6 kilometres Chapelton (Devon) Rail Station — 19.2 kilometres
19.2 kilometres Umberleigh Rail Station — 21.2 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Ilfracombe Ferry Landing
— 8.9 kilometres
8.9 kilometres Instow Ferry Landing — 20.2 kilometres
20.2 kilometres Appledore Ferry Landing — 20.4 kilometres
— 46.5 kilometres
Local attractions and activities include:
- Holdstone Down (Exmoor hikes): five minutes’ drive
- Combe Martin: five minutes
- Combe Martin Wildlife and Dinosaur Park: five minutes
- Exmoor Zoological and Conservation Centre: 10 minutes
- Lynton and Barnstaple Railway Company: 10 minutes
- Watermouth Castle: 15 minutes
- Ilfracombe: 15 minutes
- Woolacombe: 20 minutes
- Barnstaple: 20 minutes
- Saunton Sands: half an hour.
- RHS Garden Rosemoor (29.0 kilometres)
- National Waterfront Museum (47.8 kilometres)
- Arlington Court and the National Trust Carriage Museum (4.6 kilometres)
- Heddon Valley (5.4 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Arrive:||3 p.m. –||9 p.m.|
|Depart by:||9:30 a.m.|
Honeymoor Retreat cancellation policy
Balance refunds: no penalties
The campground/park is not liable for any refund in the event of force majeure.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
A 15% non-refundable deposit is payable now.
The remainder is payable direct to Honeymoor Retreat on arrival.
Refunds within the indicated cancellation period are only possible if the campground/park is able to relet your unit/site.
Payment methods accepted on the parkPayPal
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Honeymoor Retreat have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Honeymoor Retreat dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Honeymoor Retreat? Local attractions and activities include: - Holdstone Down (Exmoor hikes): five minutes’ drive - Combe Martin: five minutes - Combe Martin Wildlife and Dinosaur Park: five minutes - Exmoor Zoological and Conservation … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Honeymoor Retreat?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 3 p.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: 9:30 a.m.