Why not enter some details and get an accurate price?
- Cosy traditional gypsy caravan in a private Lancashire field
- Five miles to Forest of Bowland; a half-hour drive to Blackpool
- Woodburning stove, private firepit and private eco toilet provided
It’s a cosy, colourful stay that’s on offer at Oaktree, where a gypsy caravan packed with character sits in a private field surrounded by lovely Lancashire countryside.
Peer out of the window at the green scenery and you’d think you were in the middle of nowhere, but in fact it’s also very well connected, just off the A6 and with the M6 nearby too (and a bus stop just outside for jaunts by public transport). That means easy access to all sorts of days out, particularly if you’ve got your eye on walks in the Forest of Bowland, five miles away.
As well as being rather well situated, this is a place where the folk in charge have thought of pretty much everything guests might need during their stay. The caravan sleeps two in a sliding pullout bed, and it’s kept warm by a woodburning stove (with logs available too of course). A private eco toilet is on hand too, as is a shelter for outdoor cooking and washing-up, and a large enclosed firepit area with seating.
This is a place for you if you like to travel light: cutlery, glasses, tea towels, a disposable barbecue, cleaning kit and plenty of other bits and bobs are all provided, and there’s tea, coffee and sugar so you can have a refreshing cuppa on arrival. If you don’t fancy cooking, it’s handy to note there’s an Indian restaurant, a pub and an Italian restaurant/bar within a few minutes’ walk – and a tempting ice cream parlour just over the road.
For more foodie options, head to the village pubs in Garstang or Scorton or scoot down to Preston (15 minutes’ drive) for more eateries and supermarkets.
No electric barbecues allowed.
No bachelor/bachelorette parties permitted via Pitchup.com.
No gas barbecues allowed.
No naked flames are allowed inside the hired accommodation units.
The site caters for families (immediate members) and couples only - bookings from all other forms of groups are not accepted.
Guests are advised to bring a good quality torch with them as parts of the park are unlit.
At least one of the party members must be aged 25 or over.
Guests under the age of 21 are not allowed on site.
No cars/motorcycles at the site. All cars must be parked in the designated area.
This site has no on-site shower facilities.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
|Max. persons||2 x
(1 x sleeping platform)
|No toilets in the unit: shared facilities available.|
|No showers on site.|
|No dogs allowed|
Based on a stay for 2 adultsAvailability by arrival day (British Pound (£), extras not included) (Euro (€), extras not included) (Australian Dollar (A$), extras not included) (US Dollar (US$), extras not included) (Canadian Dollar (CA$), extras not included) (Swiss Franc (CHF), extras not included) (Swedish Krona (SEK), extras not included) (Danish Krone (DKK), extras not included) (Norwegian Krone (NOK), extras not included) (Icelandic Króna (ISK), extras not included) (Argentine Peso (ARS), extras not included) (Chilean Peso (CLP), extras not included) (Peruvian Sol (PEN), extras not included) (New Zealand Dollar ($), extras not included) (South African Rand (ZAR), extras not included) (Polish Zloty (PLN), extras not included) (Brazilian Real (R$), extras not included) (Czech Koruna (CZK), extras not included) (Serbian Dinar (RSD), extras not included) (Hungarian Forint (HUF), extras not included) (Russian Rouble (RUB), extras not included) (Chinese Yuan (CN¥), extras not included)
An peaceful and quiet atmosphere 🙂 Caravan is stunning outside …
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transportation nearby
Tiny (1-10 sites)
Indoor pool nearby
- Coach stations
Garstang (Lancs): Crofters Hotel Coach Stop
— 7.5 kilometres
7.5 kilometres Preston Bus Station — 10.1 kilometres
10.1 kilometres Freckleton Coach Stop — 13.1 kilometres
- Train stations
Salwick Rail Station
— 8.7 kilometres
8.7 kilometres Preston Rail Station — 10.3 kilometres
10.3 kilometres Kirkham & Wesham Rail Station — 11.3 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Knott End-On-Sea Ferry Landing
— 19.0 kilometres
19.0 kilometres Fleetwood for Knott End Ferry Landing — 19.4 kilometres
19.4 kilometres Heysham Ferry Terminal — 23.5 kilometres
Liverpool John Lennon Airport
— 57.1 kilometres
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Flower Bowl Entertainment Centre (crazy golf, bowling, cinema etc): two minutes’ drive
- Beacon Fell: 15 minutes
- Nicky Nook trig point: 15 minutes
- Samlesbury Hall: 15 minutes
- Owl & Bird of Prey Sanctuary: 25 minutes
- Stydd Gardens: 25 minutes
- Bowland Wild Boar Park: half an hour
- Trough of Bowland: half an hour
- Blackpool: half an hour.
- Beacon Fell Country Park (6.7 kilometres)
- Forest of Bowland (10.7 kilometres)
- Blackpool Illuminations (20.7 kilometres)
- Rufford Old Hall (23.7 kilometres)
- Gawthorpe Hall (29.7 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Arrive:||1 p.m. –||Anytime|
|Depart by:||11 a.m.|
Oaktree cancellation policy
No refunds within 2 weeks of arrival date.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19. Oaktree will debit the balance from your card 2 weeks before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 2 weeks then the balance will be taken immediately.Deposit transferable during COVID-19. During COVID-19 you can transfer your deposit to a future stay booked within 3 months of your arrival date. Read more.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking.
Payment methods accepted on the parkCash
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does Oaktree have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Oaktree dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Oaktree? Attractions and activities nearby include: - Flower Bowl Entertainment Centre (crazy golf, bowling, cinema etc): two minutes’ drive - Beacon Fell: 15 minutes - Nicky Nook trig point: 15 minutes - Samlesbury … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Oaktree?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 1 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 11 a.m.
- How much does it cost to stay at Oaktree? From $167.78 (for 1 night, 2 adults) - prices may change depending on your dates and party. Check prices and availability