Why not enter some details and get an accurate price?
- Situated at the foot of Helvellyn, 300 metres' walk to Thirlmere
- A 10-minute drive from both Keswick and Grasmere on the A591
- Direct access to trails for hiking, cycling and local pubs
Thirlspot Farm Camping is slap-bang in the middle of fell-walking country, midway between Keswick and Grasmere and backed by spectacular Cumbrian views. This simple farm site welcomes families, couples, cyclists, bikers and backpackers – in fact pretty much everybody and their (well-behaved) dogs.
Straight from your pitch, you can hike up Sticks Pass to see the waterfalls, circumnavigate Thirlmere reservoir on foot, or yomp up Helvellyn. Mountain bikers might like to try out the challenging Thirlmere Dam Loop cycling route.
You're welcome to bring along a barbecue to sort your supper, but if you don't fancy that the traditional white-washed pub right next door will be the answer to your prayers, as it serves great food and equally great beers. There are also plenty of other foodie options in the market town of Keswick, a 10-minute drive north (or en route to town).
Turn right out of the campsite and you can get to buzzy Grasmere in another 10 minutes, with its natty little souvenir stores and lakeside tea shops, plus a cluster of attractions related to poet William Wordsworth.
And finally back at base, a round up of basic facilities includes hot and cold running water in the loos, showers and washing-up area, plus electrical hookups (but please note there's generally no mobile phone reception). There are a couple of house rules too: barbecues are permitted, but only if raised off the ground, and no campfires whatsoever please.
Open from 03/01/2021 to 10/31/2021
The park caters for families (immediate members) and couples only - bookings from all other forms of groups are not accepted.
Swimming in the lake is not allowed.
Under 18s must be accompanied by their parents or legal guardians.
Tents are not accepted at this park.
No bachelor/bachelorette parties permitted via Pitchup.com.
This is a quiet park: no music is allowed.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Electric optional asphalt and grass motorhome pitch
Max. persons: 6 x
One Class B motorhome or RV site allowed per pitch
Pitch size : Min 6.0m width x 8.0m depth (19.7ft width x 26.2ft depth) Calculated area: 48.0m² (516.7ft²)
Ground type: Asphalt and grass
Based on a stay for 2 adultsAvailability by arrival day (British Pound (£), extras not included) (Euro (€), extras not included) (Australian Dollar (A$), extras not included) (US Dollar (US$), extras not included) (Canadian Dollar (CA$), extras not included) (Swiss Franc (CHF), extras not included) (Swedish Krona (SEK), extras not included) (Danish Krone (DKK), extras not included) (Norwegian Krone (NOK), extras not included) (Icelandic Króna (ISK), extras not included) (Argentine Peso (ARS), extras not included) (Chilean Peso (CLP), extras not included) (Peruvian Sol (PEN), extras not included) (New Zealand Dollar ($), extras not included) (South African Rand (ZAR), extras not included) (Polish Zloty (PLN), extras not included) (Brazilian Real (R$), extras not included) (Czech Koruna (CZK), extras not included) (Serbian Dinar (RSD), extras not included) (Hungarian Forint (HUF), extras not included) (Russian Rouble (RUB), extras not included) (Chinese Yuan (CN¥), extras not included)
Great location for walking to Helvelyn. Next door to a …
Great location, lots of nice walks on the door step, …
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Public transportation nearby
Small (11-25 sites)
Mountain biking nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Water hook-up points for tourers
- Coach stations
Thirlmere Coach Stop
— 1.1 kilometres
1.1 kilometres Keswick: Bus Station — 7.9 kilometres
7.9 kilometres Grasmere Coach Stop — 11.0 kilometres
- Train stations
Windermere Rail Station
— 21.4 kilometres
21.4 kilometres Penrith North Lakes Rail Station — 22.9 kilometres
22.9 kilometres Staveley Rail Station — 24.8 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Lodore Falls Derwentwater Ferry Landing
— 5.5 kilometres
5.5 kilometres Ashness Gate Derwentwater Ferry Landing — 5.5 kilometres
5.5 kilometres High Brandelhow Ferry Landing — 6.9 kilometres
Newcastle International Airport
— 102.2 kilometres
Local attractions and activities include:
- Helvellyn: an hour and 15 minutes’ walk
- Grasmere: 10 minutes’ drive
- Keswick: 10 minutes
- Castlerigg Stone Circle: 10 minutes
- Blencathra: 20 minutes
- Whinlatter Forest Park: 20 minutes
- Skiddaw: 25 minutes’ drive
- Hawkshead: 30 minutes
- Grizedale Forest: 50 minutes.
- Castlerigg Stone Circle (6.4 kilometres)
- Ullswater Steamers (7.3 kilometres)
- Dove Cottage and the Wordsworth Museum (11.0 kilometres)
- Grasmere and Great Langdale (12.7 kilometres)
- Townend (18.1 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||11 a.m. –||7 p.m.|
|Depart by:||11 a.m.|
Thirlspot Farm Camping cancellation policy
Balance refunds: no penalties
The site is not liable for any refund in the event of force majeure.
Changes cannot be made once you have booked.
Bookings cannot be amended within 4 day(s) of arrival.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19.
The remainder is payable on arrival.
Refunds within the indicated cancellation period are only possible if the site is able to relet your unit/pitch.Deposit transferable during COVID-19. During COVID-19 you can transfer your deposit to a future stay booked within 3 months of your arrival date. Read more.
Payment methods accepted on the parkCash
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Thirlspot Farm Camping have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Thirlspot Farm Camping dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Thirlspot Farm Camping? Local attractions and activities include: - Helvellyn: an hour and 15 minutes’ walk - Grasmere: 10 minutes’ drive - Keswick: 10 minutes - Castlerigg Stone Circle: 10 minutes - Blencathra: 20 minutes … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Thirlspot Farm Camping?
Camping and touring Arrive: 11 a.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.
- How much does it cost to stay at Thirlspot Farm Camping? From $37.88 (for 1 night, 2 adults) - prices may change depending on your dates and party. Check prices and availability