Why not enter some details and get an accurate price?
- Adults-only woodland site five minutes' walk from the Cumbrian coast
- A five-minute drive from Ulverston; 15 minutes from the Lake District
- A mile from a leisure centre, food shop and meditation centre
Brick Kiln Wood is a secluded woodland site suitable for hammocks and tents. This back to basics spot has great woodland pitches and functional eco toilets, leaving the rest up to you. Want to work on your camp cooking skills, listen to the dawn chorus and identify animal tracks? This is the place to do it.
This very relaxed site is also a five-minute walk from a pebbly beach that looks out over a gorgeous estuary. After spotting more nature here and watching the world go by, you could head into Ulverston (five minutes' drive), a lively little town with lots of local heritage and a wide range of food outlets to try.
After hikes or bike rides in the nearby Lake District? The national park boundary is approximately a quarter of an hour away by road, opening up all of the hilly scenery of the splendid southern Lakes.
Please note that Brick Kiln Wood is an adults-only site and that guests under the age of 18 are not allowed on site. This is a quiet spot, so please keep the volume low between 9pm and 7am for your neighbours.
Open from 04/19/2021 to 10/03/2021
Swimming in the lake is not allowed.
Twin axle vehicles are not permitted on site.
Commercial vehicles (vehicles used for work-related purposes, carrying goods or fare-paying passengers) and sign-written vehicles are not permitted on site.
Single-sex bookings of 10 or more people (couples and immediate family members excepted) are not permitted via Pitchup.com.
Discount cards and gift vouchers cannot be applied to bookings made via Pitchup.com.
Please note that the toilet/shower facilities are unisex.
Guests under the age of 18 are not allowed on site.
No cars/motorcycles at the site. All cars must be parked in the designated area.
Minimum spacing of 2 metres between pitches.
Guests are advised to bring a good quality torch with them as parts of the site are unlit.
There are no garbage cans onsite: all garbage will need to be taken home with you.
This park has no on-site shower facilities.
This is a quiet park: no music is allowed.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Non-electric grass and earth tent pitch
Max. persons: 4 x
One Tent allowed per pitch
Pitch size : Max 6.1m width x 6.1m depth (20.0ft width x 20.0ft depth) Calculated area: 37.2m² (400.0ft²)
Ground type: Grass and earth
Based on a stay for 2 adultsAvailability by arrival day (British Pound (£), extras not included) (Euro (€), extras not included) (Australian Dollar (A$), extras not included) (US Dollar (US$), extras not included) (Canadian Dollar (CA$), extras not included) (Swiss Franc (CHF), extras not included) (Swedish Krona (SEK), extras not included) (Danish Krone (DKK), extras not included) (Norwegian Krone (NOK), extras not included) (Icelandic Króna (ISK), extras not included) (Argentine Peso (ARS), extras not included) (Chilean Peso (CLP), extras not included) (Peruvian Sol (PEN), extras not included) (New Zealand Dollar ($), extras not included) (South African Rand (ZAR), extras not included) (Polish Zloty (PLN), extras not included) (Brazilian Real (R$), extras not included) (Czech Koruna (CZK), extras not included) (Serbian Dinar (RSD), extras not included) (Hungarian Forint (HUF), extras not included) (Russian Rouble (RUB), extras not included) (Chinese Yuan (CN¥), extras not included)
Great little site, clean composing toilet, Friendly helpful owners.
Very small back to basics almost wild camping site. The …
This place was perfect for back to basics camping! We will be back.
Wild camping with benefits!
Excellent site with clean facilities, friendly staff and nice pitches
Cheap and cheerful, great location
Very pleasent place to camp would definitely visit again.
Beautiful and peaceful woodland wild camping site. It's as close …
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Tiny (1-10 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
- Coach stations
Morecambe: Central Drive Bus Station
— 17.7 kilometres
17.7 kilometres Bolton le Sands (Lancs): Coach Stop — 19.8 kilometres
19.8 kilometres Carnforth: Lancaster Rd Coach Stop — 20.4 kilometres
- Train stations
Ulverston Rail Station
— 2.4 kilometres
2.4 kilometres Cark Rail Station — 6.1 kilometres
6.1 kilometres Dalton Rail Station — 7.8 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Lakeside Windermere Ferry Landing
— 13.2 kilometres
13.2 kilometres Fell Foot Country Park Ferry Landing — 13.2 kilometres
13.2 kilometres Lake Bank (Coniston) Ferry Landing — 13.6 kilometres
Liverpool John Lennon Airport
— 94.7 kilometres
Local attractions and activities include:
- Laurel and Hardy Museum: five minutes' drive
- Conishead Priory (Buddhist centre): five minutes
- Sir John Barrow Monument: 10 minutes
- South Lakes Safari Zoo: 15 minutes
- Furness Abbey: 20 minutes
- Sandscale Haws National Nature Reserve: 20 minutes
- Coniston Water: 20 minutes
- Lake Windermere: 20 minutes
- Holker Hall and Gardens (5.5 kilometres)
- South Lakes Wild Animal Park (7.0 kilometres)
- Lakeland Motor Museum (10.3 kilometres)
- Cartmel Priory Gatehouse (7.7 kilometres)
- Dalton Castle (8.2 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||2 p.m. –||8 p.m.|
|Depart by:||12:30 p.m.|
Brick Kiln Wood cancellation policy
No refunds within 2 days of arrival date.
Changes cannot be made once you have booked.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19. Brick Kiln Wood will debit the balance from your card 1 week before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 1 week then the balance will be taken immediately.Deposit transferable during COVID-19. During COVID-19 you can transfer your deposit to a future stay booked within 3 months of your arrival date. Read more.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking.
Payment methods accepted on the parkBank transfer
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does Brick Kiln Wood have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Brick Kiln Wood dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Brick Kiln Wood? Local attractions and activities include: - Laurel and Hardy Museum: five minutes' drive - Conishead Priory (Buddhist centre): five minutes - Sir John Barrow Monument: 10 minutes - South Lakes Safari Zoo: … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Brick Kiln Wood?
Camping and touring Arrive: 2 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 12:30 p.m.
- How much does it cost to stay at Brick Kiln Wood? From $49.39 (for 1 night, 2 adults) - prices may change depending on your dates and party. Check prices and availability