This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Scenic wild camping meadow right next to Hadrian's Wall Path
- A 10-minute drive to Hexham; half an hour to Newcastle
- Close to Northern Saints Trail and St Oswald's Way for walkers
Hadrian’s Meadow is a wild camping site in an excellent Northumberland location right next to the Hadrian’s Wall Path, around 15 minutes’ drive from Hexham.
The site’s no-frills pitches are in an old estate meadow on the south side of the wall, surrounded by mature trees, dry stone walls and hedges for plenty of peace and privacy. Look out over the wall and you’ll often spy rare-breed sheep and pigs; wilder visitors to the site include foxes, hedgehogs and hares, and you may well catch the sound of woodpeckers and owls too.
There are gorgeous views galore around here: from the pitches you’ll see sweeping views to the west as the wall runs towards Kielder Forest. Just over the road is St Oswald’s Church, from where you can peek across to the Cheviot Hills stretching north across the Scottish borders.
Unsurprisingly, this is a particularly fine spot for those seeking to explore the area’s history – the Heaven Field Battle Site and the Planetrees Roman turret are both a few minutes’ walk away and there’s plenty more beyond that. This is also a great location for walkers and cyclists, as it’s on the Northern Saints Trail and St Oswald's Way as well as Hadrian's Wall Path itself.
Life on site is generally frill-free, but guests will have access to a simple composting toilet and a supply of drinking water (and you can buy extra bottles on site if you’re in need of them). Campfires are permitted only in the firepits provided by the site and make a fine way to keep warm on an evening of stargazing – this is a dark sky area so you should be in for a good display. Barbecues are welcome too as long as they're raised off the ground.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
From the manager...
Dear Carol- There are NO hidden charges on our site- the FirePit Grills and pricing are clearly labelled both on the Entrance gate - and above the FirePit collection point.
Well worth a look if you want a quite relaxing camping break.
Attentive, friendly owner and plenty of space.
Peaceful location, would stay again
Nice and peaceful
Will be back 😁
Check-in: self check-in (unattended)
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Tiny (1-10 sites)
- Coach stations
— 15.9 kilometres
15.9 kilometres Village road end — 16.4 kilometres
16.4 kilometres Hotel — 17.1 kilometres
- Train stations
Hexham Rail Station
— 5.0 kilometres
5.0 kilometres Corbridge Rail Station — 7.9 kilometres
7.9 kilometres Haydon Bridge Rail Station — 10.5 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Tower Knowe Ferry Landing
— 29.6 kilometres
29.6 kilometres Belvedere Ferry Landing — 31.6 kilometres
31.6 kilometres Leaplish Ferry Landing — 33.2 kilometres
Newcastle International Airport
— 25.1 kilometres
Local attractions and activities include:
- Chesters Roman Fort and Museum: five minutes’ drive
- Hexham Abbey: 10 minutes
- Corbridge (Roman town): 10 minutes
- Brocksbushes Pick Your Own Fruit Farm: 10 minutes
- Housesteads Roman Fort: 10 minutes
- Allen Banks & Staward Gorge (nature reserve): 20 minutes
- National Trust Wallington: 25 minutes
- Newcastle upon Tyne: half an hour
- Kielder Water & Forest Park (designated dark sky area): 45 minutes.
- Chesters Roman Fort (2.7 kilometres)
- Hadrian's Wall Path National Trail (5.8 kilometres)
- Housesteads Roman Fort (14.6 kilometres)
- Hadrian's Wall and Housesteads Fort (13.9 kilometres)
- Cherryburn (15.4 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||3:30 p.m. –||8 p.m.|
|Depart by:||11 a.m.|
Hadrian's Meadow cancellation policy
No refunds within 4 days of arrival date.
The park is not liable for any refund in the event of force majeure.
Bookings cannot be amended within 4 day(s) of arrival.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19. Hadrian's Meadow will debit the balance from your card 1 week before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 1 week then the balance will be taken immediately.
Refunds within the indicated cancellation period are only possible if the site is able to relet your unit/pitch.Deposit transferable during COVID-19. During COVID-19 you can transfer your deposit to a future stay booked within 3 months of your arrival date. Read more.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking.
Payment methods accepted on the parkBank transfer
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does Hadrian's Meadow have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Hadrian's Meadow dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Hadrian's Meadow? Local attractions and activities include: - Chesters Roman Fort and Museum: five minutes’ drive - Hexham Abbey: 10 minutes - Corbridge (Roman town): 10 minutes - Brocksbushes Pick Your Own Fruit Farm: … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Hadrian's Meadow?
Camping and touring Arrive: 3:30 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.