This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Back-to-basics flower meadow camping on a working Northumberland farm
- Edging Northumberland National Park; Alnwick Castle 30 minutes’ drive
- Wild camping with moorland walks from site and cycling routes close by
Alnham Farm Campsite is located on a family-run farm deep in rural Northumberland. The secluded camping field has views to the Cheviot foothills on the edge of the spectacular Northumberland National Park, and it’s a smashing base for families keen to explore countryside and the North Sea coastline.
Walkers can disappear off into the national park, with bridle paths and hiking trails leading from the site to wild moorland and impressive waterfalls. Bikers have it good here too, as the camping field is adjacent to the National Cycle Route 68, running north to Berwick-upon-Tweed.
As well as beaches – sandy Druridge Bay (45 minutes’ drive) has miles of space for kids to run around on – this is the land of majestic castles, with wild cows at Chillingham, plus a poison garden and Harry Potter film locations at Alnwick (both 30 minutes) making smashing days out with the kids.
It's an off-grid setup here: the site has spacious pitches with basic facilities including running water and portaloos. There is no electricity so a torch should definitely be on the list of packing essentials, but as this part of Northumberland is in a dark-skies park, you’ll be able to study the Milky Way glittering far above on clear nights. Handily, firepits are available for hire on site if you fear getting chilly while you stargaze (and each one comes with a good bag of logs too).
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Excellent site clean facilities, friendly owners
Excellent site, peaceful, friendly hosts.
Basic site. No showers but great for a night.
Simple and beautiful, with a warm welcome, excellent firepit offered, …
Peaceful basic site in stunning location
Peaceful, friendly site in a beautiful location.
Friendly owner peaceful location
Remote, dark skies, flat, well maintained , Simple, spacious
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Tiny (1-10 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Mountain biking nearby
- Coach stations
— 18.9 kilometres
18.9 kilometres Redewater View — 21.1 kilometres
21.1 kilometres Redewater View — 21.1 kilometres
- Train stations
Alnmouth Rail Station
— 23.4 kilometres
23.4 kilometres Acklington Rail Station — 24.4 kilometres
24.4 kilometres Chathill Rail Station — 24.8 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Tower Knowe Ferry Landing
— 38.4 kilometres
38.4 kilometres Belvedere Ferry Landing — 38.6 kilometres
38.6 kilometres Leaplish Ferry Landing — 40.9 kilometres
Newcastle International Airport
— 43.9 kilometres
Local attractions and activities include:
- Northumberland National Park: five minutes’ drive
- National Trust - Cragside: 25 minutes
- Alnwick Castle: 30 minutes
- Chillingham Castle (wild cattle): 30 minutes
- Linhope Spout Waterfall: 40 minutes
- Northumberland Country Zoo: 40 minutes
- Druridge Bay Country Park (beach): 45 minutes
- Bamburgh Castle: 50 minutes
- Kielder Forest Park: 50 minutes
- Hadrian’s Wall: an hour
- Cragside House, Gardens and Estate (11.7 kilometres)
- Alnwick Castle (19.0 kilometres)
- The Alnwick Garden (19.6 kilometres)
- Cragside (11.0 kilometres)
- Wallington (26.9 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||11 a.m. –||Anytime|
|Depart by:||10 a.m.|
Alnham Farm Campsite cancellation policy
Balance refunds: no penalties
Bookings cannot be amended within 3 day(s) of arrival.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19. Alnham Farm Campsite will debit the balance from your card 1 week before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 1 week then the balance will be taken immediately.Deposit transferable during COVID-19. During COVID-19 you can transfer your deposit to a future stay booked within 3 months of your arrival date. Read more.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking.
Payment methods accepted on the parkCash
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does Alnham Farm Campsite have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Alnham Farm Campsite dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Alnham Farm Campsite? Local attractions and activities include: - Northumberland National Park: five minutes’ drive - National Trust - Cragside: 25 minutes - Alnwick Castle: 30 minutes - Chillingham Castle (wild cattle): 30 minutes - … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Alnham Farm Campsite?
Camping and touring Arrive: 11 a.m. – Anytime Depart by: 10 a.m.