This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful park near the River Thames with sports facilities for hire
- A 10-minute walk from Wallingford and a 30-minute drive to Oxford
- Rugby, football, all-weather pitches; skittles hall, tennis courts
The clue’s in the name with this one… energetic types can sprint their way towards Wallingford Sports Park in Oxfordshire for athletic hours on a 26-acre site with a fab floodlit all-weather astroturf pitch available for hire. The three full-size football grounds, five rugby fields, five tennis courts, three squash centres and petanque play area can also be rented for group games.
Party planning? Event halls are also here (including one with a skittles alley) if you’re celebrating something special. And even if guests are simply seeking a weekend in Wallingford on the River Thames? The park’s prime as it’s less than a 10-minute walk away from the centre of this market town.
When you’re not perusing the pubs in the local area, a bar and clubhouse is on site for drinks, and Wallingford has a whole host of restaurants and supermarkets. A small museum in an old Tudor house and a castle are also here for cultural times in between footie fixtures or tennis tournaments.
If basking beside the mighty Thames sounds top, take yourself off to the banks 20 minutes’ walk away and watch the rowers; this being Oxfordshire, canoeing clubs are by the water’s edge. If a walk is wanted, you can join The Ridgeway here, an ancient track following Britain’s oldest road for 87 miles from Wiltshire’s Overton Hill in the Avebury World Heritage Site to Buckinghamshire’s Ivinghoe Beacon, or simply saunter along the riverbed…
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Great secure site, easy access to town, 5 minute walk to supermarket.
Great location to Wallingford, relaxed and friendly environment.
Clean well kept site. Friendly greeting on arrival.
Noisy, right by a busy road. Don't even go there without ear plugs.
Overall great experience, would highly recommend
Different kind of site, but lovely staff
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transportation nearby
Medium (26-50 sites)
Touring and motorhomes
- Coach stations
Lewknor Turn M40 J6
— 14.9 kilometres
14.9 kilometres St Clements Street — 18.3 kilometres
18.3 kilometres Calcot Sainsbury's — 18.3 kilometres
- Train stations
Cholsey Rail Station
— 3.3 kilometres
3.3 kilometres Didcot Parkway Rail Station — 7.1 kilometres
7.1 kilometres Appleford Rail Station — 8.3 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Shepperton Ferry Landing
— 53.3 kilometres
London Oxford Airport
— 28.6 kilometres
28.6 kilometres London Heathrow Airport Terminal 5 — 47.6 kilometres
You’re never far from forays to a fancy mansion in England, and Nuffield Place at the edges of the Chiltern Hills Area of National Beauty is your nearest from this site at 10 minutes’ drive away. The inside’s been kept exactly the same as it was in the 1930s when William Morris lived here.
To see model trains from the same era, the galleries of Pendon Museum made up of miniature scenes of villages, railways and landscapes are a 15-minute drive.
Older still are Dorchester Abbey (also 15 minutes away) and the National Trust’s Tudor-style Greys Court country house (a 20-minute journey) right by renowned regatta town Henley-on-Thames. The River & Rowing Museum here is worth a punt or you can head off further and slalom down the slopes at the Bracknell Ski Centre 40 minutes away.
For culture vultures, Oxford’s not to be missed – this city is a 30-minute drive north for checking out the posh university college buildings and world-class Ashmolean Museum of Art and Archaeology.
- Didcot Railway Centre (7.1 kilometres)
- University of Oxford Botanic Garden (18.5 kilometres)
- Christ Church Cathedral (18.6 kilometres)
- Basildon Park (11.2 kilometres)
- Priory Cottages (13.0 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Wallingford Sports Park have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Wallingford Sports Park dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Wallingford Sports Park? You’re never far from forays to a fancy mansion in England, and Nuffield Place at the edges of the Chiltern Hills Area of National Beauty is your nearest from this site at … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Wallingford Sports Park?
Camping and touring Arrive: Anytime – Anytime Depart by: Anytime