Why not enter some details and get an accurate price?
- Back-to-basics Peak District site, a five-minute drive from Hartington
- Peak Wildlife Park 15 minutes’ drive; Alton Towers half an hour
- Dark night skies and expansive views, plus a fresh water supply
If you intend to explore the Peak District on your next holiday, Gateham Grange Camping, a family-friendly site between Hartington and Alstonefield (a five-minute drive from either) might just be the accommodation you’re looking for.
You’ll be staying on a working farm (and since cows and dogs don’t always play well together, no canine buddies are allowed), and the large field can be booked for exclusive use by groups. In other words, this is just the place for a family gathering.
This is prime walking country, so lace up your boots and start exploring nearby areas like the Manifold Valley (10 minutes’ drive), with sites like the dramatic Thor's Cave, and the Dove Valley, where highlights include Baley Hill and Wolfscote Dale (both within a 10-minute drive).
On site are three portaloos, a plumbed outdoor stainless-steel sink and a fresh water supply. Please be aware that there is no hot water available. However, the back-to-basics approach is more than compensated for by far-reaching views of the surrounding hills and the starry spectacle of the night sky.
There is also good road access, and the local bus service (Moorlands Connect, bookable via telephone or App) arranges doorstep pick-up and return to local towns and villages. It even has room for bikes, so if you cycled too far and cannot face the ride back to base, you’re sorted. There’s a local farm shop and convenience stores in Hartington, which also has several pubs.
Open from 06/20/2022 to 09/30/2022
At least one of the party members must be aged 21 or over.
No hen/stag parties permitted via Pitchup.com.
Guests are advised to bring a good quality torch with them as parts of the campground/park are unlit.
There is no reception building on-site: on arrival please contact the number provided on your booking confirmation.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Unpowered grass tent or trailer tent site
Max. persons: unlimited x
Site size : unlimited
Ground type: Grass
Sole use of the field.
A maximum of 30 tents are permitted
Based on a stay for 2 adultsAvailability by arrival day (British Pound (£), extras not included) (Euro (€), extras not included) (Australian Dollar (A$), extras not included) (US Dollar (US$), extras not included) (Canadian Dollar (CA$), extras not included) (Swiss Franc (CHF), extras not included) (Swedish Krona (SEK), extras not included) (Danish Krone (DKK), extras not included) (Norwegian Krone (NOK), extras not included) (Icelandic Króna (ISK), extras not included) (Argentine Peso (ARS), extras not included) (Chilean Peso (CLP), extras not included) (Peruvian Sol (PEN), extras not included) (New Zealand Dollar ($), extras not included) (South African Rand (ZAR), extras not included) (Polish Zloty (PLN), extras not included) (Brazilian Real (R$), extras not included) (Czech Koruna (CZK), extras not included) (Serbian Dinar (RSD), extras not included) (Hungarian Forint (HUF), extras not included) (Russian Rouble (RUB), extras not included) (Chinese Yuan (CN¥), extras not included)
Excellent site with clean facilities, friendly staff and levels pitch
From the manager...
Thank you for your kind review. I'm so pleased that the group enjoyed their stay. Thank you for leaving the site lovely and clean for us :)
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
D. of E. welcome
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No hot water
Dog walk nearby
Small (11-25 sites)
Tiny (1-10 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
- Coach stations
— 15.1 kilometres
15.1 kilometres Buxton Road — 15.1 kilometres
15.1 kilometres Fishpond Hotel — 17.3 kilometres
- Train stations
Matlock Bath Rail Station
— 17.7 kilometres
17.7 kilometres Matlock Rail Station — 17.8 kilometres
17.8 kilometres Buxton Rail Station — 18.0 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Liverpool Pier Head Ferry Terminal
— 85.1 kilometres
Manchester Airport Terminal 3
— 41.0 kilometres
41.0 kilometres Manchester Airport — 41.2 kilometres
41.2 kilometres Manchester Airport Terminal 1 — 41.3 kilometres
Local attractions and activities include:
- Ilam Park: 10 minutes’ drive
- Dovedale ravine: 15 minutes
- Peak Wildlife Park: 15 minutes
- Tissington Trail: 20 minutes
- Tittesworth Reservoir: 25 minutes
- Carsington Water: half an hour
- Alton Towers theme park: half an hour
- Rudyard Lake: 40 minutes
- Alton Towers Resort (14.2 kilometres)
- Haddon Hall (14.5 kilometres)
- Sir Richard Arkwright's Masson Mills (17.2 kilometres)
- Winster Market House (12.5 kilometres)
- The Old Manor (14.7 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and caravan|
|Arrive:||1 p.m. –||5 p.m.|
|Depart by:||10 a.m.|
Gateham Grange Camping cancellation policy
No refunds within 1 week of arrival date.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
A 15% non-refundable deposit is payable now. Gateham Grange Camping will debit the balance from your card 1 week before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 1 week then the balance will be taken immediately.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking, or at any point before the due date.
Payment methods accepted on the parkBank transfer
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does Gateham Grange Camping have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Gateham Grange Camping dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Gateham Grange Camping? Local attractions and activities include: - Ilam Park: 10 minutes’ drive - Dovedale ravine: 15 minutes - Peak Wildlife Park: 15 minutes - Tissington Trail: 20 minutes - Tittesworth Reservoir: 25 minutes … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Gateham Grange Camping?
Camping and caravan Arrive: 1 p.m. – 5 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.
- How much does it cost to stay at Gateham Grange Camping? From $150.25 (for 1 night, 14 people) - prices may change depending on your dates and party. Check prices and availability