This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Family-friendly, peaceful site on the River Thames near Pangbourne
- Basildon Park 10 minutes' walk away; Oxford 40 minutes' drive
- Within the grounds of Beale Park, with wildlife park and watersports
Fans of a watery view or few, roll up to Berkshire site Otters Camping, within Beale Park just over a mile from Pangbourne.
Lake view or river view? They’re both on offer here – the pitches look out over a lovely lake (which is also available for swimming and paddleboarding, with free rental wetsuits for site guests), with the River Thames just behind. Strolls along the Thames Path come highly recommended (it’ll take you 25 minutes or so to wander to Pangbourne for pubs and restaurants), as do quieter days of simply sitting on site and soaking up the views out over the river to the hills beyond.
That proximity to the Thames Path means that this would be a fine stopover for those tackling the whole of that long-distance challenge – as indeed it would for those following the Ridgeway National Trail or King Alfred’s Way, which both also pass by.
Even those not planning on multi-day hikes can ditch the car for a while on a stay here: wander over to the National Trust’s Basildon Park, just over the road, or take advantage of your guest discount to meet the critters at Beale Park’s wildlife park. There’s also a company running outdoor activities in the adjacent field – see if you can sign up there for laser tag, archery, clay shooting or a run on the obstacle course.
The peaceful pitches here have been set up with access to running water and toilets, and there’s a small food shop on site too. Barbecues and campfires are permitted for your alfresco eats, and you’re also allowed to bring dogs along (let’s face it, they’ll love all this walking…)
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
This is a lovely place for camping, right next to …
Very basic site with hardly any amenities but great location
Great little campsite, well located with friendly staff
Really nice chilled out site. 20 odd of us went and will be back asap
Capacity reduced to increase social distancing
More frequent emptying of bins
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Medium (26-50 sites)
Leisure/theme park nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
- Coach stations
— 7.2 kilometres
7.2 kilometres Bus Station — 18.5 kilometres
18.5 kilometres Lewknor Turn M40 J6 — 21.8 kilometres
- Train stations
Pangbourne Rail Station
— 2.0 kilometres
2.0 kilometres Goring & Streatley Rail Station — 3.0 kilometres
3.0 kilometres Tilehurst Rail Station — 6.4 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Shepperton Ferry Landing
— 47.2 kilometres
47.2 kilometres Weybridge Ferry Landing — 47.3 kilometres
London Oxford Airport
— 39.7 kilometres
39.7 kilometres London Heathrow Airport Terminal 5 — 43.3 kilometres
43.3 kilometres London Heathrow Airport Terminal 3 — 45.2 kilometres
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Basildon Park (National Trust): 10 minutes’ walk
- Bozedown Alpacas: 10 minutes' drive
- The Living Rainforest: 15 minutes
- West Berkshire Brewery: 15 minutes
- Island Farm Donkey Sanctuary: 25 minutes
- Bucklebury Farm & Deer Safari Park: 25 minutes
- Silchester Roman City Walls & Amphitheatre: half an hour
- Highclere Castle: 35 minutes
- Oxford: 40 minutes.
- Didcot Railway Centre (15.5 kilometres)
- West Wycombe Park (23.0 kilometres)
- Highclere Castle and Gardens (25.8 kilometres)
- Basildon Park (0.8 kilometres)
- Greys Court (11.8 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||2 p.m. –||6 p.m.|
|Depart by:||10 a.m.|
Otters Camping cancellation policy
No refunds within 5 weeks of arrival date.
Changes cannot be made once you have booked.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19. Otters Camping will debit the balance from your card 10 weeks before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 10 weeks then the balance will be taken immediately.Deposit transferable during COVID-19. During COVID-19 you can transfer your deposit to a future stay booked within 3 months of your arrival date. Read more.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking.
Payment methods accepted on the parkPayPal
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does Otters Camping have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Otters Camping dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Otters Camping? Attractions and activities nearby include: - Basildon Park (National Trust): 10 minutes’ walk - Bozedown Alpacas: 10 minutes' drive - The Living Rainforest: 15 minutes - West Berkshire Brewery: 15 minutes - … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Otters Camping?
Camping and touring Arrive: 2 p.m. – 6 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.