This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Family-run site 900 metres from the beach and Tamarit Castle
- Ten minutes' drive from Tarragona and 20 from PortAventura World
- Big pool, playground, beach shuttle and traditional Spanish food
A tiptop Tarragona time will be had by all at Camping Caledonia on the Spanish coast: it's less than a kilometre from a famed sandy beach, an easy amble from a treetop adventure park, a short drive from PortAventura... and a drive of a mere 10 minutes or so to the splendid old city of Tarragona.
The beach is that of Tamarit, famed in this part of Catalonian coast for its long length of golden sand and spectacular Tamarit Castle, sitting above these beaut sands since the 11th century. Platja Llarga, a family-friendly beach with calm waters for safe paddling, is a short drive away.
This is an old part of ancient Catalonia, so you're well set for delving into the traditions and tasty treats of the region, whether at Tarragona, further afield at Barcelona or just via an easy ambling time around the surrounding coastline. Or stay on site instead, for Spanish cuisine at the restaurant or to grill up your own efforts on the communal barbecues.
Camping Caledonia's restaurant overlooks the 300m² pool and roomy paddling pool, both of which have plenty of space alongside for soaking up the Spanish sun. Also among the leisure options are a good-sized playground, a free miniature golf course and a tennis court; regular entertainment and activities including sports tournaments and a kids' club run in July and August.
And another tiptop feature of this smashing coastal site? If you can't be faffed with the walk to the beach in hot high season, a shuttle bus runs from here straight to the sands.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Public transport nearby
Large (51-200 pitches)
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Drainage hook-up points for tourers
Water hook-up points for tourers
The beach of Tamarit 900 metres from the site runs for over a kilometre and a half of scenic coastline, edged on one side by Tamarit Castle. The sands are well sorted for facilities and amenities in summer, including a bar and coffee shop, bike rental, drink and ice cream sales, beach bars and restaurants.
Family days are a cinch to sort from here both within walking and driving distance: within a kilometre there's the Jungle Trek treetop adventure park, one of the biggest amusement parks in Catalonia, while 20 minutes' drive will take you to PortAventura World, the most visited theme park in Spain, or to Aquópolis, the big waterpark five minutes at La Pineda. The family-friendly beach of Playa de la Mora is within a couple of kilometres.
And then, of course, it's time for a few days in Tarragona. Reach this spectacular city in around 10 minutes by car along the A7, or in about 35 minutes by bus from the stop 700 metres from Camping Caledonia, for sights such as its ancient cathedral and its Roman ruins including the city walls, a circus and an amphitheatre.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Camping Caledonia have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Camping Caledonia dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Caledonia? The beach of Tamarit 900 metres from the site runs for over a kilometre and a half of scenic coastline, edged on one side by Tamarit Castle. The sands are well sorted … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Camping Caledonia?
Camping and touring Arrive: 1 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: noon