This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful site with a small pond surrounded by lush countryside views
- A 10-minute drive from Vircava and 25 minutes from Jelgava and Bauska
- Wifi, trampoline, volleyball court, play areas, firepit and barbecues
Relocate to a rural spot in Latvia and have yourself a serene stay at Stūrzemnieki, a peaceful park in the middle of some stellar scenery.
This park, a 10-minute drive from Vircava in the Jelgava area, is a prime place for sprawling out with a good book on the grassy grounds or under the trees by the pond in between explores in the local area. During the evenings – post-adventure – soak up the warmth from the firepit while chatting about tomorrow’s plans with other guests, then stoke up the barbecue to get grub on the go.
If you’re after active times during the day, the volleyball court and trampoline will get you moving, plus there’s ample space on the lawns of this fenced park for the sprogs to run amok. Need extra resources to entertain the most energetic of kids? The outdoor play equipment, plus the selection of board games and puzzles available to borrow, should help.
When you’re heading away from base to investigate some of Latvia’s culture and history, Rundāle Palace and Museum is a 15-minute drive, Bauskas Castle is 25 minutes and it takes an hour and 10 minutes to reach Riga.
Other handy facilities at this smasher of a site include wifi, free parking and a shower.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Small (11-25 pitches)
Outdoor pool nearby
Roam the grounds of Rundāle Palace and Museum (15 minutes’ drive), one of two big baroque buildings created for the Courland dukes during the 18th century, then stroll around Bauska castle, scenically set on a spit of land at the confluence of a couple of rivers in the town of the same name (25 minutes).
That other aforementioned baroque building is Jelgava Palace (30 minutes), the largest in the Baltic states – have a jaunt here and get a glimpse of its Kurzeme Dukes Crypt, a burial chamber with a collection of ornate coffins.
It can get a little stuffy in the cellar, so set off for the Pils Salas Skatu Tornis observation tower (30 minutes) next and let the fresh air waft over you as you admire the far-reaching views over the countryside. Ozolnieku Ezers lake (half an hour) should be next on the list if you’d like to spend a little more time out in the open air.
Still not done with historical wanders? Venture to Valgunde, a women’s Orthodox monastery (40 minutes), and make sure to set aside at least a day of your hols for ambles around the Art Nouveau architecture of Riga (an hour and 10 minutes) as well.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||5 p.m. –||9 p.m.|
|Depart by:||1 p.m.|
|Arrive:||5 p.m. –||9 p.m.|
|Depart by:||1 p.m.|
Stūrzemnieki cancellation policy
Balance refunds: no penalties
Changes cannot be made once you have booked.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19.
The remainder is payable on arrival.
Payment methods accepted on the parkCash
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Stūrzemnieki have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Stūrzemnieki dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Stūrzemnieki? Roam the grounds of Rundāle Palace and Museum (15 minutes’ drive), one of two big baroque buildings created for the Courland dukes during the 18th century, then stroll around Bauska castle, scenically … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Stūrzemnieki?
Camping and touring Arrive: 5 p.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: 1 p.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 5 p.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: 1 p.m.