This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Lush and peaceful site with the Great River running alongside
- Ziplining, tubing, waterpark and coral reef snorkelling within an hour
- Fishing pond and spectacular gardens, plus river rafting next door
What a lush island spot: laid out across one verdant acre among spectacularly landscaped grounds, the green and serene site of Calming Waters Riverside Camping Area is surrounded by mountains and foothills, has the fish-laden turquoise waters of the Great River meandering peacefully alongside, as well as a fishing pond on site too for angling addicts to have their fishy fill.
You’re within an hour’s drive of Montego Bay and its airport on Jamaica’s north coast, filled with beaches and golf courses and home to the seaside slides and wave pools of Aquasol waterpark, plus snorkelling and diving around the protected coral reefs that make up Montego Bay Marine Park.
For days around the locale, the site has direct links with local tour guides who know the river like the back of their hand and can show you the best spots to raft around and take you the area’s topping outdoor attractions too, like the ziplining and tubing park towards the island’s north coast.
Calming Waters’ shared outdoor pool is open from the morning right through to the evening, and the river is swimmable from morning until dusk; the property is fully fenced and security cameras are in operation too.
When it comes to eats, self-catering here is a doddle: campfires and barbecues are allowed and you can buy firewood and rent coolers from the owner too, plus a big grocery store and a good local eatery are both a short drive away.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Lake and/or mountain
Public transport nearby
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Amenities on site
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Gas cylinders available
Small (11-25 pitches)
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
As this site sits right by the river, it’s got super easy access to river rafting, and a ziplining and tubing park too is within an hour’s drive for zooms through the lush mountain valley led by friendly tour guides. The site owners are highly knowledgeable about the island so can also arrange other excursions to local waterfalls, beaches and rum distilleries, so whatever your holiday bent they’ve got it sorted.
Also an hour’s drive away are the resorts and famed beaches of Montego Bay; relaxed sorts should head here to laze around beachfront bars and restaurants around seaside spots like Doctors Cave and Walter Fletcher, and souvenir hunters for tours of the shops and crafts markets.
Bird and flower fanciers should most certainly head the hour-and-a-half’s drive to Barney's Flower and Hummingbird Garden on the coast in Negril: built up over years by the man himself, this famed garden naturally attracts little humming sorts from all over, which visitors can feed and simultaneously fawn over while wandering around what’s oft described as the ‘Garden of Eden’.
- Does Calming Waters Riverside Camping Area have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Calming Waters Riverside Camping Area dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Calming Waters Riverside Camping Area? As this site sits right by the river, it’s got super easy access to river rafting, and a ziplining and tubing park too is within an hour’s drive for zooms through the ... Read more
When can I check in and check out of Calming Waters Riverside Camping Area?
Camping and touring Arrive: 12:30 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 11:30 a.m.