This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- By the Loire River
- Many walking and cycle routes available, canoeing and kayaking
- Only 10 minutes from Orléans and its attractions
On the outskirts of Orléans, in the green nature reserve of Saint-Mesmin right by the Loire River, lies La Fontaine de Rabelais, a convenient base for exploring the Loire valley, its beautiful castles and the great outdoors.
Wake up in the morning, walk a few steps to the banks of the river where you can sit and enjoy your breakfast whilst surrounded by resident ducks. Head off for a cycle or hire a canoe/kayak, perfect for exploring the river.
The site is equipped with a toilet block with free hot shower and suited for guests with reduced mobility.
Moreover, Orléans is only 10 minutes away, and provides a wide range of activities and historic attractions, bars, shops, and restaurants.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Tents for hire
D. of E. welcome
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Large (51-200 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Motorhome service point
Water hook-up points for tourers
Discover Orléans, on the Loire River, located just 10 minutes away from the campsite. Visit the seventeenth-century Gothic cathedral of Sainte-Croix, walk along the Rue Jeanne d'Arc to the Place Charles de Gaulle, where you can see the famous historic house of Joan of Arc.
Explore the historic centre, a large area between the river and the cathedral, or walk along the river banks and sit and relax in one of the many cafés. In the city, you will find several green areas to chill out and enjoy a picnic, such as the Parc Pasteur, the Parc Floral de la Source, and the nineteenth-century botanical gardens at Jardin des Plantes.
And for art lovers, don't miss out the popular Museum of Fine Arts, displaying a vast collection of paintings from the sixteenth and eighteenth century, including famous works by Velasquez. Other important museums are the Natural Sciences Museum and the History and Archaeology Museum.
Don't forget to explore the worldwide famous Loire Valley, with its beautiful natural landscapes, historic towns and villages and fairy-tale châteaux.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does La Fontaine de Rabelais have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is La Fontaine de Rabelais dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near La Fontaine de Rabelais? Discover Orléans, on the Loire River, located just 10 minutes away from the campsite. Visit the seventeenth-century Gothic cathedral of Sainte-Croix, walk along the Rue Jeanne d'Arc to the Place Charles de … Read more
When can I check in and check out of La Fontaine de Rabelais?
Camping and touring Arrive: 8 a.m. – Anytime Depart by: Anytime