This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful Loire Valley site 45km from Orléans
- Close to the Loire à vélo 800km cycle trail
- Restaurant, pool and well-stocked site shop
What a green and lovely site this is. Camping Touristique de Gien is in the Loire Valley, surrounded by many a walking and cycling trail including the local stretch of the 800-kilometre long Loire à vélo, running through the valley and along the Loire river – don't forget your camera, and oui, bikes can be hired from the de Gien site team.
De Gien is a peaceful and family-friendly campsite, about 45 kilometres from both the city of Gien and the Loiret department's jazzy capital of Orléans. It has a relaxed atmosphere and modern facilities, including a pool, a play area and a pétanque court, as well as mini-golf and ping-pong tables for the kids. Fishing is available on site and canoeing, kayaking and horse riding are all easy to access nearby.
As it's the Loire Valley, you'll need to try out the local cuisine too: this can be fully delved into at the site restaurant's meals or takeaway, and at the on-site grocery shop Aux Quat’Saisons, selling local treats such as wine, honey, cheese and the gâteaux.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Tents for hire
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Jumbo tent pitches
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Large (51-200 pitches)
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Mountain biking nearby
As well as the outdoorsy options all around, several townie and city days are easy to get to from Camping Touristique de Gien.
Both the River Loire city of Gien and the department capital of Orléans are 45 kilometres away: potter around the first for a twelfth century castle, International Museum of Hunting of Gien and the vast ceramics museum, and the second for many more museums, the House of Joan of Arc, the Orléans port and green spaces galore. For day trips, Nevers and Bourges are both 90 kilometres away and Paris is 150km from the site.
For a quieter vibe closer to home, have a day in and around the village of Briare at the end of the Briare Canal, pottering along the waterfront of the Port de Plaisance then strolling along the banks of the canal to cross the Pont Canal de Briare, the longest metal bridge in France.
- Does Camping Touristique de Gien have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Camping Touristique de Gien dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Touristique de Gien? As well as the outdoorsy options all around, several townie and city days are easy to get to from Camping Touristique de Gien. Both the River Loire city of Gien and the … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Camping Touristique de Gien?
Camping and touring Arrive: 8 a.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: noon