This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful family site among a huge landscaped garden
- Two lakes for fishing and canoeing; Loire river a few kilometres away
- Wellness centre, pools, miniature golf, archery, restaurant and bar
Do you yearn to take the kids on hol but also be in a serene setting among lush surroundings and flowery gardens? See small sorts blossom at pretty and peaceful Camping Les Bois du Bardelet near Gien in the Loiret department, among lakes and trees for days of fishing, canoeing or just idling around these lovely grounds.
Les Bois du Bardelet is in a huge and flowery landscaped garden, with two lakes for fishing and canoeing. This is a luxury site, with excellently maintained facilities and an amiable, helpful team ready to assist with whatever you need: the friendliness of the staff here is just one of the reasons why former guests return.
There's both an outdoor and indoor pool for guests, along with (splendid idea) a big indoor paddling pool for kids with slides and toys so they can let off steam whatever the weather. This is best done while the grownups bubble gently in the Jacuzzi or sauna, part of the smart wellness centre on site where you can book Shiatsu massage and beauty treatments to keep you suitably soothed.
Miniature golf and archery are also on target to keep you occupied, as are tennis courts and ping pong tables, a volleyball court and a fitness suite. The restaurant, also acclaimed by guests, has a covered terrace overlooking one of the lakes; a bar with terrace for aperitifs or after-dinner wine is in the same handsome building.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Nearby farmers' market
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
Horse riding nearby
This lush land is close to the Loire river, among the castles, history, vineyards and old villages of the UNESCO-listed Loire Valley. The Camping Les Bois du Bardelet team arranges excursions to famed châteaux and vineyards in the region, as well as riverboat trips: have a natter with the staff on reception to see what's on offer during your stay.
Hire bikes for the family on site to take out on the many local cycle paths, starting a couple of kilometres from the grounds. If you'd rather wander, stride onto the waymarked footpath accessible straight from the site, and venture off into the countryside with the assistance of walking notes or maps from the staff. The Loire river is about five kilometres from here for riverside meanders.
Camping Les Bois du Bardelet is about 15 minutes' drive from Gien, on the Loire about an hour from Orléans. It's a royally handsome town (bought for medieval king Philip 2), with a castle and a famed bridge that's spanned the water here for centuries. The bridge is the best spot in town for taking a photo, particularly at night when both it and the castle are lit up; after that, cross back over to the modern part of town for a tasty bite at one of the excellent restaurants.
- Does Camping Les Bois du Bardelet have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Camping Les Bois du Bardelet dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Les Bois du Bardelet? This lush land is close to the Loire river, among the castles, history, vineyards and old villages of the UNESCO-listed Loire Valley. The Camping Les Bois du Bardelet team arranges excursions to … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Camping Les Bois du Bardelet?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 3 p.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.