This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Close to Chambon-la-Forêt on the edge of huge Orléans Forest
- 15 minutes' drive from beach of Étang de la Vallée and 45 from Orléans
- Pool, fishing, play area, archery, miniature golf and tennis
Might you care to make this your domain when parking your holidaying self around the Loire valley? The reasons they are aplenty: Camping Domaine de la Rive du Bois is among the vineyards, cycling trails and châteaux of said valley, 15 minutes' drive from the waters and beach of Étang de la Vallée – but only a 45-minute drive from sightseeing options in Orléans and just under a couple of hours' drive from Paris.
Based a couple of minutes' drive from the Loiret department town of Chambon-la-Forêt, Camping Domaine de la Rive du Bois is on the edge of the protected region of Orléans Forest, the biggest national forest in France. As you might reckon, it's a cinch to sort woodland hikes and bike rides from here, along the loads of walking and cycle trails of the forest's 35,000 hectares. Another fab forest, Fontainebleau (France's third biggest, foliage fans) is within 45 minutes.
The site has stacks of space for kids to whizz about, both around the grounds and at the sizeable play area among the trees. Kids can venture around this wooded setting on two wheels too, or paddle in the Rive du Bois pond while their grownups try their hand at on-site fishing.
Other leisure options include an outdoor pool, miniature golf and archery, along with tennis courts, basketball and a games room with seating and table football. Fishing and golf are both available nearby.
A restaurant, bakery, butcher, deli and grocery shop are all within easy reach.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Medium (26-50 pitches)
Plunge right into the vast expanse of forest for hiking and biking trails to keep you roaming for weeks; make for swimming, fishing, canoeing and beach basking at the nearby Étang de la Vallée, or access treks on four hooves via horse riding from Ouzouer-sur-Loire 40 minutes away.
Towns and cities are within easy reach too: start off at Bellegarde (20 minutes), to see its castle and Notre Dame church, then stroll along the pretty cobbled streets for a good selection of cafés, bars and restaurants. Saint-Benoit-sur-Loire (35 minutes) is famed for Fleury Abbey, founded in the eighth century and now one of the best-known Benedictine monasteries in western Europe. And then onto Orléans, for its 17th-century Gothic cathedral, arts museum and Joan of Arc House.
After your historic Orléans sightseeing, pootle around the city parks for a more restful hour or two: there's the Parc Louis-Pasteur, with boat pond, steam train rides and puppet theatre; the botanical setting ofJardin des Plantes, and the splendid Parc Floral de la Source, to the south of the Loire.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Camping Domaine de la Rive du Bois have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Camping Domaine de la Rive du Bois dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Domaine de la Rive du Bois? Plunge right into the vast expanse of forest for hiking and biking trails to keep you roaming for weeks; make for swimming, fishing, canoeing and beach basking at the nearby Étang de … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Camping Domaine de la Rive du Bois?
Camping and touring Arrive: 9 a.m. – 8:30 p.m. Depart by: Anytime