This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Well-equipped site in the Loire Valley Region
- Swim throughout the year in the indoor or outdoor swimming pool
- Ninety minutes from Paris
A site with 'château' in the name is likely to be near a few castles. And so it comes to pass at Sandaya Le Château des Marais: it's in the UNESCO World Heritage Site of the Châteaux of the Loire Valley and so has plenty of old piles to see all around.
Le Château des Marais is also about 100 metres from the Loire river (you may spy dips) and half a kilometre from the royal hunting ground of Chambord Park, the biggest enclosed forest in Europe.
Hunters were here too years back, as the site was once a hunting property... these days it's a 14-hectare, well-equipped holiday park surrounded by a scenic forest. There's plenty to kick back at and do after a long day getting envious at les châteaux: indoor and outdoor pools, a sauna, a Jacuzzi, a Turkish bath and a solarium with deckchairs; we spy sinking into/snoozing over a book...
There are four amenities blocks, each with a laundry and baby-changing facilities. The site restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as takeaway, and there's also a bar and a grocery store.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Short ,overnight stay
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Jumbo tent pitches
Leave the car at home
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Nearby farmers' market
Large (51-200 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Drainage hook-up points for tourers
Motorhome service point
Water hook-up points for tourers
The Loire Valley is of course famed worldwide for its châteaux and lush green gardens as well as its landscape, and Le Château des Marais is well set as a base to explore the worldwide-famed châteaux, lush green gardens and wide landscapes of the Loire Valley.
Blois, Beauregard, Chaumont and Chenonceau are excellent châteaux to see in the region and all are easily accessible from the site; also take time for a canoe trip or boat ride along the Loire river, a spot of fishing from its banks, and taking off into the countryside for some French wildlife watching and village hopping.
This is – mais oui – wine country too, with many a wine trail around, and a place filled with cuisine culture: pack the picnic basket with local cheese, fish, saffron, honey and – mais oui – a bottle or two of Loire Valley vino.
- Does Camping Château des Marais have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Camping Château des Marais dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Château des Marais? The Loire Valley is of course famed worldwide for its châteaux and lush green gardens as well as its landscape, and Le Château des Marais is well set as a base to … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Camping Château des Marais?
Camping and touring Arrive: 3 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.