This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful glamping site set in 80 acres of farmland
- A quarter of an hour's drive from Monmouth; Chepstow 20 minutes
- Traditional Mongolian yurts; suitable for families, couples and groups
Almost invisible to the outside world in its secluded valley location, Hidden Valley Yurts is located at Lower Glyn Farm in the peaceful Monmouthshire countryside. This friendly glamping site in Farhill, South Wales is home to a handful of handsome Mongolian yurts, all of which are pitched in a south-facing meadow next to a stream.
Set within easy reach of scenic spots like Monmouth, Tintern, Raglan, Usk, Chepstow and other Wye Valley attractions, Hidden Valley Yurts makes an excellent base for exploring the landscape that inspired the likes of Wordsworth and Turner – it's definitely worth packing your sketchbook or notepad if you're similarly artistically inclined…
Behind each brightly coloured painted door lies a cosy and spacious yurt, lovingly decked out with beds, chairs, lights, rugs and wall hangings. To keep you toasty and warm, each yurt is equipped with a woodburning stove, alongside kindling and wood for fuel.
Outside, you can relax on your own decking area for a barbecue. A main facilities area is just a short distance away, with a veranda attached for whiling away a lazy afternoon. A pétanque area, central campfire, woodburning pizza oven and communal safari-style dining tent are also available, and there's a chicken run where you can collect fresh eggs each morning.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Deep cleaning of accommodation units between guests
Hand sanitising stations
Removal of soft furnishings (e.g. decorative cushions)
Shared spaces: daily deep cleaning
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
D. of E. welcome
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Tipis, yurts, or wigwams
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transport nearby
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Mountain biking nearby
- Coach stations
— 9.2 kilometres
9.2 kilometres Bus Station — 12.2 kilometres
12.2 kilometres Town Hall — 18.9 kilometres
- Train stations
Chepstow Rail Station
— 12.5 kilometres
12.5 kilometres Caldicot Rail Station — 16.6 kilometres
16.6 kilometres Severn Tunnel Junction Rail Station — 16.6 kilometres
- Ferry ports
— 18.4 kilometres
18.4 kilometres Sharpness Old Docks — 19.9 kilometres
19.9 kilometres Newport (S Wales) Ferry Terminal — 23.7 kilometres
Bristol International Airport
— 38.8 kilometres
38.8 kilometres Gloucestershire Airport — 45.8 kilometres
You certainly won't find yourself getting bored at Hidden Valley Yurts. Top tourist sites in the local area include gorgeous Tintern and its famous abbey (15 minutes’ drive), the market towns of Monmouth (15 minutes) and Chepstow (20 minutes) and fortresses like Raglan Castle (20 minutes).
Local outdoor expert Simon Birbeck is available to come and teach foraging, bushcraft, survival skills and nature studies at Hidden Valley Yurts – speak to the site team if you are interested in arranging a visit. Similarly outdoorsy activities are readily available across the local area, including Laserclayz (45 minutes) for clay pigeon shooting and Wye Valley Falconry (45 minutes), where you can fly and handle a number of majestic birds of prey.
If coarse fishing is your thing, check out Grange Springs Fishing Lakes (10 minutes), a premier fishing destination in a scenic rural location near the border between England and Wales. For some time in the saddle instead, trot down to Redbrook Equestrian (25 minutes) for some professional riding lessons, or hire a bike and cycle through the Forest of Dean with Pedalabikeaway (30 minutes).
- Raglan Castle (6.8 kilometres)
- Caldicot Castle & Country Park (9.4 kilometres)
- Chepstow Castle (12.0 kilometres)
- The Kymin (10.1 kilometres)
- Skenfrith Castle (16.2 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Hidden Valley Yurts have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Hidden Valley Yurts dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Hidden Valley Yurts? You certainly won't find yourself getting bored at Hidden Valley Yurts. Top tourist sites in the local area include gorgeous Tintern and its famous abbey (15 minutes’ drive), the market towns of … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Hidden Valley Yurts?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 5 p.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: 10:30 a.m.