This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Smart shepherd's hut with sea views in Llanaber
- Beaches, Snowdonia walks and Portmeirion within half an hour
- Private outdoor area with lawn, decking and barbecue
Sea views, stunning sunsets, a smart place to sleep and stacks to do nearby – step this way, please. Allibella Shepherd's Hut is a private wooden glamping hut in the little village of Llanaber, facing west for some splendid views out to sea and beyond to the Llyn Peninsula.
You’d be forgiven for wanting to spend your stay here mainly nursing a drink out on deck while gazing out to sea (especially around sunset), but it’s worth abandoning your post for at least part of the day to head out to explore the many local attractions: strolling over the road to the beach, hiking in Snowdonia National Park, riding a heritage railway, or perhaps visiting pretty Portmeirion?
Getting out and about is easy even if you fancy a day off driving, as there’s a station just a few minutes’ walk away, and a couple of excellent restaurants within walking distance (one family-friendly place with playground; the other with a super sea-view terrace).
Want more still? How about a cosy place to come back to, with ensuite bathroom, well-equipped kitchenette and its own private outdoor area with grassy and decked areas, seating and a barbecue? Allibella ticks all those boxes, and throws in bed linen, towels, heating and free wifi too for good measure.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Check-in: self check-in (unattended)
Dedicated shower facility per glamping unit
Dedicated toilet facility per glamping unit
Deep cleaning of accommodation units between guests
We're Good To Go (VisitBritain accreditation)
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Public transport nearby
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
Horse riding nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
- Coach stations
Barmouth: Jubilee Rd Coach Stop
— 1.6 miles
1.6 miles Dolgellau: Eldon Square Coach Stop — 8.0 miles
8.0 miles Porthmadog Coach Stop — 13.1 miles
- Train stations
Llanaber Rail Station
— 0.1 miles
0.1 miles Barmouth Rail Station — 1.5 miles
1.5 miles Talybont Rail Station — 2.3 miles
- Ferry ports
Barmouth Ferry Landing
— 1.9 miles
1.9 miles Porth Penrhyn Ferry Landing — 2.2 miles
2.2 miles Aberdaron Ferry Landing — 27.0 miles
— 40.3 miles
If that watery view has inspired you to go splashing into the sea yourself, you’ll not have to roam far. Llanaber’s own sandy beach is just over the road, or you could set forth for Barmouth, five minutes’ drive away, or the dunes and mudflats of Shell Island, 20 minutes away (also a fab fishing spot).
You’re well placed for all sorts of major attractions too – Snowdonia National Park’s walking and bike trails are less than half an hour away, as are Harlech Castle and the spectacular Italianate village of Portmeirion. Railway rides are a good way to see a bit of the scenery: try the Fairbourne Steam Railway for coastal jaunts or the Ffestiniog and Welsh Highland Railways for mountainous journeys.
Folks with kids in tow should be well served with things to keep them amused for many a day. Within an hour's drive, Zip World Bounce Below is a popular underground adventure park for the teens, while GreenWood forest park and the Children’s Farm Park in Llanfair have heaps of fun things for the tiddlers.
- CADW - Harlech Castle (8.2 miles)
- Rheilffordd Talyllyn Railway (11.0 miles)
- Portmeirion Gardens (11.9 miles)
- Plas yn Rhiw (23.5 miles)
- Ty^ Mawr Wybrnant (23.6 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Allibella Shepherd's Hut have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Allibella Shepherd's Hut dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Allibella Shepherd's Hut? If that watery view has inspired you to go splashing into the sea yourself, you’ll not have to roam far. Llanaber’s own sandy beach is just over the road, or you could … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Allibella Shepherd's Hut?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 4 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 10 a.m.