This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
Number one in Cool Camping Scotland for the last three years, Lickisto Blackhouse offers wild camping with good facilities. Based on an old croft on the unique landsape of east Harris. We are sheltered and have pitches spaced over 6 hectares. A 200-year-old blackhouse offers a fire, hot water, bathroom, kettle and comfy settees, as a shared space for visitors.
Pitches are spread out, with space for big tents. There's also space for three campervans/mobile homes with hook-up on hardstanding.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Tipis, yurts, or wigwams
Lake and/or mountain
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Public transport nearby
Small (11-25 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Surf school nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Water hook-up points for tourers
- Coach stations
Uig: Pier Coach Stop
— 24.3 miles
- Train stations
Duirinish Rail Station
— 55.7 miles
- Ferry ports
Tarbert (Harris) Ferry Terminal
— 5.2 miles
5.2 miles Tarbert (Harris) Ferry Terminal — 5.2 miles
5.2 miles Leverburgh Harris Ferry Terminal — 7.6 miles
Benbecula Balivanich Airport
— 31.2 miles
Some of the best beaches in the uk. Widlife including eagles, dolphins and otters. Fishing.
We are next to the the Coffin Road walk, and Skoon art cafe is five minutes up the road. Tweed is also made locally.
- Calanais Standing Stones Visitor Centre (26.2 miles)
- Dunvegan Castle and Gardens (28.7 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Lickisto Blackhouse have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Lickisto Blackhouse dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Lickisto Blackhouse? Some of the best beaches in the uk. Widlife including eagles, dolphins and otters. Fishing. We are next to the the Coffin Road walk, and Skoon art cafe is five minutes up … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Lickisto Blackhouse?