This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- West Dorset Shepherd's Huts set in an AONB, with beautiful views
- A rural retreat with an indoor pool, spa room, games room and fairies!
- An award winning complex with nearby walks, attractions and beaches
Forget wet canvas and soggy sleeping bags, and enjoy a much more exciting and luxurious option with Lancombe’s Dorset Glamping experience!
If you’re looking for campsites in Dorset for a self-catering holiday with a difference, we are proud to introduce Marjorie and Ezmerelda. They are luxury Shepherd’s Huts that have been commissioned especially for Lancombe, an award winning holiday complex set in the West Dorset Countryside. These custom made luxury Shepherd Huts offers a stylish and cosy base for a romantic rendezvous for two, or an adventure in complete comfort for a family, all year round.
Marjorie and Ezmerelda are situated towards the furthest point of Lancombe, nestled in a peaceful corner of the meadow and the woodland; whilst still maintaining civilization with a shingled pathway for access. They are both perfectly equipped and ready for your self-catering, posh camping break.
Our glamping experiences offer the early risers an opportunity to watch the sunrise over the rolling hills and meadows of Dorset.
Both of these lovely huts sleep 4 people each boastinng their own ensuite shower room and toilet, kitchenette, and outdoor log store with access to all the facilities that Lancombe offers including free wifi.
Silver Winner in the 2015 Dorset Tourism Awards Self Catering Category
Awarded the 2015 and 2016 Certificate of Excellence from Trip Advisor reviews
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Public transport nearby
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
- Coach stations
— 12.2 kilometres
12.2 kilometres South Station — 15.5 kilometres
15.5 kilometres Yeovil Bus Station — 16.8 kilometres
- Train stations
Maiden Newton Rail Station
— 3.5 kilometres
3.5 kilometres Chetnole Rail Station — 8.9 kilometres
8.9 kilometres Yetminster Rail Station — 12.0 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Weymouth Ferry Terminal
— 23.5 kilometres
23.5 kilometres Poole Ferry Terminal — 44.9 kilometres
44.9 kilometres Poole Quay Ferry Landing — 45.3 kilometres
Bournemouth International Airport
— 55.3 kilometres
Dorset and the South West have some of the finest scenery and attractions that the UK has to offer; and it’s within easy reach of Lancombe. With beaches such as West Bay (Broadchurch) and Charminster (fossils) and of course Weymouth, being in easy driving distance, there is always plenty to do.
Below outlines some favourites of both ourselves and our guests. Hopefully, this will give you some food for thought when planning out your holiday activities.
Don’t forget: check out our blog too, as we’ll do regular features on some of these fantastic locations.
Abbotsbury Gardens, Swannery and Children's Farm - 14.3 miles
The Tank Museum - 24.2 miles
Monkey World - 26.1 miles
Sealife - 18.8 miles
Dinosaur museum - 9 miles
West Bay - 15.4 miles
Hive Beach - Burton Bradstock - 15 miles
Weymouth - 19 miles
Charmouth - 21 miles
Eggardon Hill - beautiful scenic view - 5 miles
Cerne Abbas Giant - 8.1 miles
Beaminster - 7.7 miles
Dorchester - 8 miles
The Kingcombe Centre - 3 miles
There are plentiful walks and cycle routes, fine pubs and eateries close by.
- Mapperton House & Gardens (6.4 kilometres)
- Abbotsbury Swannery (14.7 kilometres)
- Hardy's Birthplace (17.3 kilometres)
- Max Gate (16.3 kilometres)
- Hardy's Cottage (17.2 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Lancombe have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Lancombe dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Lancombe? Dorset and the South West have some of the finest scenery and attractions that the UK has to offer; and it’s within easy reach of Lancombe. With beaches such as West Bay … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Lancombe?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 3 p.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.
Please contact us if you expect to arrive later than 7pm.Read more