This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
- Peaceful, dog-friendly site in Dartmoor National Park
- Walking distance from reservoirs; a 25-minute drive to Fingle Bridge
- Ex-army mess tent for dining and relaxing; natural firepit area
Wild swimming, cycling, hiking or horse riding down lush Devon lanes… the wild and windswept Dartmoor National Park is where you’ll find Beech Tree Farm. At this peaceful site you’ll all have the run of a flat farm meadow with an adjoining copse of mature trees.
There's plenty of space to go around too, and it's all centred around a natural firepit area and a large vintage army mess tent space for chilling out and cooking.
The other facilities on site have a nice touch too – and that includes a railway carriage conversion with two loos, two hot water showers rooms, a mobile phone charging point and running water for dishwashing, drinking and cooking.
Very well-behaved dogs are welcome (the usual doggy rules apply and bins are provided), as are children (there’s a huge area for them to run around). There is livestock on the farm, so guests are asked to be mindful (stag or hen parties are not permitted for this reason).
The way here is quite hidden and you’ll pass Blackingstone Tor on your way. But you won’t be too far away from Moretonhampstead (10 minutes’ drive), where there are all the usual amenities including pubs, restaurants, cafés and takeaways, plus a supermarket, butcher, greengrocer and zero shop, all with locally-sourced food.
Open from 07/22/2023 to 08/31/2023
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Excellent stay, clean facilities and very peaceful
Lovely campsite. Toilet/shower block very clean and private. Washing up …
Local guide and map, toilets, not too busy, perfect scenery
Nice, quiet spot where to stay. Good facilities.
This is a very special site, in the heart of the countryside.
Lovely, clean campsite, friendly host and beautiful Devon scenery.
this site is so quiet! If you want a remote, …
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
- Coach stations
— 15.7 kilometres
15.7 kilometres Rail Station — 16.0 kilometres
16.0 kilometres Rail Station — 16.0 kilometres
- Train stations
Yeoford Rail Station
— 13.8 kilometres
13.8 kilometres Exeter St Thomas Rail Station — 14.4 kilometres
14.4 kilometres Exeter St Davids Rail Station — 14.8 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Topsham Lock Ferry Landing
— 17.7 kilometres
17.7 kilometres Turf Lock Inn Ferry Landing — 17.7 kilometres
17.7 kilometres Topsham Ferry Landing — 17.8 kilometres
Exeter International Airport
— 22.8 kilometres
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Kennick Reservoir (walking and fly fishing): 25 minutes’ walk
- Tottiford Reservoir (walking and coarse fishing): 50 minutes
- Trenchford Reservoir (walking and coarse fishing): 50 minutes
- Heated outdoor swimming pool: 10 minutes’ drive
- Moretonhampstead Information Centre: 10 minutes
- The Miniature Pony Centre (pony encounters, play areas, café and picnic areas): 15 minutes
- Canonteign Falls (waterfall walks): 15 minutes
- Becky Falls Ancient Woodland Park (woodland park with a children’s zoo, woodland trail and crafts): 25 minutes
- Fingle Bridge (National Trust 17th-century stone arch bridge): 25 minutes
- Exeter: half an hour
- Teignmouth beach (sandy beach with watersports): 40 minutes
- Dawlish (seaside town): 45 minutes.
- Castle Drogo (8.3 kilometres)
- Exeter Cathedral - Church of Saint Peter (15.2 kilometres)
- Buckfast Abbey (18.3 kilometres)
- Castle Drogo (8.3 kilometres)
- The Church House (10.9 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||2 p.m. –||7 p.m.|
|Depart by:||11 a.m.|
Beech Tree Farm cancellation policy
No refunds within 1 week of arrival date.
Modifications are subject to a £10.00 (€11.82) fee.
Bookings cannot be amended within 7 day(s) of arrival.
The site is not liable for any refund in the event of force majeure.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
A 15% non-refundable deposit is payable now. Beech Tree Farm will debit the balance from your card 2 weeks before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 2 weeks then the balance will be taken immediately.
Refunds within the indicated cancellation period are only possible if the site is able to relet your unit/pitch.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking, or at any point before the due date.
Payment methods accepted on the parkCash
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does Beech Tree Farm have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Beech Tree Farm dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Beech Tree Farm? Attractions and activities nearby include: - Kennick Reservoir (walking and fly fishing): 25 minutes’ walk - Tottiford Reservoir (walking and coarse fishing): 50 minutes - Trenchford Reservoir (walking and coarse fishing): 50 … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Beech Tree Farm?
Camping and touring Arrive: 2 p.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.