Why not enter some details and get an accurate price?
- Well-maintained site in the South Hams, two miles from the coast
- A 10-minute drive from Dartmouth; half an hour from Dartmoor
- On a working farm with a country pub a mile away
Quarry Lake Camping has simple but well-maintained pitches on a working Devon sheep farm in the stunning South Hams, with far-reaching views towards the local fishing town of Dartmouth and Slapton Sands.
This peaceful rural site is a top spot for those aiming to get out for walks or bike rides – the South West Coast Path is two miles away (as is Blackpool Sands beach for those who’d rather spend time paddling, swimming or kayaking) and it’s about a half-hour drive to the trails of Dartmoor National Park. As well as those big names, there are plenty of places to stroll closer to home around the South Devon Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
Such outings should give you a bit of a taste of rural life – and there’s more of that around the farm, where you’ll look out over fields of sheep and cows and may well spot a good amount of wildlife (along with resident dog Angus bounding around the place). A country pub is a mile away for dinners and drinks (and a play park for smaller guests), and there are more places to eat 10 minutes’ drive away in Dartmouth – along with shops to pick up bits for your barbecue.
Back on site, guests are provided with portaloos and mains water for washing up, but it’s worth noting that there’s no drinking water so you’ll want to bring your own along.
Open from 07/10/2021 to 09/04/2021
Guests are advised to bring a good quality torch with them as parts of the site are unlit.
Minimum spacing of 3 metres between pitches.
At least one of the party members must be aged 21 or over.
Under 18s must be accompanied by their parents or legal guardians.
This site has no on-site shower facilities.
No hen/stag parties permitted via Pitchup.com.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Non-electric grass tent or motorhome pitch
Max. persons: 6 x
One Tent or Trailer tent or Campervan or Motorhome allowed per pitch
Pitch size : unlimited
Ground type: Grass
Based on a stay for 2 adultsAvailability by arrival day (British Pound (£), extras not included) (Euro (€), extras not included) (Australian Dollar (A$), extras not included) (US Dollar (US$), extras not included) (Canadian Dollar (CA$), extras not included) (Swiss Franc (CHF), extras not included) (Swedish Krona (SEK), extras not included) (Danish Krone (DKK), extras not included) (Norwegian Krone (NOK), extras not included) (Icelandic Króna (ISK), extras not included) (Argentine Peso (ARS), extras not included) (Chilean Peso (CLP), extras not included) (Peruvian Sol (PEN), extras not included) (New Zealand Dollar (NZ$), extras not included) (South African Rand (ZAR), extras not included) (Polish Zloty (PLN), extras not included) (Brazilian Real (R$), extras not included) (Czech Koruna (CZK), extras not included) (Serbian Dinar (RSD), extras not included) (Hungarian Forint (HUF), extras not included) (Russian Rouble (RUB), extras not included) (Chinese Yuan (CN¥), extras not included)
Lovely campsite in a quiet area. Stayed for one night …
I spent only a night with my camper but for …
From the manager...
Thanks for your lovely review hope to see you all soon
From the manager...
Thanks for your great review I look forward to welcoming you back to our site
Everything is fine and comfortable.
From the manager...
Thanks for your review hope to see you again soon
From the manager...
Thanks for your lovely review hope to see you again soon
Capacity reduced to increase social distancing
Check-in: contactless (in person)
Disinfectant sprays and wipes provided
Hand sanitising stations
More frequent emptying of bins
Shared spaces: more frequent cleaning
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
D. of E. welcome
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transport nearby
Small (11-25 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Surf school nearby
- Coach stations
Opposite Royal Seven Stars Hotel
— 6.4 miles
6.4 miles Bank Lane — 6.4 miles
6.4 miles Opposite Tourist Information Centre — 6.5 miles
- Train stations
Totnes Rail Station
— 6.8 miles
6.8 miles Paignton Rail Station — 7.1 miles
7.1 miles Torquay Rail Station — 9.1 miles
- Ferry ports
Dartmouth South Embankment Ferry Terminal
— 2.7 miles
2.7 miles Dartmouth North Embankment Ferry Terminal — 2.7 miles
2.7 miles Dartmouth Naval College Ferry Terminal — 2.8 miles
Exeter International Airport
— 28.5 miles
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Woodlands Family Theme Park: five minutes’ drive
- Blackpool Sands: 10 minutes
- Dartmouth Castle: 15 minutes
- Slapton Sands beach: 15 minutes
- Sharpham Wine: 25 minutes
- South Devon Chilli Farm: 25 minutes
- Pennywell Farm: half an hour
- Salcombe (beach, watersports and gin distillery): half an hour
- Totnes Rare Breeds Farm: half an hour
- Paignton Zoo: 35 minutes.
- Paignton Zoo Environmental Park (6.2 miles)
- Living Coasts (9.4 miles)
- Buckfast Abbey (12.0 miles)
- Greenway (3.6 miles)
- Coleton Fishacre (4.4 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||Anytime –||6:30 p.m.|
|Depart by:||1 p.m.|
Quarry Lake Camping cancellation policy
No refunds within 1 week of arrival date.
Bookings cannot be amended within 7 day(s) of arrival.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19. Quarry Lake Camping will debit the balance from your card 10 days before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 10 days then the balance will be taken immediately.
Refunds within the indicated cancellation period are only possible if the site is able to relet your unit/pitch.Deposit transferable during COVID-19. During COVID-19 you can transfer your deposit to a future stay booked within 3 months of your arrival date. Read more.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking.
Payment methods accepted on the parkBank transfer
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does Quarry Lake Camping have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Quarry Lake Camping dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Quarry Lake Camping? Attractions and activities nearby include: - Woodlands Family Theme Park: five minutes’ drive - Blackpool Sands: 10 minutes - Dartmouth Castle: 15 minutes - Slapton Sands beach: 15 minutes - Sharpham Wine: … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Quarry Lake Camping?
Camping and touring Arrive: Anytime – 6:30 p.m. Depart by: 1 p.m.
- How much does it cost to stay at Quarry Lake Camping? From €17.61 (for 1 night, 4 people) - prices may change depending on your dates and party. Check prices and availability