This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Glamping in the north Devon countryside with stunning views
- A five-minute drive from Bideford and 10 from Instow beach
- On a 200-acre estate with woodland walks to the Torridge river
Best things about a proper rural break… Woodland walks? Riverside rambles? Picnics by a lake? Waving at farm animals? Views made up mainly of shades of green?
No need to come up with an answer to the above, as all of the options are on offer at Oldiscleave Farm, in a secluded rural spot five minutes’ drive from the centre of Bideford. The glamping units here are on the edge of a working farm, with a massive 200 acres of land for guests to wander around – through woods, down to the banks of the Torridge river or over to the lake for a waterside picnic.
And those views? Those are pretty splendid too, looking out over the north Devon countryside, often accompanied by some rather special sunsets come evening time. They’re perhaps best enjoyed from the outdoor area outside each unit, where there’s a picnic table on which to serve up your snacks and drinks.
Tearing yourselves away from all this may be a tricky, but it’s worth it to see a bit more of your surrounds. This being north Devon, within a 15-minute drive there are beaches, bike rides on the traffic-free Tarka Trail and boat trips to meet the puffins on Lundy island.
All of this sound like something that might get your dog’s tail wagging wildly? Happy news, then, that four-legged friends are welcome to join in on jaunts here.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
- Coach stations
Bideford: Quay Coach Stop
— 2.1 miles
2.1 miles Northam: Square Coach Stop — 3.5 miles
3.5 miles Instow (Devon): The Quay Coach Stop — 3.7 miles
- Train stations
Chapelton (Devon) Rail Station
— 6.5 miles
6.5 miles Barnstaple Rail Station — 7.0 miles
7.0 miles Umberleigh Rail Station — 8.2 miles
- Ferry ports
Bideford Ferry Landing
— 2.1 miles
2.1 miles Instow Ferry Landing — 3.7 miles
3.7 miles Appledore Ferry Landing — 3.9 miles
Exeter International Airport
— 37.8 miles
North Devon’s quite rightly proud of its coastline, best viewed either with a ramble along the South West Coast Path or by picking one of its many fine beaches for a day out. Westward Ho! (15 minutes’ drive) is a popular pick for sandcastle-building families, while surfers (both novices and regulars) should aim for Croyde (40 minutes) or Woolacombe (50 minutes) for the best waves.
Bideford (five minutes) doesn’t have its own beach as such, but the folk on site recommend hiring bikes here for a trip along the Tarka Trail, stopping at Instow beach for an ice cream along the way. The town does, however, have a harbour – the launching point for boat trips out to the wildlife haven of Lundy island.
Other spots worth a visit locally include the colourful floral displays at RHS Rosemoor (15 minutes), the glass-blowing factory of Dartington Crystal (15 minutes) and the fishing village of Clovelly (25 minutes), where the only traffic comes in the form of donkeys.
Family-friendly days out can also be had at the Big Sheep amusement park (10 minutes) and the Milky Way Adventure Park (20 minutes).
- RHS Garden Rosemoor (4.1 miles)
- Castle Drogo (26.1 miles)
- Arlington Court and the National Trust Carriage Museum (13.1 miles)
- Heddon Valley (18.4 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Oldiscleave Farm have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Oldiscleave Farm dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Oldiscleave Farm? North Devon’s quite rightly proud of its coastline, best viewed either with a ramble along the South West Coast Path or by picking one of its many fine beaches for a day … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Oldiscleave Farm?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 2 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 10 a.m.